Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2017 Lucas and Woo rookies

I know it is early, but has anyone heard or have any guesses on what rookies will be following either tour next year? I know this year Lucas only had 1, would love to see guys like Sanders, Alberson, Thornton Jr run full time on a tour just to see what they could do.

Seeing as how the provisionals worked out so good for Flinner, I would imagine that would be pretty attractive to some of those guys. Unless there is something brewing I don't know about, I don't see Sanders pursuing either, same with Alberson. I don't know enough about the Thornton team to speculate.

I don't have any insight on this but I would love to see Jared Hawkins run a tour in that Hudkins ride.

Thumbs up

Wouldn't surprise me to see Satterlee & Zeigler eventually give it a shot on either tour.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Id like to see Moran run. Maybe Marlar too
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens coming out of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens coming out of Florida.
    Looks like you will
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Id like to see Moran run. Maybe Marlar too
    Forget marlar unless his work schedule changes hes a hit and miss.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Looks like you will
    I know I will. So what's your point.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I know I will. So what's your point.
    Its on the top of his head...lol...its so sharp he has to be careful not to jump indoors..he'll get stuck to the ceiling...lmfao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Side show at the carnival. Kids try to throw and land rings on his head.

Only Southern guy I can possibly come up with is Austin Smith. Runs a Capital and can travel woo with Clanton. Maybe? U know Joey Coulter did it!

Zac51 posted about provisionals for flinner you have to remember he didnt get any starting money unless he finished higher in the race than what the starting money was for that race so he didnt make much money but for who might run for r.o.y im thinking gavin landers or maybe nick hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I don't have any insight on this but I would love to see Jared Hawkins run a tour in that Hudkins ride.
    That could happen.... all they need is to switch motor programs and it could happen. He had like 5 motors built by custom blow in a month span, didn't even get to race really because of it. All they did was hit the Lucas shows since Jared has been in the car and he has the ability to run a series and Hudkins seems like he wants to race. I have said it before, give Jared a year on a national tour and he will turn heads like he started to do in his last year with Bobby Lake.

I could see Pierce trying the WoO tour. I think the style of racing, competition, and tire rule fits their program better than Lucas. I could also see Satterlee jumping out on the Lucas tour. I expect Lucas to be a bit down and WoO on the rise. They'll more than likely lose JD so they're at 10 full-time guys (excluding Flinner), and who knows what's going on at CBR, Lucas really needs some more young talent. Two guys that I can see possibly giving it a thought but probably not riding the whole deal out are Devin Moran and Chris Simpson. I think with the financial support Devin could do the whole deal, maybe with BWRC they could make it happen. Chris probably needs to get his feet wet a little more before I could see him completing the whole thing but he's got the talent and equipment to do it. JMO!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    Zac51 posted about provisionals for flinner you have to remember he didnt get any starting money unless he finished higher in the race than what the starting money was for that race so he didnt make much money but for who might run for r.o.y im thinking gavin landers or maybe nick hoffman
    Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.
    Yeah Gavin needs more seat time maybe run a smaller series to get his feet wet

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    Only Southern guy I can possibly come up with is Austin Smith. Runs a Capital and can travel woo with Clanton. Maybe? U know Joey Coulter did it!
    Chris Ferguson or maybe a crate racer like Cory Hedgec0ck

You would be only partially correct. If Flinner took a regular provisional he got paid the full purse for wherever he finished. If he took an emergency provisional he was paid for where he finished minus start money.

Unless you have corporate sponsors that need the "national" visibility, I'm just not sure that the full scale touring series make much sense to 95% percent of the teams out there. People give Pierce a hard time for running some lower paying races but it doesn't take a genius to figure out winning a $5,000 race is better than running 3rd, 4th, or 5th at a regular WOO/Lucas event, and probably less wear and tear on your stuff. Sure, the glamour of WOO/Lucas is probably exciting for any driver but I just don't see how it can make sense for most of the guys we sit around and talk about "they should do this and they should do that". And as an earlier poster stated, Lucas definitely needs some younger talent. Other than Sheppard, they are all over 30 (I'm not counting Flinner). Take out JD and Landers, they are all over 40. Which is fine, but at some point there has to be some fresh blood getting on the tour bus.