FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

November 1, 2016

Randy Weaver Tabs Brandon Overton as Full-Time Driver of #116 Dream Ride

(CROSSVILLE, TENNESSEE) Randy “Dream” Weaver and team owner Chip Stone have announced today that Appling, Georgia native Brandon Overton has been tabbed as the full-time driver of their Dream Ride effective immediately. Randy, who has been sidelined with a serious concussion since a nasty flip on April 2 during the ‘Bama Bash’ at East Alabama Motor Speedway, has decided to officially retire and will now hand over the steering wheel to Overton - who will ironically make his first start in the #116 Longhorn by Weaver in this weekend’s ‘National 100’ at the same Phenix City, Alabama venue. Randy is the proud owner of 361 career feature victories, while he is also a 14-time Track Champion at various facilities across the Volunteer State of Tennessee and a 3-time Southern All Stars Dirt Racing Series (SAS) Champion.

“I’m not ashamed to say it, but the Lord steered me in a different direction following that flip at East Alabama and really changed the way I look at life,” exclaimed Weaver earlier today via telephone. “I am getting better from the concussion, but I am still not medically cleared to race and it’s just the right time to retire. I always said I wanted to win 350 races before I got to that point and I accomplished that mark last year, so now it’s time to phase into the next chapter, which will include putting 100% of my efforts into growing the Outlaw Racing Southeast business and managing the race team.”

“Fans will still see me at the race track, but in a different capacity helping our Longhorn by Weaver clients and of course overseeing the #116 team,” he went on to say. “I can’t thank all of my fans, sponsors, and crew members from throughout the years enough for all of their help and support – it was a fun ride racing for those 25+ seasons!”

Since Randy’s departure from the Dirt Late Model scene in early April, Jonathan Davenport occasionally subbed in the #116 seat and promptly put the Dream Ride in victory lane on six different occasions. Now the reigns have been officially handed over to 25-year-old upstart Brandon Overton, who just completed the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series tour fourth in the final point standings. Brandon will turn his first competitive laps for the team from November 4-6 at East Alabama Motor Speedway in Phenix City, Alabama in the 42nd edition of the ‘National 100.’ The unsanctioned mega-event will kick off with a pair of $5,000 to win preliminary programs on Friday and Saturday, while Sunday’s 100-lap headliner will boast a $20,000 payday.

From there, the new-look Randy Weaver Racing team has a couple of Southern Nationals Bonus Series specials on their racing calendar later in November. A pair of $10,000 to win events will be held on November 11-12 at Senoia Raceway in Senoia, Georgia and on November 18-19 at Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. Looking ahead to 2017, a definitive decision on plans have yet to be made, but the team will start their season in Georgia and Florida during “Speedweeks.” You can keep up with Brandon and the #116 team by pointing your web browser to www.RandyWeaverRacing.com.

“We feel like Brandon is a great talent and we have the utmost confidence in him to do tremendous things in our racecars,” commented Weaver. “I wish I had the opportunity to drive this caliber of equipment when I was 25 years old and showcase my talents at an earlier age. Brandon is excited about the chance to drive our stuff and is really enthusiastic about testing and doing everything possible to win races. We have done some testing together already and he couldn’t keep a smile off his face when he climbed out of our car. With our package of Longhorn by Weaver cars, Cornett Ford motors, and shocks by Dream Racing Technologies, hopefully we can all keep smiling with Brandon driving our equipment for a long time!”

Randy Weaver Racing would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: A.F. Stone Professional Medical Services, Stone Land Clearing & Excavating, Mission Transport, Save More Commercial Laundry Equipment, Outlaw Racing Southeast, Dream Racing Technologies, Longhorn by Weaver Race Cars, The Bailey Company, Cornett Racing Engines, Outlaw Graphics, Fuel Safe Racing Cells, Hoosier Racing Tire South, VP Racing Fuels, Allstar Performance, Glenn’s Auto Parts, Keizer Wheels, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism Research, PPM Racing Products, Bert Transmission, Sweet Mfg., Willy’s Carburetors, Performance Rod & Custom, Delph Communications, FK Rod Ends, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Hypercoils, Bulldog Rear Ends, Ohlins Shocks, AR Bodies, Quarter Master, and Gunter Drywall.

Learn more about Randy Weaver Racing and keep up on the latest dirt by logging onto www.RandyWeaverRacing.com!

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.DelphCommunications.com