Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldora lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    It was thrown out, and drivers let it go. So its over. On Eldora website and Eldora Facebook page.
    Did you read the DoD article?

It was not thrown out, they withdrew the suit. And it's not over, they are going to move it very soon, probably to NC.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

They saw they couldn't win so they got out they never had a chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    They saw they couldn't win so they got out they never had a chance of winning.
    They pulled it out of federal court and most likely moving it to the state level. Unfortunately, it ain't over

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That would make a killer tshirt or bumper sticker.......mind if I use it?
    Go for it. I remember seeing a bumper sticker years ago that said "mean people suck." Ptown pretty much falls under that category too.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    They pulled it out of federal court and most likely moving it to the state level. Unfortunately, it ain't over
    If they persist, they're going to go broke trying to prove their innocence. Their lawyer is severely outmatched. I mean, he just now realized WRG's rules state any litigation must take place in NC?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

As Keifer once said......"it aint nearly over"!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

FROM ELDORA'S FACEBOOK PAGE:

ROSSBURG, Ohio (October 18, 2016) – A federal lawsuit filed against World Racing Group, Inc. (WRG) and subsidiary DIRTcar Racing, Eldora Speedway, Inc., and its owner Tony Stewart by five drivers and race teams disqualified following June’s Dirt Late Model Dream was dismissed today in U.S. Federal Court for the Northern District of New York (NDNY).

The Honorable U.S. District Court Judge Mae A. D’Agostino signed the dismissal order in Albany, New York.

“With ticket renewals beginning today for our 2017 Major Event Calendar, we are pleased with the voluntary motion by the plaintiffs and today’s dismissal,” said general manager Roger Slack. “We trust this marks the end of the matter and everyone can re-focus their energy on the drama which promises to unfold next season on the high-banks of Eldora.”

Plaintiffs Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, Gregg Satterlee, Brandon Sheppard, Ricky Thornton, Jr., and team owners R&W Motorsports, LLC, W.G. Satterlee & Sons, Inc., Best Performance Motorsports and JR. Motorsports, LLC, filed a voluntary motion for dismissal on Monday.

The New York law firms of Lester Schwab Katz & Dwyer, LLP and Ahmuty, Demers & McManus represented WRG, DIRTcar, Eldora and Stewart in NDNY. Counsel from IceMiller, LLP (Indianapolis) and Apollo Sports & Entertainment Group Law (Charlotte) complemented the team.

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE the boys brought in some high powered muscle and Bloomer & Co. turned tail and ran.

Just another way of saying the dispute was settled in a private manner. Keep your ears on fellas, more bullchit to follow from the rumor mill

This is a win for wrg side as its moved to there state.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

As I stated in a previous thread, it was a frivolous lawsuit. It was obvious who was going to win.

It's over you idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    This is a win for wrg side as its moved to there state.
    Its a win for fans and sponsors .........and racers.

One of the unintended consequences of the lawsuit was and is a serious discussion and subsequent change to the way tires are being addressed........so if nothing from this day forward comes from it, that did.

I'm good with it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Its a win for fans and sponsors .........and racers.

One of the unintended consequences of the lawsuit was and is a serious discussion and subsequent change to the way tires are being addressed........so if nothing from this day forward comes from it, that did.

I'm good with it.
    Idk whats true or not. But what happens happens

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Go for it. I remember seeing a bumper sticker years ago that said "mean people suck." Ptown pretty much falls under that category too.
    and nice people swallow

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    You forgot Satterlee and Thornton Jr. Jesus.
    I don't remember Jesus being implicated in the tire cheating scandal. Did I miss something

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If they persist, they're going to go broke trying to prove their innocence. Their lawyer is severely outmatched. I mean, he just now realized WRG's rules state any litigation must take place in NC?
    I thought the same thing after the read. Sounds like they must have gotten Louis Tully to represent them.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    It's over you idiots!
    the diehard idiots will never accept the facts or decision. it's now old news.
    8/13/16

It was not a good deal for the sport no matter how you look at it! Shepherd and Thornton may not have know, just speculating! Not sure with Owens and Satterlee, but nothing gets put on Scotts car without him knowing!

If you read the affidavit play4keeps it clearly states that two samples were tested. One came back as not meeting the benchmark and then the second sample which was the same tire, clearly passed the benchmark. UMP and WRG denied the zero the chance to return after having this information and that's why the suit started to begin with. Just read the affidavit and don't listen to the haters buddy. If anyone wants to doubt what I just stated I will gladly post what the courts released to the newspaper office.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/0...ifications.htm Read towards the bottom. The second sample came back as passing the benchmark. How can two samples from one tire come back different??

This was done so they could race at charlotte. After world finals it will be back in court!!