Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Has anyone heard of any new drivers who may be going to LOLMDS?

I overheard Scott Bloomquist in his interview with James Essex say at Portsmouth, OH that he thought there'd be more people joining LOLMDS next year.I wonder if it Josh Richards might be? I think he has reached the pinnacle in the WoO series and clearly has everyone outclassed in that series. Could he be ready to step up to the LOLMDS and try and conquer that series like he did this year with WoO. Of course, year before last, Shane Clanton won the WoO championship.I hate to learn that JD and BWRC will not be chasing the LOLMDS circuit next year. He is quite a driver, indeed.

Xyreme, you officially opened up a can of worms. There are people on here that swear the WOO is competitive as Lucas but I agree with you. WOO is the Xfinity series compared to Lucas being sprint cup. Josh will win his fair share wherever he goes but why risk those seconds and 3rds when you can dominate the xfinity of dirt? Josh is gonna stay right where he is. Bank on it!

As someone who races for a living I'll tell you, whether I'm headed to a Lucas or WoO race I'm prepared the same. But, Lucas has the biggest competition without a doubt. If you're Clanton or Richards why would you leave? What is there to gain? It sure as hell isn't money.

Yes...probably! LOL! No doubt, I think Lucas is the more prestigious one of the two overall. I just think they have a more talented group that race LOLMDS. I'm not sure if it is the better funded guys run the series or what but overall, I think they are more of the Creme de la Creme so to speak.I've also heard accusations that the WoO is governed a great deal by his dad and Rocket Chassis, etc. How much truth their is to all that, I am not sure.I know Josh was out of racing for a year or two and he's probably trying to build his bank account up somewhat. He has had a TREMENDOUS YEAR when it comes to winning money, etc. But, I think when you reach the pinnacle of one group (in this case for Kid Rocket, the WoO), you'd move over to LOLMDS. Perhaps they'd like to see Bloomquist move over to their sanctioning body but there is seemingly so much bad blood between Scott and the WRG, etc., I simply don't see that happening.I'm surprised to know that the WoO championship pays 100K to win, whereas Lucas Oil only pays $75K. Not sure about all that.I'd just be curious to know if Bobby Pierce (isn't he a driver? WOW!) or who might be moving over to follow Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

If you have a ride like O'Neal or Lanigan, a son of a rich father maybe, but when you're actually living off what you make in that car then why would you follow Lucas over WoO? Pride is great and wanting to beat the best is the dream but if I can't eat then all that doesn't matter much. If you look at what those guys in the bottom half of that top 10 in Lucas actually brought in, it doesn't go that far. Any of those guys could most likely go and finish top 5 in WoO and make more money. All the while still meeting up with the best of the best on occasion(like Eldora) and still get to race for a living.

As far as Richards having major pull at WoO, of course he does. Just like Scott has that pull at Lucas. They should have that say on some things if for any other reason they run those tours and have for many years. Politics are a part of life, including racing.

Yep, I think you are right. No doubt, some of those guys didn't make that much money on the circuit. The stage used to be set for the BEST OF THE BEST (offered up by The World 100, The Dream 100, The North South 100 and the DTWC).Unfortunately, with Bloomquist being out of the Eldora shows due to the lawsuit, we don't really get to see the stage set like we'd like to.

joshroth14 Guest

I think you will see more guys fall off of the series rather than join the series. Davenport, Lanigan and Francis I wouldn't expect to run next year. I think the only guy who possibly could join the series would be McDowell but thats probably a long shot. I would say maybe even Bloomquist running the full season could be in jeopardy if he decides to have surgery on his shoulders. He has torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders so if he opts to have it fixed he could miss speedweeks.

If polled every driver that races shows like that my bet is they would say they're glad Scott isn't there, if they're being honest with you and themselves. Bad for the fans and I get that but good for all the other racers.

I don't know for an absolute doubt but my bet is Lanigan isn't going anywhere this year other than right where is at now. There will be a couple new faces jumping on board if things fall into place.

Theres definitely some favoritism towards 1 driver as alot of us witnessed tonight. A move that got another driver dqd for doing the same thing came with no penalty this time.

Just going off his interview friday night Lanigan made it sound like he isnt going anywhere. But thats just my take on it

Are you at liberty to say what happened? I didn't get to see any of the races, so I'm really not sure what you are making reference to, jlacey. Thank you...

Lanigan will be back for next year, Francis is making a chassis change, but will continue to be teamed with TLR. I haven't heard what kind of chassis he will be in. If he's still carrying that optima sponsorship, he won't be going anywhere either. I'd like to see him go on the outlaw tour.

McDowell will probably never tour again. With him owning Boyds, and only having one car, I can't see him traveling anymore than he wants too.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 10-30-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thextreme View Post
    Are you at liberty to say what happened? I didn't get to see any of the races, so I'm really not sure what you are making reference to, jlacey. Thank you...
    No prob just didnt wanna seem like i was picking on this driver anymore than i already have, ive seen some of my favorite drivers do the same thing and it bugs me then too. Richards had a flat, drew the caution. Which is fine considering he had nowhere to go. Problem was he didnt make it back out in the time allowed so they gave the 1 to go sign. Now he comes out and immediately stops on the track to bring the yellow back out, soon as the yellow comes hes back on the gas. Alot of fans were confused since another driver was dqd earlier in the night for the same thing, some of the words i heard a few of them use were favoritism and crooked

yes that would be bull crap

if bloomquist does have surgery and doesn't heal the quick, and davenport doesn't race the series, I would think the car counts would go up. I also think the racing would be more competitive without them. both of them were always thought of as the favorite at any track. if they were gone i'd have to think of landers as one of the top in points

I have a feeling that TMac will have a good 2017, with or without Bloomquist and JD.

The guys run these series based on business decisions. Few care about what the name is on the series.... it's about traveling expenses, purses, sponsor commitments, etc.

One of my early racing partners favorite sayings was 'you can't eat points'... we raced wherever the money was best, the tech was fair and the chances to make some $$$ was good... and we raced for $100 to win features!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

you gotta love the tracks that give double points for a weekly show lol