Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Casebolt

Default Casebolt

Steve is selling both new 2016 chassis but no motors anyone know plans for him?

seen on twitter just selling old stuff and buying new

All new Rockets going to be filling the shop

Those cars are only good for one year, then it's time to buy new again. #keepinthecostdown

All cars are like that now. If someone is winning big races in a car thats more than two years old, or has over 45 races on it then they really have their stuff together. EPJ's guy told me at Tyler County that they were running their 3rd new car of the year. Every time O'neal or Lanigan run good they talk about having a new car as well. I guess its the type of tubing most are using, but everyone in the pits will tell you there is nothing like having a fresh car.

Dont the xr1 rockets have different type metal they use so they last longer?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I'd like to have the funds some of these guys have lol
    T3G Never Forget, Hardly Remember

Yeah the new LH, Rockets, and Pierce and built out of a different type of tubing

SIDEWAYS, actually as I understand it, it's the opposite. The XR1 are built out of a new tubing that flexes and does NOT last as long. From what I've heard, they are fast as heck out of the box, but they wear out in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboard View Post
    SIDEWAYS, actually as I understand it, it's the opposite. The XR1 are built out of a new tubing that flexes and does NOT last as long. From what I've heard, they are fast as heck out of the box, but they wear out in a hurry.

Oh ok i heard the other way around but i know nothing about them and was just wondering
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    All cars are like that now. If someone is winning big races in a car thats more than two years old, or has over 45 races on it then they really have their stuff together. EPJ's guy told me at Tyler County that they were running their 3rd new car of the year. Every time O'neal or Lanigan run good they talk about having a new car as well. I guess its the type of tubing most are using, but everyone in the pits will tell you there is nothing like having a fresh car.
    Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.

I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 11-02-2016 at 08:06 PM.

I believe there will be a docol car from a small time builder hitting the track in my area next year

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.
    I think its made in Sweden.
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 11-02-2016 at 08:41 PM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Like him or hate him but Bloomquist cars don't wear out unless they get wrecked. The most repeatable chassis from car to car ever made.

Revelution race cars are being built out of docol tubing, since back in the spring..

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboard View Post
    We're getting into a very complicated area here. The flexibility in chassis are more in the triangulation of the overall construction than in the material it's made from. With that said.we'll need some guys like bubstr or MasterSbilt racer to explain the pro's and con's of the material differences.

Now, today's DLM chassis is stiffer than ever because of the evolution if the springs and shocks. A chassis that flexes is almost impossible to calculate. The builders want to eliminate as many variables as possible. IE: make the cars stiff and control the movement with the springs, shocks and bump stops. Then we have to factor in static vs dynamic numbers

Like I said, it's gonna get complicated from here forward.....
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 11-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.

We always built our cars to be stiff so we could spring the cars to be softer and to try to gain grip on the track. Recently I read an article, just a few years old, that quoted current builders saying they want to build a car with torsion designed into it and leave the rigidity to the pavement guys.

The last several years has seen R8 Docol move from Cup racing into short track chassis. Arguably stronger than DOM it's also somewhat more expensive.

The Rocket chassis I have seen seem to be built like a ModelT... those were called flexible flyers... not much triangulation. Other cars, I think the XR1 is one, have much more triangulation built into the car to give it more strength. More flex means the car will not be repeatable year after year hence the guys who can afford it buy a new chassis every year or maybe even sooner.

I guess I'm too old school to be able to comprehend having to do that...

https://www.ssab.com/GlobalData/News...h-Docol-Tubing
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Lanigans newest car is made of the same tubing that the xr1 is made of, i think it's the only one of its kind. As far as I know, only one longhorn is built out of that same stuff, and it just won at Charlotte over the weekend. Pearson had one car that got bent earlier this year, and from the news I got a couple weeks ago. Since they got that car back, it gets better everytime it hits the track. They also got a new black diamond at the beginning of the year. They only had 2 longhorn cars.

I believe that tubing is called Docol, it's made overseas.
    Lanigan, Oneil, and Bagley all had the brand new, latest and greatest chassis from Stuckey at Charlotte. I'd be willing to guess if Madden had the newest piece from Longhorn that the factory backed effort driven by McCreadie did too.

How much docol is going into these cars varies wildly. In some cases, only a few tubes. As was pointed out above, the tubing type has little to do with how much the car flexes. It is the geometry. Meaning triangulation and how thick the actual tube is.

A lot of cars are being built stiffer in the front with the rear clip being used as the torsion absorption part of the chassis.

The idea of the docol is that it has a higher yield than mild steel, just as moly does. But, the process to make it is supposed to yield a more consistent end product. If you buy tubing all the time, you will see that the cheaper stuff varies a lot from batch to batch.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Seems like their just going back 10-11years when the chassis wasn't built like a F1 car. How much faster would the latest rocket chassis be compared to a brand new black front 2005 rocket (a favorite in the day) with all the latest runing gear e.g. shocks,suspension parts, engines etc