Thread: Body

Default Body

Thinking about changing my body to aluminum type body parts. Rules state we gotta have factory firewall, factory roof and full floor in car. Car with stock steel body can weigh 3400lbs and aftermarket has to 3500lbs. Motor rule for it is as long as the block and heads are cast iron with a 2bbl anything else is pretty much a go. Any susgestons on doing this. Thanks

If you are racing a small track, the advantage would be placement of lead.If the lead if stacked tightly in one location and your % are right the car will always be more stable and easier to drive.If racing on a bigger track aerodynamics can be built in to the body.

With having to be that heavy I dont know if I'd bother with aluminum. I run a steel body and weight 2975. I have 525lbs of lead just to make 2975. I'd have over 1000lbs of lead just to make 3500...LOL.

Thats what i was wondering if its wroth it. My car weights around 3300 with out led and me in it. Im trying to make it ligther so i can have better placement of the led. Hate to have a 3700lbs car to make the precentages right on the scales

Those weight limits are completely idiotic. And, unsafe.

run steel, the penalty of 100 is way too steep

Thanks stock car driver. Just wanted to know what peoples input was if its worth or not.