Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

I was waiting to post this, so now here it is. I knew a fellow church member that worked for a scale company. I had the chance this week to sit and talk to him about this lawsuit. He said his job was to calibrate commercial scales involving vehicle commerce (truck scales, scales used to weigh products loaded on trucks, and freight scales). He said the laws in our state require the scales to be within .1 of 1%.

So obviously, if the same rules apply in Ohio, that part of the lawsuit will be a slam dunk.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    No faulty scales only faulty race team everyone else made weight he mad weight all weekend until then face it he screwed up and clayton does the name darby mean anything to you
    darby? Is that one of your usernames?

Faulty scales already a proven fact, Now go blow some leaves!

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    I have trouble understanding how you sue because you were light. The scales don't have to be certified, they aren't being used for measurement of a product for sale. You could use a balance beam with absolutely no numbers on it and tell if cars were light and it would be fine. Simple teeter totter will tell you if something weighs more or less. Track scales are always right everywhere we've raced, even if they weren't.

When we went to a track, we went across the scales as soon as we could to see how they compared to what we had at the shop. That was standard practice for us. Second, if the scales were light, that's too bad. Every track I ever went to was different than the shop scales were. Some heavy, some light, it was our job to watch those things.

Grow up,
    SPark
    If the scales were off, which was proven then I don't understand how you can say anyone was light. Please tell me how you do that.

I just wish the case could come to an end. Just plain tired of all of this pointless repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I just wish the case could come to an end. Just plain tired of all of this pointless repetition.
    Thats all calverton knows lmao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Thats all calverton knows lmao
    Like a dog chasing it's tail but always coming up short!!

Like a dog chasing it's tail but always coming up short!!
    Ironic you would post that right after a post about litey......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quoting a25rjr - I was waiting to post this, so now here it is. I knew a fellow church member that worked for a scale company. I had the chance this week to sit and talk to him about this lawsuit. He said his job was to calibrate commercial scales involving vehicle commerce (truck scales, scales used to weigh products loaded on trucks, and freight scales). He said the laws in our state require the scales to be within .1 of 1%.

So obviously, if the same rules apply in Ohio, that part of the lawsuit will be a slam dunk. End of quote.

Most states have the same type of scale tolerance laws. I worked in construction inspection and worked with certified scales all the time. A scale only needs to be certified if the product is sold by weight. In this case, they weren't paying by weight, just checking on a portion of the car specs. It's a fine line, and maybe hard for a lot of people to see, but it is totally different. If they were paying purse based on the weight of the car (IE 2300# car gets paid $100 and a 2350# car gets paid $200) then the scale would need to be certified. Since pay is not based on weight, it doesn't need to be certified. It's just checking a spec. Do they need certified tape measures for body dimensions? No, it's the same deal. Hope that clears up that part.

SPark

Quoting a25rjr - I was waiting to post this, so now here it is. I knew a fellow church member that worked for a scale company. I had the chance this week to sit and talk to him about this lawsuit. He said his job was to calibrate commercial scales involving vehicle commerce (truck scales, scales used to weigh products loaded on trucks, and freight scales). He said the laws in our state require the scales to be within .1 of 1%.

So obviously, if the same rules apply in Ohio, that part of the lawsuit will be a slam dunk. End of quote.

Most states have the same type of scale tolerance laws. I worked in construction inspection and worked with certified scales all the time. A scale only needs to be certified if the product is sold by weight. In this case, they weren't paying by weight, just checking on a portion of the car specs. It's a fine line, and maybe hard for a lot of people to see, but it is totally different. If they were paying purse based on the weight of the car (IE 2300# car gets paid $100 and a 2350# car gets paid $200) then the scale would need to be certified. Since pay is not based on weight, it doesn't need to be certified. It's just checking a spec. Do they need certified tape measures for body dimensions? No, it's the same deal. Hope that clears up that part.

SPark
    Pay is based on the weight. If not then where is Scott's 100K?

Pay is based on the weight. If not then where is Scott's 100K?
    Pay is based on what place you finish, but you must be legal. He was not legal and was the only one that was illegal.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quoting Clayton Wetter - If the scales were off, which was proven then I don't understand how you can say anyone was light. Please tell me how you do that. End Quote.

It's an unfortunate truth. It happens at tracks all the time. I've seen scales 25# lighter than we were in the shop. We bolted on lead or added fuel to make up the difference. I have NEVER seen a track take your word on what you weighed in the shop on your scales. Every track I ever raced at (around 20) and helped others race at (around another 20 tracks) the track scale was the final answer. Like it or not, that was the facts. It's always been that way. That's why you check your car aginst the track scales as soon as you can when you get to a track. Did it every night!

as to your other question Clayton. Read my comments again. Pay was not based on weight, weight was merely a dimension of the specs. It's different. READ!

SPark

read the post bloomer fans very slowly

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    read the post bloomer fans very slowly
    They do not comprehend. They are still in disbelief that it happened to the ole great one.

Cant be, it just cant be

Gayways, we are only in disbelief about that 125lb with th DD up top! I see you constantly change the subject when all we want is proof. Prove it gayways, and your the man! Until then your just a schmo that can't tell the truth!

If bloomers team hadnt thrown that screwdriver and pizzd tony off he prolly would have let the scales slide.

Quoting Clayton Wetter - If the scales were off, which was proven then I don't understand how you can say anyone was light. Please tell me how you do that. End Quote.It's an unfortunate truth. It happens at tracks all the time. I've seen scales 25# lighter than we were in the shop. We bolted on lead or added fuel to make up the difference. I have NEVER seen a track take your word on what you weighed in the shop on your scales. Every track I ever raced at (around 20) and helped others race at (around another 20 tracks) the track scale was the final answer. Like it or not, that was the facts. It's always been that way. That's why you check your car aginst the track scales as soon as you can when you get to a track. Did it every night!as to your other question Clayton. Read my comments again. Pay was not based on weight, weight was merely a dimension of the specs. It's different. READ!SPark
    Don't know if this has been mentioned before-do any teams have "certified" scales in their shops?

does every track in the nation have certified scales lol

No track that I have ever been to has certified scales. I also know of nobody that owns certified scales in their personal shops. That's why you compare what you weigh at home against what you weigh on the track scale. This is really simple.

SPark

Calverton, the answer is no they do not but when 100k$ is on the line they should be right down to the ounce. He earned that race and actually won with the second best car. Did 20 lbs make a difference in the outcome?? Hela to the no!

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Gayways, we are only in disbelief about that 125lb with th DD up top! I see you constantly change the subject when all we want is proof. Prove it gayways, and your the man! Until then your just a schmo that can't tell the truth!
    JACKOFF, I have no reason to post a pic of my wife on here. Idk how to anyways. Just get this JACKOFF 2 size d's =dd and they have serial #s so i get my half but im not worried about that as ik how to treat and take care of her. I dont have to be a pretty boy or macho like you.
    HUMPTY DUMPTY CAN HAVE A HOT WIFE TOO!