Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How can you call it the World Finals?

No Bloomer, Davenport, Owens, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce ect. This race had the makings of the perfect storm. End of the season for all series yet car counts are going backwards. Maybe the payout should match the name more? I mean its cool that all 3 series are there but come on! Its the Late Models time to shine in front of them all.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    No Bloomer, Davenport, Owens, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce ect. This race had the makings of the perfect storm. End of the season for all series yet car counts are going backwards. Maybe the payout should match the name more? I mean its cool that all 3 series are there but come on! Its the Late Models time to shine in front of them all.

Thoughts?
    Davenport is there, Bloomquist cant be there because of his on going lawsuit, Sheppard just split from Best Performance, Owens ride looks like it is changing and IMO the field is still solid for this time of year and no more money that these races pay.

I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.

Davenport is there, though he's not particularly fast.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.
    There are a few Australians there.

(Woo) world
    (Last race of season) finals

World finals
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Davenport is there, though he's not particularly fast.
    Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

There are a few Australians there.
    I misspoke. From all around the world. Meaning Mexico China, UK, Brazil, etc all combined.

Same thing with the DTWC. It's not multiple drivers around the world racing against each other to be the sole World Champion. That's why I don't get like in the NBA for example they say World Champions. They didn't beat China, France, Canada etc during a title run.

I misspoke. From all around the world. Meaning Mexico China, UK, Brazil, etc all combined.

Same thing with the DTWC. It's not multiple drivers around the world racing against each other to be the sole World Champion. That's why I don't get like in the NBA for example they say World Champions. They didn't beat China, France, Canada etc during a title run.
    The NBA has a ton of international talent, though.

But in reality, the only countries that race the kinds of dirt cars that we do here in America are Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada and there's some TQ midget racing in Argentina. You couldn't really expect a whole world kind of vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.
    That has been the worst kept secret in dirt racing.

Really? The US spanks those squads every Olympics and World Championships. The US has by far the best basketball, although Spain, the former Yugoslavia, Argentina, and Crance are usually decent. The NBA is easily the premiere basketball league in the world. All the best players from other countries end up here. Your argument is weak.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

That has been the worst kept secret in dirt racing.
    Probably mad that some team secrets might've ended up in Shinnston via consulting. Either way, JD will be fine. People act like he just magically appeared with the Rumleys. Davenport was knocking off 10-20k to win, 100 lappers in the Barry Wright house car before joining the black hole that is CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Probably mad that some team secrets might've ended up in Shinnston via consulting. Either way, JD will be fine. People act like he just magically appeared with the Rumleys. Davenport was knocking off 10-20k to win, 100 lappers in the Barry Wright house car before joining the black hole that is CBR.
    I don't know that JD would be particularly justified to be upset at the Rocket stuff, though. I mean, it's not like one of those Rockets suddenly dominated the Lucas tour. He only raced against the one on a night in and night out basis, and in the end, he had a better year than that particular car anyways. And that's Rumley's business way more than it would be Davenport's.

I don't know that JD would be particularly justified to be upset at the Rocket stuff, though. I mean, it's not like one of those Rockets suddenly dominated the Lucas tour. He only raced against the one on a night in and night out basis, and in the end, he had a better year than that particular car anyways. And that's Rumley's business way more than it would be Davenport's.
    Might have something to do with the fact they were on top, and on top by a fair bit. Then the guy in charge of technical wizardry takes that info to a chief national competitor. Why wouldn't JD be salty? That Rocket had arguably the best season of anyone this year, and ran like a 3 legged dog last year. 2015's most notable house car moment was probably Casey Roberts tuning up the driver. Fast forward
    to 2016, get a consulting visit, and whaddya know, the Shinnston gang is back on top.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 10-28-2016 at 02:07 PM.

No one comes from around the WORLD for any of these races.

Might have something to do with the fact they were on top, and on top by a fair bit. Then the guy in charge of technical wizardry takes that info to a chief national competitor. Why wouldn't JD be salty? That Rocket had arguably the best season of anyone this year, and ran like a 3 legged dog last year. 2015's most notable house car moment was probably Casey Roberts tuning up the driver. Fast forward
    to 2016, get a consulting visit, and whaddya know, the Shinnston gang is back on top.
    He doesn't run against the house car on a regular basis. What the 1 does on the WoO tour has no bearing on what the 6 does on the Lucas tour. Sure, Sheppard is more or less Rocket's Lucas house car, but Davenport had a better year than him.

For all the talk about how Davenport had a "terrible" 2016, dude finished second in Lucas points and still won a pile of races. That's still a fantastic year by most standards. I mean, the only guys with more national touring wins than him are Josh Richards and Scott Bloomquist.

It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6

World (of Outlaws) Finals. Final races for those series.

JD is a wheel man. He will be fine. Last year one feature he drove the best race I ever seen him drive. Straight as an arrow and drove the car soooo smooth and with the throttle. Don't count him out just yet. He will be better the last feature than tonight. I hate to admit it but I spent a little time hanging out and talking to JD at Pittsburgh and Portsmouth and I'm a closet JD fan lol

Thumbs up

Finally someone who speaks my language and has a clue.
    Kudo's to you, Mate!

Cheers

Amen, the devil went down to Georgia and Casey Roberts tatoo'd his melon and sent him back to WV with a new outlook.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 10-28-2016 at 03:03 PM.