Default Jackson Motor Speedway

We are thinking of going to this race from Nashville. We were curious about car count, or drivers coming to this race. How is the racing there? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't know much about it, but go to midsouthforums.com and ask. That's Shelton's boards and geared specifically for that region.

I am not trying to discourage you from going to Jackson, but from Nashville, Phenix City for the National 100 would be about the same drive or closer and have many more heavy hitters (bloomquist, owens, madden, etc).

Yeah but at jackson they will be actually having to race.. its a elbows up joint..

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I am not trying to discourage you from going to Jackson, but from Nashville, Phenix City for the National 100 would be about the same drive or closer and have many more heavy hitters (bloomquist, owens, madden, etc).
    Could do both.

Jackson is not Knoxville or anything in terms of being racey. However, its never a one laned racetrack. I race there quite a bit. It has a tendency to get dusty at times in the heat of the summer but I don't see that being an issue with the cooler temperatures. It is typically smooth. It is a paperclip (tighter corners with fairly long straightaways for its size). It never rubbers nor does it have a one lane bottom or one lane cushion. The top is usually on edge because there isn't much of a cushion but many races are still won rolling the top if you get on the wheel and stay smooth. The bottom is equally as competetive rolling slow around the tires. It smooth and not abrasive or hard on tires at all. I expect 25 or so cars with most being MS States series competitors and maybe a few guys from Louisiana and Arkansas. Hope this helps