Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    kevins crew been working on tracks before Tulsa was even thought off and what track is in canton
    Kevin was still racing when the Chili Bowl started you moron...

Why do you have such a hard on for the Gundakers? I've asked them myself about you and they just shake their heads and say you are embarrassing...

kevin's crew you dummy not kevin and your eye's are brown i 've known Kevin before he even started racing how about you what was his first car and who's car did buy from with crew chief answer that one you might find out why he bought tri city also

kevin's crew you dummy not kevin and your eye's are brown i 've known Kevin before he even started racing how about you what was his first car and who's car did buy from with crew chief answer that one you might find out why he bought tri city also
    Can you put these words in some sort of order?

I think you are trying to say something interesting.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

put down the bong

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Bubstr, one example of a great race track on top of concrete is Tulsa, Oklahoma in mid January. I've been to Tulsa for The Chili Bowl 5 times and the track was not just adequate but it was GREAT each an ever night. The Chili Bowl is a 5 night event and the track is very good every night. It can be done. That's why I suggest that the people running the St. Louis event contact the people who do the track prep for The Chili Bowl and get some pointers. It's obvious the boys out in Tulsa know how it's down.
    Ok, I've seen Tulsa on Video. For that time of year and race starved spectators, it was a great track. In the middle of summer it would be a OK track. First they race Outlaw Go Karts on it the week before and practice the first part of Chillie Bowl week, then race to Saturday. They farm the track about every race and keep it so you can pull a slider or mussel under on the inside. I don't remember any constant 3 wide with no advantage. They do a great job and give the fans a better than adequate track. Will Gateway do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post

I think you are trying to say something interesting.
    Not a chance of that being the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Ok, I've seen Tulsa on Video. For that time of year and race starved spectators, it was a great track. In the middle of summer it would be a OK track. First they race Outlaw Go Karts on it the week before and practice the first part of Chillie Bowl week, then race to Saturday. They farm the track about every race and keep it so you can pull a slider or mussel under on the inside. I don't remember any constant 3 wide with no advantage. They do a great job and give the fans a better than adequate track. Will Gateway do the same?
    Then you were watching the wrong video....

Just open up the 400 level seats for $25 a night and be done with it

Adequate track? It's consistently better that adequate. Tulsa is a great track for any time of year whether the race fans are race starved or not.

You've seen video of Tulsa? That must certainly give you the full view of the big picture. LOL!! You've only seen a fraction of the 5 nights and really don't have a grasp of what's going on there. If every outdoor track in the middle of the summer was as good as Tulsa in January there'd be no complaints about errant track prep at any of them.

They run 80 different cars all 4 prelim nights. That equates to 8 heat races and the alphabet races before the A-main. There is plenty of 3 wide racing throughout the program but if you think there will be 3 wide racing constantly through 8 heat races, C-mains and B-mains and the A-main you're expectations are totally unreasonable. Trust me, there is plenty of 3 wide and the boys run from the inside berm to the Jersey barrier walls.

Stewart and his guys work the track when it needs it and that usually works out to twice a night each of the 4 prelim nights. Remember there are on average 80 cars participating on the prelim nights. Saturday the racing begins at noon and the overall A-main usually isn't over until around 11 PM. Over 300 different cars will have raced on the track throughout the day and evening and some will have raced on it multiple times along with hot laps for those cars that are locked in from the prelim nights so some track prep is inevitable, wouldn't you say? But track prep dam sure doesn't take place after every race. Not sure what you were watching but it didn't consist of track prep following every race.

Again that's your opinion MENTAL MIDGET LOL

Adequate track? It's consistently better that adequate. Tulsa is a great track for any time of year whether the race fans are race starved or not.

You've seen video of Tulsa? That must certainly give you the full view of the big picture. LOL!! You've only seen a fraction of the 5 nights and really don't have a grasp of what's going on there. If every outdoor track in the middle of the summer was as good as Tulsa in January there'd be no complaints about errant track prep at any of them.

They run 80 different cars all 4 prelim nights. That equates to 8 heat races and the alphabet races before the A-main. There is plenty of 3 wide racing throughout the program but if you think there will be 3 wide racing constantly through 8 heat races, C-mains and B-mains and the A-main you're expectations are totally unreasonable. Trust me, there is plenty of 3 wide and the boys run from the inside berm to the Jersey barrier walls.

Stewart and his guys work the track when it needs it and that usually works out to twice a night each of the 4 prelim nights. Remember there are on average 80 cars participating on the prelim nights. Saturday the racing begins at noon and the overall A-main usually isn't over until around 11 PM. Over 300 different cars will have raced on the track throughout the day and evening and some will have raced on it multiple times along with hot laps for those cars that are locked in from the prelim nights so some track prep is inevitable, wouldn't you say? But track prep dam sure doesn't take place after every race. Not sure what you were watching but it didn't consist of track prep following every race.

You have been there, I haven't. You say great track, I say more than adequate. Either or, the question is whether Gateway will do the same. All I'm saying is, because of the ticket deal and lack of 11 years of experience, are they trustworthy? I hope they do it right for the guys that go, because it will be a expensive race to see. I just don't like the ticket scam, they either did or allowed to be done. Sell out and $200 tickets does not instill confidence in anything they do. We haven't seen 50,000 fans for a dirt race since Soldier field in the 50s. It's too bad we have people in this sport like that. That would take advantage of their customers.

You have been there, I haven't. You say great track, I say more than adequate. Either or, the question is whether Gateway will do the same. All I'm saying is, because of the ticket deal and lack of 11 years of experience, are they trustworthy? I hope they do it right for the guys that go, because it will be a expensive race to see. I just don't like the ticket scam, they either did or allowed to be done. Sell out and $200 tickets does not instill confidence in anything they do. We haven't seen 50,000 fans for a dirt race since Soldier field in the 50s. It's too bad we have people in this sport like that. That would take advantage of their customers.
    Fair enough.

I too, hope the track is sufficient to support good racing.

According to some other posters here the tickets are near sold out in the sections that are presently open to be sold. Ticket sales in additional sections could be forthcoming if that information is accurate.

We will wait until the week before the race and attempt to get tickets for Friday evening and then shoot over to Du Quoin for the Saturday night USAC show there. Really hope that all works out and the track is great.

those 200 tickets were StubHub or some group like that correct which is not part of gateway or Ticketmaster deal

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06005061E6A27044 the third party outfits will gouge you

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06005061E6A27044 the third party outfits will gouge you
    After reading your posts sometimes I know exactly how your head felt when it kissed the sidewalk.......Advil anyone?

you must be on the bong again go lay down

Fair enough.

I too, hope the track is sufficient to support good racing.

According to some other posters here the tickets are near sold out in the sections that are presently open to be sold. Ticket sales in additional sections could be forthcoming if that information is accurate.

We will wait until the week before the race and attempt to get tickets for Friday evening and then shoot over to Du Quoin for the Saturday night USAC show there. Really hope that all works out and the track is great.
    There are tens of thousands of tickets available (they will open up more sections, IF the ones that are opened up now ever actually sellout--doubtful).

you must be on the bong again go lay down
    You saying the ticket vendors will gouge you is like harbor freight makes crappy cheap stuff that works for a while.

Using that degree from obvious state university again I see.

And the bong??? Nope, not in one of those states.