Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Claims causes big problems
    You with multiple user names causes problems

ump track tonight 25 Late Models 31 Modifieds 41 B Mods 15 Street Stocks 12 Pro 4s on hand.
    And your point?

I race at IMCA tracks. It's really a hit and miss on tech from the track tech guy. There was one year the never pulled the hood off my car. Just walked around and looked at tires and shined a flash light around. Now if a IMCA employed tech guy like Tom or Kirk was there, totally different story. It depends on the track though, some tech more than others.

i know of a few cars that run ump that are running alum. motors, then there are those that are running cheater tires, some have 10" wide rims, and seen a couple of cars with alum. rims. now this isn't at just one track but i've been to the pits at lots of mod races over the years and its amazing if you pay close attention to the cars what you will see. unless your in nascar tech is only a four letter word out here in the dirt world.

Quote Originally Posted by mi dirt fan View Post
    and your point?
    no point just the facts and yes they tech

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    i know of a few cars that run ump that are running alum. Motors, then there are those that are running cheater tires, some have 10" wide rims, and seen a couple of cars with alum. Rims. Now this isn't at just one track but i've been to the pits at lots of mod races over the years and its amazing if you pay close attention to the cars what you will see. Unless your in nascar tech is only a four letter word out here in the dirt world.
    really did them good didn't it did they win a championship nope

no point just the facts and yes they tech
    How many other tracks near by this "mystery" track were also open

What is your point very few cars where outside the area or strangers
    Last edited by calverton; 10-29-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Point is, you can't answer my question

Quote Originally Posted by hipower17 View Post
    i know of a few cars that run ump that are running alum. motors, then there are those that are running cheater tires, some have 10" wide rims, and seen a couple of cars with alum. rims. now this isn't at just one track but i've been to the pits at lots of mod races over the years and its amazing if you pay close attention to the cars what you will see. unless your in nascar tech is only a four letter word out here in the dirt world.
    This is the norm at most UMP tracks

coming from a guy that went to 2 races last year and I would say for a show in late October that's not a bad car count , pretty close to car count all year long b mod weren't ump those because to much tech that's one class that need some help , the way read the article from Kenny Walled the man from the mountain in speedway ill its not how much you spent but how much effort you put in the program

coming from a guy that went to 2 races last year and I would say for a show in late October that's not a bad car count , pretty close to car count all year long b mod weren't ump those because to much tech that's one class that need some help , the way read the article from Kenny Walled the man from the mountain in speedway ill its not how much you spent but how much effort you put in the program
    Who in this thread is asking about UMP car counts ??? Lite Inn you keep mentioning car counts, this has ZERO to do with the simple fact that UMP does not tech cars. Thats is simple you can keep crowing about car counts but that does not change the facts. On top of all of this UMP is not doing anything for the class. If its so cheap and easy to run UMP then why arent you building a car ? you can post all the articles you want in UMP you need a 15k motor to compete and thats the truth anything else is a lie.

bull crap they do tech cars if you would show up you would see they do and who said it was cheap go hornet racing whoops scratch most of hornet drivers went bmod racing try getting a fullt dressed crate mote said crate motor for much less then that in fact tracks are dropping ump in the B mods because they are over teching thats right over teching

bull crap they do tech cars if you would show up you would see they do and who said it was cheap go hornet racing whoops scratch most of hornet drivers went bmod racing try getting a fullt dressed crate mote said crate motor for much less then that in fact tracks are dropping ump in the B mods because they are over teching thats right over teching
    yeah yeah lite inn everyone on this board knows that at the two tracks you go watch at the car counts are highest in the land and UMP techs every car. Too bad is not like that at most UMP tracks. You are clueless however on the money it takes to build a competitive engine in UMP. If its so cheap to do then why are sitting in the stands ?

2 tracks try 6 tracks with region tell that to MR LONG or MR HARRISON neither ran the high dollar xyz motors and only 1 ans 2 in points so try again besides you still have to hook it up and know how to drive

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    yeah yeah lite inn everyone on this board knows that at the two tracks you go watch at the car counts are highest in the land and UMP techs every car. Too bad is not like that at most UMP tracks. You are clueless however on the money it takes to build a competitive engine in UMP. If its so cheap to do then why are sitting in the stands ?
    why am I SETTING THE IN STANDS MAYBE 60 YEAR OF AGE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO WITH IT

why am I SETTING THE IN STANDS MAYBE 60 YEAR OF AGE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO WITH IT
    thanks for answering your own question. Sitting in the stands for 60 years does not make you an authority of the costs or running in class. Try going out and buying a UMP mod motor that will compete from any Major builder, Mullins, Bull Power, Rhyne, and you will soon discover that this land of make believe you type about on 4m is nonsense. Clearly the stands is exactly where you belong. You are certainly an expert on buying hotdogs, sodas etc. All of those you have been buying. When's the last time you paid for a UMP mod engine ? Those writing the checks for these kinds of engines will tell you that its in line with 15k.

I would say 15k is on the low end for a UMP engine. As for the b-mod class UMP is not over-teching, that's hilarious though. UMP is going to ruin the class is what they're doing! I ran it and have since switched to USRA due to their stupidity, they're phasing out all motors except the crates and have a terrible set of rules, that is why Fayette County and Highland dropped the sanction! Guys quit going to I-55 because they told them they couldn't run chain limiters at all on the rear end over HALFWAY thru the year! And all a chain is doing is saving your shocks by limiting travel, especially on an over-slung car. Took them that long to tech something that can be seen at a glance! So much for your over-teching theory! UMP is doing nothing but screwing the pooch on that deal. They need to open their eyes and put some thought into their rulebook and actually start teching. It's all about their pocketbooks, kickbacks from GM for crates, kickbacks on their shock rules, it never ends! How many tracks are there for UMP B-Mods now? 5 is pretty close! What a joke.

You switched because you live in mid Mo don t you

Yes I live in mid-mo, we are dead center between UMP and USRA country, we switched because the b-mod rules weren't the same anywhere you go in UMP country. USRA we can go to any track that they sanction and the rules are 100% the same, no matter what class, no exceptions. The tire rules don't deviate depending what track you go to, its just overall a much better ran deal than UMP by a landslide.