Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

no you are the one in love with midgets and by the way Charlotte is the place to get noticed in racing not Tulsa LOL

There ya' go again, frothin' at the mouth and $hittin' yourself again. LOLOL!!

missing maybe one time a event with biggest crowd ever to assemble for a dirt race for silly midget race in southern ill pathetic

We're almost guaranteed to see a better show with no support classes and for a lot less money and hassle.

Besides that the Du Quoin State Fairgrounds is decked out with a Christmas lights drive thru that is huge and is pretty cool which the wife really enjoys.

I've just got a funny feeling that this St. Louis deal will be a short lived event. Maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong many times before and if I am I'll probably attend it somewhere down the line but after what happened at Indy last year we're a little skeptical of first time indoor events. I remember all too well the indoor USAC midget event at the old Houston Astrodome and the late model event inside the Silver Dome in Pontiac, Michigan. Those deals didn't last long, and for good reason.

At least for his year, Du Quoin is a sure thing.
    Last edited by CIRF; 10-31-2016 at 08:40 PM.

And you are wrong again by the way promotor made big money at gateway
    Last edited by calverton; 10-31-2016 at 10:09 AM.

What is wrong with support ole clueless one

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    What is wrong with support ole clueless one
    Calverton , oh calverton.............we still hear your big mouth blowin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

sent a few guys PM that seemed interested and haven't heard anything back....

still available

We will be going to the Dome on Friday and then head to DuQuoin on Saturday.

This may have been asked already but is there going to be a pay-per-view for this event?
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Yes, via DOD.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDeepInTheFluff View Post
    We will be going to the Dome on Friday and then head to DuQuoin on Saturday.
    Sounds like a plan!!

We might do the same thing FourDeep. Go to the races at St. Louis Friday night and drive to Du Quoin after the races, stay the night there and go to Du Quoin Saturday night. Only thing we'll get gouged for is parking Friday night.

Good luck seats are scarce for st Louis event

He can just buy a pit pass...

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    He can just buy a pit pass...
    Tickets are available, but the pit pass deal would work, too.

That is not even remotely true. They will open up more sections, IF the ones that are currently opened up ever get filled.

you do realize that there multiple companies selling tickets

you do realize that there multiple companies selling tickets
    Having tickets to sell and selling them are completely different........all of this sell out talk and what not has not helped their cause in creating excitement.

People aren't stupid........present company excluded of course.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

sold mine and didn't really have a big issue getting rid of them and would have absolutely went if not for other obligation..

hope the event is huge and happens next year..
    what I don't understand is all the negative people trying to bash this thing..

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    hope the event is huge and happens next year..
    what I don't understand is all the negative people trying to bash this thing..
    Tacky, in speaking for myself only, please don't misconstrue what I say as bashing. I'm sure you can understand a viewpoint of someone who got sucked in and burned just a short 11 months ago over at Indy for the invitational thing they did over there. Even the deal at Kemper Arena several years ago was an expensive dud. It was a sizable monetary commitment to attend those two fiasco's. All that is still fresh in our memory. There are no assurances that the deal in St. Louis will be anymore entertaining than the Kemper and Indy fiasco's but rest assured that the financial commitment to attend the St. Louis deal will be comparable.

For those reasons, and a few more, we'll be attending what has always been a sure thing throughout the years over in Du Quoin at the USAC National Midget show in the Southern Illinois Center, and the financial commitment will be significantly less. Probably less than 1/2. If the St. Louis event turns out to be a hit we'll definitely be attending if it continues beyond this year but the burn of the Indy deal is still a bit touchy at this point.

I have heard that the same people who were behind the Indy thing are also involved with the St. Louis deal. Just one more reason to beware.