Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rumley LR

Default rumley LR

Read the DOD article and it reminds of the suspension deal on the LR in 2015. Does anyone actually know what they were doing, I mean they never really announced it? Then at the end of 15' it sounded like they could build the same thing even with the new lucas rules but it would cost more. Did they? if so what happened, did others get it too or find another way to the same deal.

listen to bshepp from the DTWC on DOD

I'm not a subscriber to dirtondirt but I'm am curious what bshep had to say.. and while we are in the rumley subject I'm also curious what there plans are going to be in 2017 ( I can't read that article either)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pa_dirt View Post
    I'm not a subscriber to dirtondirt but I'm am curious what bshep had to say.. and while we are in the rumley subject I'm also curious what there plans are going to be in 2017 ( I can't read that article either)

Thanks
    For the 2017 plans, they are gonna step back some and run shows they want to. I'd imagine a schedule like they ran with Steve Shaver is pretty likely.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Any rumors of who they will select as a driver for 2017?????

Drivers.

They mention the possibility of working with multiple drivers.

Pop rumley is retiring from racing. Kevin is going to work for someone. Jd is teamed up w bwrc for 2017. Prolly only a select few local races for the #6 if they run any.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Pop rumley is retiring from racing. Kevin is going to work for someone. Jd is teamed up w bwrc for 2017. Prolly only a select few local races for the #6 if they run any.
    From the DoD article it doesn't sound like Leroy is ready to retire....Just slow down.

Do you know who is Kevin going to work for?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Rocket!!! The R in XR is for Rumley! Put your XR-1 on a Longhorn jig.. Identical!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Do you know who is Kevin going to work for?
    No i do not. I was told that pop was ready to retire and the equiptment is his and that kevin was going to work for somebody but they didnt specify and i dnt ask.

Now if they run a few races in 2017 idk.

No i do not. I was told that pop was ready to retire and the equiptment is his and that kevin was going to work for somebody but they didnt specify and i dnt ask.

Now if they run a few races in 2017 idk.
    I thought you were Public Relations Director for Team Rumley/Davenport..???
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I thought you were Public Relations Director for Team Rumley/Davenport..???
    No you thought wrong. See what happens when you think!
    I only know bits and pieces here and there.

Why arent you hunting?
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 11-04-2016 at 11:57 AM.

calverton "listen to bshepp from the DTWC on DOD" --- All I heard was tires and XR1 unless I'm def and can't hear between the lines

You would have thought Bloomer drove for them by the comment "when you have the best driver in the country". Rumley found something using his brain that worked and DOMINATED with it. Now they are back to a level playing field and not on top every night they would rather quit and move on. Suck it up Sally! JD is a great wheelman BUT hes not a consistent one. Just watch Bloomer's car and his at the same time and you will see what i mean. But yea im sure its the car and not the driver! lol

Look what a bloomer car did for landers lol can't say the cars aren't superior to others

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    Read the DOD article and it reminds of the suspension deal on the LR in 2015. Does anyone actually know what they were doing, I mean they never really announced it? Then at the end of 15' it sounded like they could build the same thing even with the new lucas rules but it would cost more. Did they? if so what happened, did others get it too or find another way to the same deal.
    They were bluffing. Lucas blindly applied enough random rules to stop them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by justtktk View Post
    Rocket!!! The R in XR is for Rumley! Put your XR-1 on a Longhorn jig.. Identical!
    If they're identical I would think that the Longhorns would have run better this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    If they're identical I would think that the Longhorns would have run better this year.
    They did run well. Tuning is worth a lot more than the collection of welded tubes though. Richards car is tuned much better than the typical xr1.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They did run well. Tuning is worth a lot more than the collection of welded tubes though. Richards car is tuned much better than the typical xr1.
    Proper tuning is the key to making any chassis work well. The guys that are relentless about doing their homework until they get the car they want it will always be faster than the guys that just follow whatever setup book they get when they purchase a car.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!