FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 18, 2016

Ashley Newman Takes the Win at Clayill; Preston Seratt Finishes 3rd

Dyersburg, Tennessee (10/18/16) – Ashley Newman enjoyed a victorious debut in the Seratt Motorsports #29n J&P Machine Repairs/ Mark Bush Racing/ Mullins Racing Engine Modified. He powered the entry to the $2,000 triumph, while his teammate, Preston Seratt charged to a podium finish as well.

“To win right out of the gate just shows how great this equipment is that Seratt Motorsports is providing me,” said Newman. “I can’t thank Preston, his dad, and everyone with the team enough for giving me this great opportunity. It’s really cool to get this win for them.”

Making the first start of the season as teammates, Preston Seratt and Ashley Newman visited Clayhill Motorsports (Atwood, Tennessee) on Saturday night for the King of the Hill event.

Drawing 26 Open Wheel Modifieds for the K&N Filters USCS Modified, sanctioned program, Seratt scored a runner-up finish in his heat behind Bart Richardson, while Newman secured his spot in the A-Main with a 2nd-place finish in his heat behind Troy Dow.

Coming from the 5th-starting position, Ashley Newman wheeled his way to the 20-lap victory in his first Modified start of the season. Gaining three positions, Preston reeled in a 3rd-place finish, trailing Newman and Matt Cooper across the finish line with Bart Richardson and Greg Welch rounding out the Top 5.

“I can’t believe the guy [Newman] had the nerve to outrun me right off the bat,” laughed Seratt. “All jokes aside we are really excited to have Ashley on board for our team. He brings a lot to the table and his help during the week will allow us to both race more in 2017.”

Seratt concludes by noting, “I really want to thank my dad too. He pours his heart and soul into this team, and there is no way we could do this without him. He means a lot to us!”

For full results from this event, please visit www.ClayhillMotorsports.com .

Both drivers will enter a final event for 2017, when they travel to Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) this weekend, October 20-22 to take part in the Modified portion of the 22nd annual Coors Light Fall Classic. A $2,000 top prize is on the line for the competitors. For more information, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Preston Seratt would like to thank his marketing partners, including J&P Machine Repair, DC Electric Rebuilders, Wehrs Machine, KSE Racing Products, Dirt Defender, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, McArmour Enterprises, KBC Graphix, D.S.I. Performance, Arizona Sport Shirts, Race Wise Track Chassis School by Mark Bush, Mark Bush Racing, Mullins Race Engines, Lowery’s Body Shop & Wrecker Service, 45 Race Shop, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest news, updates, and other information regarding Preston Seratt, please visit www.PrestonSeratt29.com .