For Immediate Release
October 25, 2016

Riley Hickman Claims Unprecedented, Fourth-Straight SAS Title

Cleveland, Tennessee (10/25/16) – On Saturday night Riley Hickman put the wraps on his unprecedented fourth-straight Southern All Star (SAS) Dirt Racing Series title in his Hickman Manufacturing #R1 CVR Super Late Model.
Hickman joins Clint Smith as the only other four-time series champion.

Taking part in the NASCAR Weekend doubleheader, Riley Hickman made the trek to Talladega Short Track (Eastaboga, Alabama) on Friday night, where he took part in both the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series event and the $2,000-to-win, unsanctioned Super Late Model event.

Competing against a field of 50 NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series entries, Hickman landed a 5th-place finish in the opening night A-Main, trailing Cory Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), Ronnie Johnson, Jason Hiett, and Jake Knowles across the finish line.

The Super Late Model division would not be as kind to Hickman as a part failure relegated him to a 16th-place finish on Friday night.

Returning on Saturday to compete in both his Crate and Super Late Model, Hickman laid down the fastest time in a field of 46 Crate Late Models, putting him on the pole for the NeSmith Dirt Late Model Series A-Main. Losing a right-front tire on lap 30, Riley fell back to a 19th-place finish in the 50-lapper.

In the Super Late Model division, Riley registered the fastest time again in a field of 42 Super Late Models, securing his spot in the main event. Battling for a $4,000 payday in the feature, Riley Hickman notched a 3rd-place finish behind Derek Ellis and Michael Page with Jonathan Davenport and Todd Morrow rounding out the Top 5. His finish allowed him to become the SAS champion for the fourth year in a row.

“It was definitely an up-and-down weekend for us at Talladega, but I’m proud to claim another Southern All Star title,” noted Hickman. “I want to thank Brad [Carvin] for always busting his tail to keep my cars ready. I also want to thank my family and my sponsors for always standing behind me.”

Complete results from these events can be found at www.NeSmithRacing.com and www.SASDirt.com .

Up next for Hickman Motorsports is a trip to the Dirt Track at Charlotte (Concord, North Carolina) for this weekend’s 10th annual Bad Boy Off-Road World Finals. Two rounds of qualifying will be staged on Thursday evening, while Friday and Saturday will see $12,000-to-win events held at the state-of-the-art, 3/8-mile oval. For more information on the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series event, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Riley Hickman would like to thank all of his sponsors including Hickman Manufacturing Company, American Billet, RH Designs, CVR Race Cars, Austin Trucking, A-1 Towing and Recovery, Competition Racing Equipment, MRC Racing Components, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Performance Masters Inc., All-Star Graphix, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Hoosier Racing Tires, JRI Shocks, VP Race Fuels, Comp Cams, Weld Wheels, FSR Racing Products, Design 500, Fel-Pro, KRC Power Steering, Wiles Racing Drive Shafts, Old Man’s Garage, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Riley Hickman, please visit www.RileyHickman.com .