Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best concert you've been to?

Bored to death at the moment and i figured I'd break up the political and racing bs. What was the best concert you've been to? One of my favorites was seeing Five Finger Death Punch/Papa Roach.
    Bloomer and Five Finger Death Punch fan. Honestly, I'm pretty awesome.

Led Zeppelin 1973 San Francisco

It's a tie between David Gilmour just this past April and the Eagles, who were backed up by Linda Ronstadt at Washington Park racetrack in chitcago way back in the day. The two shows were very different but equally entertaining in their own way.

Just saw Get The Led Out at Red Rocks. Great Led Zeppelin tribute band out of Philadelphia. But that venue, Oh My!!! If you get the chance to see anyone out there in Denver, GO. The acoustics, the setting, the beautiful everything about that place is so worth climbing stairs and sucking air at 6400 feet. Jimmy Buffet just played it and they did it live on Margaritaville TV. GREAT SHOW. This is Red Rocks 75th Anniversary so they are doing something right.

For me it's a tie between my first Slipknot concert and an A7X/Disturbed concert.

The most memorable one would be Stevie Ray Vaughan & Eric Clapton @ Alpine Valley in 1990. It was SRV last concert. Never forget it.
    8/13/16

Been to a lot of shows the past 2 years. Tough to choose between Slipknot back home in D.M this year or Disturbed/Chevelle/Nothing More in D.M also. Where did you see ffdp/papa roach at? I seen them in Cedar Rapids last year.

Grateful Dead
    William and Mary College
    September 11 1973
    https://archive.org/details/gd73-09-...184.sbeok.shnf

I really liked Queensryche at a club I saw them at when it was still the original lineup. They were awesome in that small venue.

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
    Just saw Get The Led Out at Red Rocks. Great Led Zeppelin tribute band out of Philadelphia. But that venue, Oh My!!! If you get the chance to see anyone out there in Denver, GO. The acoustics, the setting, the beautiful everything about that place is so worth climbing stairs and sucking air at 6400 feet. Jimmy Buffet just played it and they did it live on Margaritaville TV. GREAT SHOW. This is Red Rocks 75th Anniversary so they are doing something right.
    I won tickets/airfare/hotel from a radio station to see Crosby Stills and Nash at Red Rocks. The concert wasn't that memorable, but like you said, the setting was great. I've been back there since for hiking. There are some nice trails going out of the parking lot you can use on non-concert days.

This is a tough one, but I'm just going to go off my most memorable (for different reasons) and rank them 1-5

1. Garth Brooks - 2016, Wells Fargo Arena, DesMoines (by FAR the best "show" I have ever seen at a concert). Guy controls the room with his presence even though the room holds 16,000

2. Guns N Roses (1993) - opening act was Brian May (Queen) - Carver Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA - 5 hours of non-stop awesome music and a great show. Both bands sounded as good or better live then they did on tape/CD

3. Guns N Roses (2016) - Soldier Field, Chicago - Original members Slash, Duff and Axl along with the new guys put on one hell of a show and they sounded amazing on top of it.

4. ACDC (2013?) - Wells Fargo Arena, DesMoines - they still have "it" whatever "it" is and put on the LOUDEST concert I've ever attended, and everyone knew every song

5. George Strait (2014) - Wells Fargo Arena, DesMoines - The Cowboy rides away and plays nearly 3 hours. Guy may not be flashy, but just standing there and singing is a show in itself.

Countless others through the years including Metallica, The Charlie Daniels Band, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Alan Jackson, Kacey Musgraves, and countless other rock, country and alternative bands. Those 5 really stand out to me and outside of #1 on my list, the others are all fairly close and #'s could interchange easily.

Never seen Garth Brooks but to be able to play 6-7 shows and sell them out at Wells Fargo in the same weekend was crazy. Would really like to see GNR. Would have like to have seen axl with ACDC just to say I seen it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    Never seen Garth Brooks but to be able to play 6-7 shows and sell them out at Wells Fargo in the same weekend was crazy. Would really like to see GNR. Would have like to have seen axl with ACDC just to say I seen it. Lol
    Garth Brooks put on probably the best show I've ever seen. Played requests from the audience and even sent the band back during one of the encores because he wasn't done with requests before they closed down the show.

GNR was great both times I saw them, but totally different experiences. First time they didn't take the stage until 11:30 (2 hours after Brian May completed his 1 1/2 hour set), 2nd time they took the stage 15 minutes earlier than announced and played 30 extra minutes on top of it. You could tell that they had changed their attitudes toward playing live and actually respected the audience for paying their hard earned $$. Ticket prices were totally different too, think I paid $25 (included all fees) to be on the floor to see them the 1st time, last time around was about $200 and got some of the cheaper tickets available.

First time I got to see Iron Maiden, it was in Denver this year@ the Pepsi Center and also seen Megadeth in Sioux Falls SD this year. Both awesome shows!
    Last edited by cmmg42; 10-26-2016 at 09:53 AM.

By far it was Metallica, Lamb of God and Gojira at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Va.

Rush/primus......small venue in Columbia sc.......was incredible.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thumbs up

Lynyrd Skynyrd (Original Lineup) with The Outlaws and Nazareth, at the old Carolina Colosseum in Columbia, S.C. back in '75 or '76. (My first concert)
    Last edited by Slideways; 10-25-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    By far it was Metallica, Lamb of God and Gojira at the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Va.
    Friend of mine in the Air Force saw them at the Tokyo Dome in the 90's. Said they were great there as well.

@ 93Nelson, yep seen them in Cedar Rapids. Lots of cool responses guys.
    Bloomer and Five Finger Death Punch fan. Honestly, I'm pretty awesome.

That's funny, what's the chances of being at the same show. Lol