Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Randy Weaver retires; Brandon Overton to the 116

Per story on OneDirt.com and linked below, Randy Weaver officially retired and Brandon Overton named to drive the 116. Brandon's first race in the 116 is this weekend at EAMS. Hate it for Randy and will miss seeing him race but glad to see a racer put their health first. Glad to see Brandon get an opportunity like this as well.

Will they follow a national series or race regionally?

The article says that they will race this weekend at East Alabama, next weekend at Senoia, then at Boyd speedway. Says they will start 2017 at speed weeks and make a decision. My gut feeling is that they will raise regionally and go to places like Eldora and I-80 as well. Article also says Randy wants to expand the outlaw race park Southeast business so I take that as they want to get more customers in this region using their products. If that is the case then it makes sense to race there.

I heard they will be doing the WoO tour. Time will tell on that deal I guess.

Was Overton in a family owned ride before or did he drive for team/owner? Don't really know a lot about him other than he shows up to compete every single week. I like his attitude also. Zero excuses and comes to play

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Was Overton in a family owned ride before or did he drive for team/owner? Don't really know a lot about him other than he shows up to compete every single week. I like his attitude also. Zero excuses and comes to play
    Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Brandon was getting sponsorship from the Varnadoes. Pretty sure they on the Budweiser distributor ship in the a Gusta Georgia area. He was also getting technical help from Moyer.

There is your answer.

I think they owned the equipment as well

How will he get technical help from Moyer? Are they changing to Victory Circle?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post

Quit hitting the pipe doppy.

Weaver runs longhorns!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Quit hitting the pipe doppy. Weaver runs longhorns!
    No chit sherlock. If you read the whole thread someone said Brandon will be getting technical help from Moyer.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

"Posted by dalemcfan Brandon was getting sponsorship from the Varnadoes. Pretty sure they on the Budweiser distributor ship in the a Gusta Georgia area. He was also getting technical help from Moyer." There you go Dippy
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 11-01-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Because someone stated he was picking up big time ride posabally a moyer ride. Well hunny hes not in a moyer car hes in a longhorn.

Might want to change the herb in your pipe there punkin!

Aint what it said. I think you need to take a couple of tokes yourself hun

Moyers cars are just Victory. Victory Circle cars are what Chad Simpson runs, two different cars.

Brandon will be in longhorn by weaver from the way it sounds.

I said he WAS getting technical help from Moyer. WAS is past tense. He obviously will not be receiving help from Moyer as long as he is driving a Longhorn for Weaver and Stone.

Performed reasonably well at Charlotte and I would expect him to be every bit as good as Weaver, from what I have seen of him.

I got it fellas thanx...more or less giving SS a lil h€ll...lol

Im not sure what the dif is between VC and Longhorn driving wise but best wishes to Brandon and Randy next year

Im not sure what the dif is between VC and Longhorn driving wise but best wishes to Brandon and Randy next year

Rambo had longhorns then swiched to VC for about a mo then swiched back to longhorn. Idk what he dnt like about the VC. Hes currently in a longhorn.

Isnt a VC a Longhorn anyway? lol