Default Ponderosa Fall Classic

Ponderosa Speedway is having their Fall Classic on Saturday November 5th. I haven't been to Ponderosa and was wondering if anyone could fill me in. It will be about a 4 hour drive one way and I was wondering if it would be worth the drive.

I enjoy seeing new tracks and hope for competitive racing. I realize there are no promises but would like to hear from some of the folks who have been there before. Thanks.

Ponderosa is a good track and the racing is USUALLY pretty competitive and multi-grooved. They've put down new dirt about two months ago maybe? so its hard to say for sure right now. With it being a SNBS race Ray will have the track as best as it possibly can be, though.

Went there 1st of this year, had a bad *hump* in turn 1... racing really sucked...maybe it's better now...jmo

Weather pending I'm thinking about going next weekend. I'm curious if anyone knows of hotels near the track to stay at?

Thanks
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Quote Originally Posted by TTS_JF View Post
    Weather pending I'm thinking about going next weekend. I'm curious if anyone knows of hotels near the track to stay at?

Thanks
    Your best bet is to find something up the road in Danville.

Not much n Junction City, Try Danville or Harrodsburg. I had no trouble getting a room at the Super 8 in Danville. I make all the bigger races at the Pond, always good racing...the quality of drivers makes it for me.

Thanks guys; I'll see what I can find. I hope the weather is good, planning on leaving Friday around 2 or so and making the 2:30-3 hour trip.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I go every single weekend that the place is open. I already got my reserved seats set for both nights. Its good buy if you go both nights of course. They have upgraded the facilities since the new promotors took over in August. There is not bad seat in the concrete bleachers but if you sit in turn 4 you might want to sit middle to top unless you want to get a dirt bath. Track is usually very good. Only bad race I saw all year was the Lucas race in August. Boy was it a snoozer. Since then its been better. Hopefully have good weather as well. Danville is just up the road like 5-10 mins from the track so try to get your hotel there whereas Harrodsburg is 20-30 mins from the track. Danville has the restaurants and shops. Try out Cheddars next to Walmart if you go. Best place I have found to eat at there. Should be good show to cap off the season

Cheddar cheese shop by the Wal-Mart?

I haven't been there either, is there any camping at the track?

They have free camping first come first serve. No electric or water hook ups though. There is creek that runs right next to the track so you can always resort to that with the water lol

Quote Originally Posted by wfofan View Post
    Cheddar cheese shop by the Wal-Mart?
    Surely you know what Cheddar's is

Best little cheese shop in Kentucky...

If I knew the track might be watered down well I would go, but been burnt too often at certain tracks especially this year.

I like Ponderosa though, and miss going there.