Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

the team that finished 2nd in UMP buillt his own car family built built motor, lost the championship on the last weekend of racing

Again being a OWM neophyte, do the purses warrant drivers being full time racers? I am familar with names like Gustin, Sanders, Hughes, Thorton, Strickler & Hoffman, etc. but was not sure if they are full time racers or not?
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-27-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Rusty mod alway will knock ump its in his blood
    perhaps. however you Lite Inn always kiss UMP's backside. Too bad you have nothing invested in the sport other than the PC you use to type on 4m.

Besides that you cannot factually argue against anything I posted on UMP its all true and exactly what racers at the track are facing and complaining about.
    Last edited by rustymod; 10-27-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I know your primary goal is to put down ump.

But IMCA and USRA are sanctions and they don't tech cars, tech is done at the track level and some tracks do more than others, for the most part at both IMCA and USRA rolling across the scales and checking of the msd chip visually or dial is about all youll see. And of course they might glance at your tires. There are of course a few over achiever tech men here and there, but they are very few and far between.

As car counts drop, TECH also decreases, local tracks don't want to dq a driver and have suspend him and lose that car for xxx weeks as well as his buddies or others who were cheat the same way or more because now they fear being caught.
    So what you want but IMCA and USRA do push on local tracks to do tech. UMP does not, since you run IMCA I suspect you have not been to a weekly UMP track where no one looks at anything. At least at a local level IMCA will tech. Are you saying you are not teched with IMCA ??

Have you been to Ump track lately
    Last edited by calverton; 10-27-2016 at 01:18 PM.

I have been to two of three last season and what I saw was local tech before and after the race at a MN IMCA track. On the UMP side they checked the belts and look quickly at back of car. I went to a USRA race to watch only and saw measurement of the front end inspection of the components. I have not seen this at UMP tracks ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    So what you want but IMCA and USRA do push on local tracks to do tech. UMP does not, since you run IMCA I suspect you have not been to a weekly UMP track where no one looks at anything. At least at a local level IMCA will tech. Are you saying you are not teched with IMCA ??
    I don't race any more sold out this year.

I was clear in what I said about IMCA and USRA.

And yes I have been at Ump tracks back when I ran stock car specials all over and they teched about the same as usra and IMCA, looked at tires, looked at 2 barrel carb and rolled across scales.

IMCA modified turnkey NEW best of the best 36-42,000
    USMTS modified turnkey NEW 65-75k for average, more money for best of the best
    I don't think there's quite that big of a spread between USRA and IMCA. We run USRA mods and for a brand new MB, which I would consider the best of the best right now, they're 25,000 rolling with shocks. By the time you add tranny, pumps, etc, you'd prolly be at 30-32k. Add a Mullins or Pro Power Spec Engine for 20k? I'd say race ready 50-55k.

In IMCA the only differences I see is the reverse mount pumps, tubular lowers, aluminum calipers, and engine. A top of the line 604 from Hendren or Friesen is around 10k? Race ready you'd have to be around 40k.

UMP is another story.

Long built his own car family built motor, just because you have top notch equipment won't make a winner many years exp and talent will win in any sanction

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Again being a OWM neophyte, do the purses warrant drivers being full time racers? I am familar with names like Gustin, Sanders, Hughes, Thorton, Strickler & Hoffman, etc. but was not sure if they are full time racers or not?
    i would probably say they are as close to "full time" as you can get on this level. There's financial banking that is helping these guys along too. Whether it's a team owner and/or sponsors, family etc. I'm not saying there's something wrong with that. Just saying you probably couldn't make it just off the purse.

Every year IMCA officials visit each of the IMCA tracks, I'm assuming In their region, to inspect the cars for thier sake, to make sure the actual IMCA official is doing it correct and to get driver input on any possible changes for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Every year IMCA officials visit each of the IMCA tracks, I'm assuming In their region, to inspect the cars for thier sake, to make sure the actual IMCA official is doing it correct and to get driver input on any possible changes for the future.
    exactly, IMCA does show up and they do push for tech at the local level heck even AMRA pushes for a local tech person that follows there rules. This does not happen in UMP at the modified level. It happens much more often in USRA and IMCA. To say otherwise means one of two things...One you go to the one or two UMP tracks where the track actually care enough to do there own tech or TWO you dont go to enough UMP tracks to see whats really going on.

Sam will send out a couple of emails to alert everyone about a race thats coming up and thats all. Its run what ya brung UMP style.

Lite Inn you keep typing about home built motors and cars how cheap it is with good skills to build your own car and compete, so why arent you doing it ?

Most winning at IN tracks are running Rhyne power engines at 15k or more to be able to compete Sure you may have some bright spots where a few can build there own engines but that is the exception and not the rule. Most are on Bull Power, Rhyne or other big money engine to keep up.

Wow, that is not true, If you were a IMCA member and read guys columns you would know that not all tracks are visited by IMCA. There are only 11 total IMCA employees, in columns its been mentioned its been xxx years since I attended a event etc. Many times.

Tom G who lives 20 minutes from me hits some tracks usually within driving distance. Brett, Kirk etc hit some but its laughable that you think they are as organized as you claim. They don't even have national rules like they claim, being in Michigan you should know that. You have tracks up there with a claim still and that never got a spoiler on the crate etc.

Not sure why this thread got so de railed, the guy asked the differences. None of the classes are cheap to race with the best stuff and run up front at the big specials.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 10-28-2016 at 10:59 AM.

You been at the bad tracks I know tracks that dropped Ump b mod class that is

Wow, that is not true, If you were a IMCA member and read guys columns you would know that not all tracks are visited by IMCA. There are only 11 total IMCA employees, in columns its been mentioned its been xxx years since I attended a event etc. Many times.

Tom G who lives 20 minutes from me hits some tracks usually within driving distance. Brett, Kirk etc hit some but its laughable that you think they are as organized as you claim. They don't even have national rules like they claim, being in Michigan you should know that. You have tracks up there with a claim still and that never got a spoiler on the crate etc.

Not sure why this thread got so de railed, the guy asked the differences. None of the classes are cheap to race with the best stuff and run up front at the big specials.
    They come to MI every season. Usually in a truck pulling a small enclosed trailer with a golf cart in it. IMCA stickers on the truck and trailer. They're dressed in IMCA officials clothing and have New York plates. I've seen them working alongside the track IMCA official during pre race and post race inspections.

Drivers wanted the claim. When they went to the engine swap, the drivers requested to stay with the straight up claim and IMCA said yes. Before Tri- City opened. Crystal was getting close to 40 mods a week. Highest weekly average in the country for 2-3 yrs straight. I believe both tracks still get around 30 a week and I96 went back to IMCA this past season and was getting about 20.
    Last edited by MI Dirt Fan; 10-28-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Claims causes big problems

They come to MI every season. Usually in a truck pulling a small enclosed trailer with a golf cart in it. IMCA stickers on the truck and trailer. They're dressed in IMCA officials clothing and have New York plates. I've seen them working alongside the track IMCA official during pre race and post race inspections.

Drivers wanted the claim. When they went to the engine swap, the drivers requested to stay with the straight up claim and IMCA said yes. Before Tri- City opened. Crystal was getting close to 40 mods a week. Highest weekly average in the country for 2-3 yrs straight. I believe both tracks still get around 30 a week and I96 went back to IMCA this past season and was getting about 20.
    Like I said, they don't have national rules like they claim.. I guess its easy to let a area have a voice if there are only 2 or 3 tracks. There are 60 approx. within 5 hours of my house.

if UMP doesn't tech how di that law suit come about , and why did tracks drop Ump last year in the b mods answer they were teching hard and finding thinks that weren't in the rule book

ump track tonight 25 Late Models 31 Modifieds 41 B Mods 15 Street Stocks 12 Pro 4s on hand.