Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    That could happen.... all they need is to switch motor programs and it could happen. He had like 5 motors built by custom blow in a month span, didn't even get to race really because of it. All they did was hit the Lucas shows since Jared has been in the car and he has the ability to run a series and Hudkins seems like he wants to race. I have said it before, give Jared a year on a national tour and he will turn heads like he started to do in his last year with Bobby Lake.
    Were they using the same oil pump the whole time? (sarcasm) But seriously, did they really blow 5 in a row? What was causing the failures? 1 or 2, sure, bad luck. But 5?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Gavin Landers is light years away from being ready for a national tour.
    I'll second that, Gavin has had the silver spoon for years and has yet to make any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Were they using the same oil pump the whole time? (sarcasm) But seriously, did they really blow 5 in a row? What was causing the failures? 1 or 2, sure, bad luck. But 5?
    That's for sure. 1 is somewhat feasible, after two I'd be questioning some of the products we're using

really don't see Bobby changing and running either series

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    That has gotta be on Hudkins end, not Customs.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    I could see Pierce trying the WoO tour. I think the style of racing, competition, and tire rule fits their program better than Lucas. I could also see Satterlee jumping out on the Lucas tour. I expect Lucas to be a bit down and WoO on the rise. They'll more than likely lose JD so they're at 10 full-time guys (excluding Flinner), and who knows what's going on at CBR, Lucas really needs some more young talent. Two guys that I can see possibly giving it a thought but probably not riding the whole deal out are Devin Moran and Chris Simpson. I think with the financial support Devin could do the whole deal, maybe with BWRC they could make it happen. Chris probably needs to get his feet wet a little more before I could see him completing the whole thing but he's got the talent and equipment to do it. JMO!
    Neither Devin nor Pierce because of the funding. Though with the World 100, and N/S, maybe Bobby picks up some cash to do a tour. Though with the truck thing, and the success he has running the schedule he is, I don't think I'd run a tour. Devin, not as successful nationally, but same deal. Personally, too much money in both their regions imo to run all over the country and not make more money more than likely.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Jared didn't nuke an engine at Lawrenceburg, if thats one of the times you fellers are referring too. He got hot that night and busted a radiator hose. Florence they had valve train issues. I don't know about the rest.

I'd love to see Moran do it too. His old man isn't going to let anyone else touch that car other than the ones that are there now, and I don't blame him. The funding is going to have to come elsewhere for that happen.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-25-2016 at 05:54 PM.

tough decision to join a tour unless you have access to big $$$, although I would love to see some of the names mentioned give it a try..

outlaw (what some want to call "cherry picking") schedule make the most financial sense for 99% of racers.

jmo.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Chris Ferguson or maybe a crate racer like Cory Hedgec0ck
    Doubt the Hedgec0ck family is interested in a super series, they have done well with Nesmith and have an engine shop that stays busy.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Unless you have corporate sponsors that need the "national" visibility, I'm just not sure that the full scale touring series make much sense to 95% percent of the teams out there. People give Pierce a hard time for running some lower paying races but it doesn't take a genius to figure out winning a $5,000 race is better than running 3rd, 4th, or 5th at a regular WOO/Lucas event, and probably less wear and tear on your stuff. Sure, the glamour of WOO/Lucas is probably exciting for any driver but I just don't see how it can make sense for most of the guys we sit around and talk about "they should do this and they should do that". And as an earlier poster stated, Lucas definitely needs some younger talent. Other than Sheppard, they are all over 30 (I'm not counting Flinner). Take out JD and Landers, they are all over 40. Which is fine, but at some point there has to be some fresh blood getting on the tour bus.
    Well said Zach. Another thing is the empty note books for all the new tracks. This is probably one of the most important things missing for most new tour guys. Not having experience or base lines is hard to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    That has gotta be on Hudkins end, not Customs.
    Jimmy O has blown a few also.....