Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Senoia Raceway 'Showdown at Senoia' Information - November 10, 11 and 12

The Showdown at Senoia – November 10, 11 and 12, 2016

The Inaugural ‘Showdown at Senoia’ will culminate a great season of racing at the tough 3/8ths mile gumbo clay bull ring just west of Senoia, GA. The largest purse in the six decade long history of the track will be offered to the drivers in the Super Late Models, Limited Late Models, Crate Late Models, B Cadets, Hobby Stock, Mini and Bombers.

Thursday, November 10
    Pits Open at 3pm. Grandstands at 5pm.
    Open Practice for all divisions from 6:30pm until 10pm.
    Camping Opens.
    Thursday Pit Passes: $25; kids 5-12 $20; Four & under free
    Weekend Pass (Thur – Sat): $100
    FREE grandstand admission

Friday, November 11
    Pits Open at 3pm. Grandstands at 5pm.
    Driver’s Meeting at 5:50pm. Hot laps begin at 6:15pm.
    Group Session Hot Laps/Qualifying to determine starting positions in heat races for the Hobby, Bomber, Mini Stock and B Cadets.
    Two lap (multi-car) qualifying for the Super Late Models, Limited Late Models and Crate Late Models.
    10-lap heat races for Hobby, Bomber, Mini Stock and B Cadets.
    12-lap heat races for Super Late Models, Limited Late Models and Crate Late Models.
    Friday Pit Passes: $35; kids 5-12 $20; Four & under free
    Grandstand Tickets: $25; kids 5-12 $10; Four & under free
    Reserved Grandstand Ticket (Fri/Sat): $85
    Unreserved Weekend Grandstand Ticket (Fri/Sat): $55

Saturday, November 12
    Pits Open at Noon. Grandstands at 2pm.
    Driver’s Meeting at 2:45pm. Racing begins at 3:30pm
    10-lap B-Mains (if needed) for Hobby, Bomber, Mini and B Cadets.
    12-lap B-Mains (if needed) for Super Late Models, Limited Late Models and Crate Late Models.
    Hobby Stock Feature (25 laps) – $1000 to win
    Bomber Feature (25 laps) – $1000 to win
    Mini Stock Feature (25 laps) – $2500 to win
    B Cadet Feature (25 laps) – $2500 to win
    Crate Late Model Feature (30 laps) – $2500 to win
    Limited Late Model Feature (30 laps) – $2500 to win
    Super Late Model Feature (60 laps) – $10,000 to win
    Saturday Pit Passes: $40; kids 5-12 $20; Four & under free
    Grandstand Tickets: $30; kids 5-12 $10; Four & under free

DRIVER ENTRY FORM – http://senoiaraceway.com/showdown/forms/

Senoia Raceway is located five miles west of Senoia, GA on Georgia Highway 16. Easy access from both Interstate 75 (exit 205 – west) and Interstate 85 (exit 41 – follow signs to Hwy 16).

Track Phone: 770.599.6161

This will be the weekend for you to enjoy the “Bull Ring” at Senoia Raceway with racers and race fans from around the region! Circle the dates and help spread the word!!!

Are you kidding 7 classes
    I am what I am

Could be wrong but I wouldn't expect a huge crowd for Friday night. Who's going to pay $25 to watch Qualifying and heat races.

All of the classes are the norm. A $3k to win show is $25 for the stands. Fridays are tough at any price. We shall see who shows.

I've been to Senoia once, and it was a GREAT show, at a great facility and track... but their admission prices are ridiculous! $25 for Friday qualifying and heats? Also if I remember correctly it was $25 a while back for the $4k to win show... Sure its an $8 difference, but that starts adding up if you bring a family.

Once again, was hoping to make our first trip to Senoia ... until we saw the format (two days) and the ridiculous admission prices. What a joke. We're going to stay home and attend a high school football playoff game instead.

Well here we go again another race track that wants to run a big race in ever class I don't get it and on top of that 7 classes.was going to go but after seeing this no way no telling when this will be over.

$75 to watch a 10k show from the pits in November?!? Does that include a free shirt? How much for a corndog?

Ridiculous grandstand prices. I'm out.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Well at least tonight was free! Probably 25-30 supers, crates, and solid fields in other classes . More than we expected for a Thursday practice only night! Bloomer was either late (imagine that ) or didn't show. Heard he ran most of Monday @ Eams to get better. He did run here earlier in the year. The night they cancelled the show, then fixed the track to let him practice!

Might help if I tell who was there! Sorry! 116 Overton, 25 Clanton, 18 Junghans, 18 Breazeal, 7 McIntosh, 99 Ellis, & the usual local crowd. A orange 99 of a 12 year old, not sure who! Bring some warm clothes. Gonna be in the 30s! That's cold for central Ga! See you there.

Any word whether or not Marlar, Ray Cook, Stacy Boles, Jason Heitt, or any of the other drivers in a Capital will show to run with Clanton? My guess is that's why Junghans is there.

Also, I wasn't there the whole time. Bloomquist or others may have came after we left. A solid selection of doors already out to be auctioned off for Parrish Duncans medical bills from his accident. 39 from Eams,6,76,25c,18j,101, 11,k9, 5 Oneal, 44 Cat, 1c Collins, 23 Parkhurst & others. Special thanks to those who donated & those who will. The Champion bank account will cover the out of towners that I know will reimburse promptly! Yall know Mrs Champion doesn't play with her funds! Should be a good weekend of racing!

I believe they will be there. Except Marlar is supposedly working on Hurricane recovery & may not show. Junghans has been down the last month or so. My son is looking forward to actually seeing Cook race again. Also, Hackenast was down & raced here a few months ago. We'll see who all shows. Some of the studs will scare away some of other racers! But everyone has a chance on that surface. A big motor isn't usually needed.

We're planning on driving down for tomorrow night's show. Keep us posted on who shows tonight.

Here is a list of the 34 supers there and ready for qualifying. Very good field of cars. Should be a heck of a show tomorrow night on the gumbo. Well worth the price of admission to see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clanton25fan; 11-11-2016 at 10:46 PM.

34 supers. Heat winners were Owens, Clanton, Croft, Hickman.

clanton25fan or champion 24...any idea if they did all the qualifying and heat races for the support classes tonight as was stated on the schedule of events? Do you expect them to run a timely show tomorrow afternoon/night with such a full slate of racing? Never been to Senoia before but planning to make the trip down from Chattanooga.

All the qualifying and heats were done tonight.
    Plan is to be done at or as close to 11pm as possible with all racing. There is a midnight curfew there.

Supers top 16 transfers for tomorrows feature.

Heat 1
    91 Jimmy Owens (in Tod Darda's Longhorn)
    0 Scott Bloomquist
    7 Donald McIntosh
    9 Frank Ingram

Heat 2
    9 Jason Croft
    18 David Brazeale
    18 Chase Junghans
    53 Ray Cook

Heat 3
    25 Shane Clanton
    116 Brandon Overton
    18x Michael Page
    15 Mason Massey

Heat 4
    R1 Riley Hickman
    21 Joe Armistead
    41 TJ Reaid
    27 Glenn Morris

Have not seen a posted official lineup for the Supers yet. Not quite sure how they will arrange the heats with Group Qualifying. Heat 1 and 2 could be the inside rows and Heats 3 and 4 the outside rows.
    Last edited by Flagmanfish22; 11-12-2016 at 01:23 AM.