Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dirtcar UMP Championship at Charlotte Dirt Track

Just saw that Kenny Schrader is racing there. I did not know about this race. Go to Charlotte Speedway website and there is no mention. Does anyone have info. What drivers will be there.

They just added this not to long ago. I has nothing to do with woo's. There are a bunch more classes. I think its posted on another thread here. They are having seca lm, 4cyls,310 sprints and a bunch of other classes.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

World Racing Group is putting it on from what I've heard under the DirtCar banner.

Guessing it's a similar deal to how the World Finals started, WRG rents the track and puts on the event, if it's successful, Charlotte will start putting it on and pay the sanction fees...

http://www.dirtcarump.com/world-shor...-championship/

Pulled this off the other thread where i asked the same question

Ok i was told it had nothing to do w woo. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Ok i was told it had nothing to do w woo. My bad
    Thats what I was told also. That and the track itself didn't have much to do with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Thats what I was told also. That and the track itself didn't have much to do with it either.
    I believe thats a 3 day show then the following finals is 3 day show. They were advertizing it as a 2 wk show. I guess 6days is 2 wks to them

Yeah i think your right. Was gonna try to make both shows but dont think ill make it this weekend. Definitely coming down next week. Hopefully they do it again this year, last year was my 1st time so i dont know if it was done the years before. The Carolina Ale House on Thursday night is the place to be. Got to meet and hang out with drivers, crew even the guys running the souvenir trailers and had a blast. Not sure if it was MAV or a local station but they were broadcasting live interviewing drivers. Anyone going i definitely recommend stopping by if theyre doing it again this year

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    Yeah i think your right. Was gonna try to make both shows but dont think ill make it this weekend. Definitely coming down next week. Hopefully they do it again this year, last year was my 1st time so i dont know if it was done the years before. The Carolina Ale House on Thursday night is the place to be. Got to meet and hang out with drivers, crew even the guys running the souvenir trailers and had a blast. Not sure if it was MAV or a local station but they were broadcasting live interviewing drivers. Anyone going i definitely recommend stopping by if theyre doing it again this year
    This is first time for dirtcar series the wknd before. It was always a 3 day show and i have been going since they ran at dirt track.

jlacey, I'm assuming you mean after the races are over Thursday that is the place to be? If I'm flying all the way out there I'll be at the racetrack even though its just qualifying and I think heats for the mods. But I'm a weirdo and enjoy qualifying lol.

There are a couple other events at and outside of chrlt motor spdway this weekend.

Oct 21,22,23 is the good guys hot rod show inside chrlt motor spdwy.

Out side of speedway is the queen city fair also oct 14th-23rd.

Prolly going to be a mess traffic wise.

COME TO THE PETTING ZOO AND YOU CAN MEET SOME 4M MEMBERS LIKE..........

DIC DOBBER 69
    A25RJR
    BED WETTER

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    jlacey, I'm assuming you mean after the races are over Thursday that is the place to be? If I'm flying all the way out there I'll be at the racetrack even though its just qualifying and I think heats for the mods. But I'm a weirdo and enjoy qualifying lol.
    Actually i think its Wednesday night, i forgot qualifying was Thursday night. Was thinking it was Friday but you saying that reminded me. Im with you i like to watch practice, qualifying and everything. Some cars might be new to me and watching time trials and having the announcer talk about just the 1 or 2 guys on the track helps to find out who they are and where their from

Absolutely, I enjoy getting to watch each car individually, see what it's doing, drivers hitting different marks, etc. When you get 10 or more cars out on the track there is so much going on its hard to actually lock in on 1 car and watch its behavior. I always enjoyed single car qualifying but I can see what some/most people don't.

Yeah that always annoyed me. Unless i go to a track near home theres always a handful of drivers ove never seen before and the announcer doesnt talk about them until they go green and you cant hear. Especially with the sprints and mods as much as some of those guys swap rides. I like single car tts for that reason but understand the multi car tts for time reasons

Cherokee is having there blue gray 100 paying $10k on sunday oct 23. For all that want to know whats going on in case they want to add that to there trip.
    Its only an hr south right off 85 exit 96. Strait shot from concord.

THIS WAS EDITED FOR CHEROKEE RACE DATE. ORIG POSTED THE 30TH. IT IS ACTUALLY THIS SUNDAY THE 23RD FOR ANYBODY THAT SAW THE 30TH. SORRY
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 10-20-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Might make that drive on Sunday too

I'm flying out sunday night (did the night flight just in case of a sunday race again)

Good call. Im hoping it doesnt get rained out again, would like to get to Cherokee again this year

Hope to run into some of you guys there. Hopefully they park the Budweiser trailer by the pitside grandstands again. Most of our time (and $) will be spent there again

Weather down here is calling for 50% rain showers sat day time clear thurs,fri and sunday. Thats for 20th-23rd
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 10-19-2016 at 06:47 PM.