Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheppard

Default Sheppard

Brandon is returning to his family car next year and will be back on the Lucas tour. Any thoughts on who will be in the BPM ride? Just run regionally with Babc0ck?

Probably Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). I think if Westfall would have been given adequate time he would have further proven to be more worthy of the ride. He just needed seat time. But that is Randall Edwards for ya.

Jeff was in the car last weekend at Florence, done alright, but he's no BShep. I think he even said at rhe beginning of the year he couldnt race full time, and didn't get in a car at all til July.

With the amount of money Mr.Brock spends, he'll have a good shoe in that car. It looks like Randall is staying at best, which is good for the next guy that comes in.

Ricky Thornton would be a good choice, or I'd like to see Westfall get another shot at it. He was starting to come into his own before the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldora > Your Track View Post
    Probably Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). I think if Westfall would have been given adequate time he would have further proven to be more worthy of the ride. He just needed seat time. But that is Randall Edwards for ya.
    JMO I dont think Jeff wants to be on the road as much as Lucas Oil could be wrong.Westfall lol bet not.Best is a top team with good resourses and not affraid to spend a dollar Steve Francis might be a good pick need to have a guy thats been up and down the road that life style is not for everyone.

Why the split? Seems odd given the productive year they've had running together.

I've heard that Best is shutting down.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If Best is shutting down that is too bad, always hate to see a good program like that leave the sport.

If they were running next year there are plenty of top notch candidates available with touring experience:

Tim Fuller
    Austin Hubbard
    Eddie Carrier Jr

or there are some guys that could likely do well with a chance like that:

Jesse Stovall
    Jake Hawkins
    Jared Hawkins
    Max Blair

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    If Best is shutting down that is too bad, always hate to see a good program like that leave the sport.

If they were running next year there are plenty of top notch candidates available with touring experience:

Tim Fuller
    Austin Hubbard
    Eddie Carrier Jr

or there are some guys that could likely do well with a chance like that:

Jesse Stovall
    Jake Hawkins
    Jared Hawkins
    Max Blair
    Those are some good drivers and I would add Devin Moran. Devin is a different style driver than BShep but effective and good on equipment. Maybe switch to BWRC as well would be a thought...

If they stick with Rocket, I'd like to Eddie Jr or Scott James in the ride

I would've loved to see Westfall get more time to prove himself. He did really good considering he usually drove sprints and mods but after they let BShepp drive one of their cars at the World Finals they decided to give BShepp the ride full time. Which was a dang good choice but imo they should've ran two cars regional and let Westfall go out on tour with BShepp. So my question is about BShepp stepping out of ride. Did BPM decide to get rid of him or did BShepp decide it was time to go his own way?

Would love to see Eddie Carrier Jr get a full time ride like that.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Lawsuits has consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I've heard that Best is shutting down.
    I think I did see the hauler for sale??
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think I did see the hauler for sale??
    It certainly is on RacingJunk.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It certainly is on RacingJunk.
    Think they had more than one hauler.

The hauler for sale is Brandon's old one, a different one was purchased over the summer. It was his decision to leave Best Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Was the tire cheating scandal the final nail in the coffin?

Jake Hawkins would be a good choice, he will get up on the wheel!!!

Rusty Schlenk would be a GREAT fit for that team. He lives close to the team location. He is willing to travel and get out on the road. He has a wife and family that support his racing. And finally, he can wheel the hell out of a racecar. He has always ran regionally and raced smart according to the bank account. All while winning many championships and keeping food on the table... Rusty is also pretty darn good with those rockets. He has a relationship with Mark Richards already...
    Doc
    Facebook.com@DowdyRacing

Yeah it was Brandons idea to leave. they just picked up the new XR1 last week. heard it was hard to work for Randell

I'm thinkin the year on the Lucas grind is gonna make Brandon tough to beat around the Midwest next year.
    8/13/16