For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
October 25, 2016

Johnny Pursley Claims Carolina Clash Title; World Finals Next

Clover, South Carolina (10/25/16) – Johnny Pursley officially claimed the 2016 Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series title over the weekend in his Pursley Grading #09 Longhorn Chassis / Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“This was truly a great year for our team, and to finally claim our first Carolina Clash championship really means a lot,” said Pursley. “I want to thank Farmers Service Center, Shocks by Ralph, Longhorn Race Cars, Clements Racing Engines, Robbie Jordan, and all of my great sponsors.”

He concluded by commenting, “I especially want to thank my dad, my wife, my kids, and my crew for their unwavering support of my racing. This championship was a total group effort by so many people.”

Competing in the final race of the Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series season, Johnny Pursley traveled to Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, South Carolina) on Sunday for the annual running of the Blue-Gray 100. After recording the 2nd-fastest time overall behind Chris Ferguson, Pursley landed a runner-up finish behind Don O’Neal in his heat race, which locked him into the main event. Rolling off 5th for the $10,000-to-win A-Main, Johnny ultimately crossed the finish line in the 7th position in the 100-lap affair.

With the Top-10 finish Johnny captured his first career Carolina Clash points championship. Full results from this event as well as the final standings are available at www.CarolinaClash.com .

This weekend, October 27-29 Johnny will make the trip to the Dirt Track at Charlotte (Concord, North Carolina) to compete in the 10th annual Bad Boy Off-Road World Finals. The World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series weekend will see qualifications contested on Thursday, while Friday and Saturday will see a $12,000-to-win program held each night. For more information on the events, please visit www.WoOLMS.com .

Johnny Pursley would like to thank all of his sponsors, which include Twin Oaks Racing, Bilstein, Shocks by Ralph, Eagle Manufacturing, Pursley Grading, White Horse Restaurant, JP Environmental, Money Saver Heating & Air, FK Rod Ends, Longhorn Chassis, Hoosier Racing Tire South, Phil’s Starters, Farmer’s Service Center, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Johnny Pursley Racing, please visit the official team website at www.JohnnyPursleyRacing.com .