Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well we got our tickets just waiting on December 17th should be a great show
    I am what I am

already quoted a guy $140 for all but went home and checked tickets and they are higher for Saturday than Friday but I'll stand by that if anybody interested...

cost myself $20 but o well

TackyTracker, just wanted to let you know that i sold my tickets so you have the green light to sell to Centreoff. I do believe that this will be a phenomenal event and I for one cannot wait. For all you fence sitters, you are missing one hell of a life. Good luck and God bless.

have to agree but still need to sell.. glad to hear you sold yours

I will take two of your tickets. Pm me please. Your inbox is full

I think a lot of people going to be real disappointed when this one is over too many variables for this to turn out good.

It's shaping up similar to the fiasco at Indy during the PRI show last year. I got burned on that deal and won't be fooled again. If it comes off without a problem that's great but after last year we won't take the chance.

We'll be going to Du Quoin that weekend for the Knepper 55 USAC show. That event is a can't miss great show and it doesn't cost anything to park and we have a very nice room locked in at $71.00 tax included at the Rend Lake Resort.

you would n't go to it any way , besides I still get head aches thinking about the midgets indoors

explain how its shaping up to be a fiasco indy was on a basketball court set up over night this thing is beset up real soon

sent you a PM T22

My biggest concern is the fumes

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    My biggest concern is the fumes
    WWMF, fumes have the potential to be a problem. At times the air quality was a bit unpleasant last year at the fiasco at Indy and in fact the action was halted more than once to allow the ventilation to bring the CO readings back down to levels deemed necessary and acceptable by the health department, or whatever agency oversees that sort of thing. It's a safe bet that air quality will be closely monitored for the St. Louis event, as well. It could become a problem and source of delay in the racing action. No one will know until the racing program begins.

I've been to 5 Chili Bowl events and the racing action has never been suspended due to high CO levels when I was in attendance. However, we're talking about a much larger building and over 30 years of experience in this regard. They have some huge fans running much of the time at The Chili Bowl.

Last March at the USAC National Midget event in the Southern Illinois Center at Du Quoin was the first time I ever experienced any discomfort due to fumes. Usually there is no noticable fumes. I've been to all but one midget racing event held in the SIC going back to the days when POWRi raced indoors during the Du Quoin State Fair and it's a bit of a mystery why it was worse last March. The car count was not sizably larger in March and the racing format was similar to past events. However, there was not a halt to the racing action as a result despite the noticeable difference.

Possibly the powers that be were/are a bit more lenient at Tulsa and Du Quoin than they were at Indy and will be at St. Louis. I have no knowledge either way in that regard.

I'd guess that there will be some discomfort from fumes at the St. Louis event. How severe will remain a mystery until hot laps begin.

St Louis is a lot bigger than any mentioned venue

No it's not. The actual sports arena area where the racing will take place isn't as big as the Tulsa Expo Center. The Expo Center is just a tick over 11 acres. The actual racetrack at Tulsa (1/4 mile) is a the length of a football field longer than the advertised 1/5 mile at the EDJ Dome. The Expo Center houses a 1/4 mile racetrack, seating for 15,000 spectators, a large trade show, concession area and pit area large enough for 340 cars and haulers.

I have been in the sports arenas of both the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans and the Edward Jones dome and they are comparable in size. The Louisiana Super dome is just over 6 acres, floor area and seating area combined. The Jones dome would not be substantially larger or smaller than the Superdome. Compare that to the full 11 acres of the Tulsa Expo Center and the area of the domes are substantially smaller.

Just show up and see me I'm from Missouri just show me
    I am what I am

Whether your meeting is large, small or somewhere in between, the America’s Center convention complex offers a unique combination of fl exible facilities and services for any event. In addition to 502,000 square feet of exhibit space, fi rst-class catering options, and easy access, St. Louis offers one stop shopping for meeting planners. Our professional staff includes the marketing, sales, services and facilities staff all under one roof. Literally. The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission manages and operates the America’s Center® convention complex, which includes six contiguous exhibit halls, 96 meeting rooms, the 67,277-seat Edward Jones Dome, 1,411-seat Ferrara Theatre, 28,000 square-foot ballroom and the IACC certifi ed St. Louis Executive Conference Center. One building, one staff, all under one roof. Just another way St. Louis brings your next great meeting all within reach. and your trying to tell me that track is as big farmercity fairbury or even highland lmao if you would look at the computer rendering of the dome race you see why its only a 1/5 mile if tusla was so great and grand don't you think the promoters would've went there instead of the dome oh wait dome seats 67000 and tulsa only seats 15000 per evening at that 340 midgets sorry to say not what you say full scale races you can get 4 even 5 midgets in 1 hauler don't think that is possible with mods or lates lmao

and why does the Tulsa have a super cross event st Louis does

Boomhauer, you're frothin' at the mouth and $hittin' your pants again. Happens every time you get excited about The Chili Bowl!! Bbbbbwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!

that would be you not me its just a midget race for midget brains

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    that would be you not me its just a midget race for midget brains
    You should be able to relate to midgets seein's how you're a mental midget! LOL!!