Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Where did he get the nick name Superman He had one good season and i applaud that however had it not been for a good first 6 weeks this season he could very well be in the middle of the pack in the Lucas oil.I just dont get it you never seen Davenport apparel until about 1/2 way through last season and all of a sudden there are band wagon fans wearing his shirts and bragging how great he is lol give me a break this big train went down hill as fast as it went up last year lol Who he drives for next year better have alot of quarters and doors beacuse he is about as hard on a car as Pierce I hardly ever see either of them loading after a race that half the body is hanging off the thing.Let the games begin JMO
    He had superman schemed car 4 or 5 years ago at cedar lake, probably one the best looking cars to ever hit the track IMO. Before that when he drove for Hamrick he had the superman emblem in the number.

If I heard the story right, back when he first started racing, he had a flat or got sent to the tail for something. He came back and won the race, whoever the announcer was at the track called him superman and has stuck with him ever since. The name wasn't just made up last year by any means.

Where did he get the nick name Superman ......
    Probably like most nicknames, he gave it to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Probably like most nicknames, he gave it to himself.
    Most nicknames come from an anouncer. Not themselves

Where did he get the nick name Superman He had one good season and i applaud that however had it not been for a good first 6 weeks this season he could very well be in the middle of the pack in the Lucas oil.I just dont get it you never seen Davenport apparel until about 1/2 way through last season and all of a sudden there are band wagon fans wearing his shirts and bragging how great he is lol give me a break this big train went down hill as fast as it went up last year lol Who he drives for next year better have alot of quarters and doors beacuse he is about as hard on a car as Pierce I hardly ever see either of them loading after a race that half the body is hanging off the thing.Let the games begin JMO
    99% of the late model drivers out there would of loved to have the season he had this year. That followed a season that 100% would of loved to have. Stop being a hater
    Last edited by cutman; 10-20-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Most nicknames come from an anouncer. Not themselves
    Eshelman came up with a bunch of them. I remember being at a race and Eshelman was even coming up with nicknames for the support division drivers.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Eshelman came up with a bunch of them. I remember being at a race and Eshelman was even coming up with nicknames for the support division drivers.
    IMO he's the best in the biz, just for that reason. He's always got some good one liners too.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    IMO he's the best in the biz, just for that reason. He's always got some good one liners too.
    I'm a big fan, too. I dig his laid back style.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I believe that the credit goes to Steve Hixson for the Superman moniker. I remember hearing that Steve was calling him the Blairsville Assassin or something like that at Cleveland Speedway and that someone told Steve that JD's mother or grandmother didn't like that nickname so Superman came about. I remember the silver 49 Rayburn back in 06 I think had a Superman "S" in his number.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I believe that the credit goes to Steve Hixson for the Superman moniker. I remember hearing that Steve was calling him the Blairsville Assassin or something like that at Cleveland Speedway and that someone told Steve that JD's mother or grandmother didn't like that nickname so Superman came about. I remember the silver 49 Rayburn back in 06 I think had a Superman "S" in his number.
    Was a great looking car...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Yeah thanks goes out to Big Steve. I always liked the Blairsville Assassin moniker myself.

Going to be big suprise come 2017

Regional driver taken national drivers $.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Superman car
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Going to be big suprise come 2017

Regional driver taken national drivers $.
    What regional driver?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

He has had that name a long time. And he has had a few pretty good years. Last year, with the lr stuff, yeah they smoked everyones a$$ pretty much. This year, they started out good, started running their chops, and then fell behind for the most part in the 6 car. He has been good in the 116, and him and the Rumley's are a great team. I just think this year has left a sour taste in their mouth, and costs a lot of money.

Lee Roy is getting up there in age, Kevin can make a lot of cash and be home most nights if not every night, and if they don't give JD an option, he'll get a ride. They are all still good at their craft, but if they don't stay together, so be it. Things change, life goes on. They'll all be ok.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What regional driver?
    Come on now, you know people can't say names here

What regional driver?
    Johnathan davenport he will not be touring next yr so he is a regional driver

He has had that name a long time. And he has had a few pretty good years. Last year, with the lr stuff, yeah they smoked everyones a$$ pretty much. This year, they started out good, started running their chops, and then fell behind for the most part in the 6 car. He has been good in the 116, and him and the Rumley's are a great team. I just think this year has left a sour taste in their mouth, and costs a lot of money.

Lee Roy is getting up there in age, Kevin can make a lot of cash and be home most nights if not every night, and if they don't give JD an option, he'll get a ride. They are all still good at their craft, but if they don't stay together, so be it. Things change, life goes on. They'll all be ok.

This is a true statement here. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Speaking of organ grinders I found this video of our recently departed O-- F-- working his new gig outside the gates at Black Sunshine Speedway... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2pPstLksg
    LMFAO LMFAO....Thats just funny right there
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    LMFAO LMFAO....Thats just funny right there
    Awwwwww.......wasn't SS's little black hat cute? lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I heard he bought one of those hand organs and will be playing it on the streets of GA. SS will be wearing the lil hat and vest collecting the money.
    AWWW!!! SS you look sooo cute.