Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    JD is a wheel man. He will be fine. Last year one feature he drove the best race I ever seen him drive. Straight as an arrow and drove the car soooo smooth and with the throttle. Don't count him out just yet. He will be better the last feature than tonight. I hate to admit it but I spent a little time hanging out and talking to JD at Pittsburgh and Portsmouth and I'm a closet JD fan lol

You mean to tell you finally came out of the closet? lol who da thunk it old buddy lol.... Just giving ya a little sh!t is all... Have a fun weekend at chrlt...
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I think they were trying to be like Rodeo/PBR with the whole World Finals thing, the only problem is in both of those you have earn your way in by being the top whatever in money earned/points, not just show up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    I think they were trying to be like Rodeo/PBR with the whole World Finals thing, the only problem is in both of those you have earn your way in by being the top whatever in money earned/points, not just show up.
    The "Original" Hav A Tampa shootout was like that to start, you had to finish so well in prior series events to be eligible to run and then they allowed in the first 5 teams at the gate on race night. Back then I was helping on Leon Sells car and I sat outside the gate with his car from early in the morning till they opened. Jody Summerville was parked outside with us and he left to go eat or something and asked me to watch all the cars. Well some fans showed up from Mississippi I believe it was and they wanted a picture of his car and had me pose with it so they could say I was the driver or something. Good Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6
    Are you serious right now if so who's page on fb
    I am what I am

maybe JD secures the Best ride???

Jonathan Davenports FB. Its like the 2nd post down.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I misspoke. From all around the world. Meaning Mexico China, UK, Brazil, etc all combined.

Same thing with the DTWC. It's not multiple drivers around the world racing against each other to be the sole World Champion. That's why I don't get like in the NBA for example they say World Champions. They didn't beat China, France, Canada etc during a title run.
    Same thing can be said about the "World" 100.

World Finals, World 100, World Finals... call it anything you want. It's just a name and garners publicity. What if they called it the "Mecklenburg County Finals" bet that would light up this board....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    I thought the World was at Eldora? Why call it the World Finals, no one is coming from around the world to race there.
    Why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'American made' anymore...lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    It's on FB the Rumley's are retiring. This is supposedly the last weekend for the #6
    Why would Kevin be at TWF advising TMac if theyre retiring?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Jd is out to lunch. Hes not a happy camper. This will prolly be the end of the ride for him.
    Hes running bad and TMac is wearing em out? What a soap opera there..lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Why would Kevin be at TWF advising TMac if theyre retiring?
    Kevin was at Cherokee with Tim. I'm pretty sure he's with JD at Charlotte.
    8/13/16

....and baseball's World Series about 30 minutes from the start of game 3. Growing up in northeast Ohio I've got to pull for the Indians but certainly wouldn't feel too disappointed if the Cubs took the Series. They've suffered even longer than Cleveland has.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    The "Original" Hav A Tampa shootout was like that to start, you had to finish so well in prior series events to be eligible to run and then they allowed in the first 5 teams at the gate on race night. Back then I was helping on Leon Sells car and I sat outside the gate with his car from early in the morning till they opened. Jody Summerville was parked outside with us and he left to go eat or something and asked me to watch all the cars. Well some fans showed up from Mississippi I believe it was and they wanted a picture of his car and had me pose with it so they could say I was the driver or something. Good Times.
    I always liked their format to get in

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    ....and baseball's World Series about 30 minutes from the start of game 3. Growing up in northeast Ohio I've got to pull for the Indians but certainly wouldn't feel too disappointed if the Cubs took the Series. They've suffered even longer than Cleveland has.

Yeah over4T the game tonight was kind of a snoozer for the first 7 innings..... Actually the whole game was a snoozer lol.... Indians beat My home state team the Cubbies 1-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Yeah over4T the game tonight was kind of a snoozer for the first 7 innings..... Actually the whole game was a snoozer lol.... Indians beat My home state team the Cubbies 1-0 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.....
    Go Tribe. I can't stay up for that sh!t, working way too much. You aren't from Ohio Nasty?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'american made' anymore...lol
    because he is a ding dong

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Nasty, I commend you for having the good sense and foresight to get out of The Land O' Lincoln-high taxes-stupid laws and crooked politicians. Good move my friend!

I'm born, raised, have lived and made my living and will die in the home state of the chitcago cubs but I'm pullin' for Cleveland.

As far as the "World" Finals is concerned, it's probably a safe bet that the term "World" is used in conjunction with the fact that it's a World of Outlaws/WRG event rather than the whole world being represented.

I dare say that race fans from Europe, Asia and South America don't know and don't care about winged sprint cars, dirt late models and BB modified's. Most do well just to survive day to day.

USA Nationals always sounded better

Why are you being technical? Remember some of those parts on the cars arent 'American made' anymore...lol
    Funny thing is you see stuff made in other countries and the people working for a $1 a day making it are probly thinking wtf is this? lol

They bought some large fans this past spring for work during the summer and they said made in China on them. Got me thinking about the kids or people working in the "sweat shops" for .50-$1 a day without fans, making and assembling fans.