Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rumley LR

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    Read the DOD article and it reminds of the suspension deal on the LR in 2015. Does anyone actually know what they were doing, I mean they never really announced it? Then at the end of 15' it sounded like they could build the same thing even with the new lucas rules but it would cost more. Did they? if so what happened, did others get it too or find another way to the same deal.
    The device allowed the LR to hike almost unlimited without adding roll steer.

The front link was to control axle wrap under throttle, and when the rear went into rear steer under power, it'd control it until the body settled, and allow the rear steer to return to neutral after body roll. It was tuned with a biscuit or rear tie-down shock settings.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They were bluffing. Lucas blindly applied enough random rules to stop them.
    Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Proper tuning is the key to making any chassis work well. The guys that are relentless about doing their homework until they get the car they want it will always be faster than the guys that just follow whatever setup book they get when they purchase a car.
    It's a Rocket Chassis though. Not a Longhorn, so the same rules don't apply.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.
    I was not in the downplay camp. My point was that I doubt Lucas ever completely understood it, despite teching the car.

I don't think anything under the zero is obvious. I think he has tuned to another level.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Scott was running that droop limiter that looked like a shock. That'll probably get 86'd.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by thinkstomuch View Post
    calverton "listen to bshepp from the dtwc on dod" --- all i heard was tires and xr1 unless i'm def and can't hear between the lines
    listen again and this time without a beer lol

Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.
    They are...he can only use his big toe on the gas pedal not his whole foot...lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I was not in the downplay camp. My point was that I doubt Lucas ever completely understood it, despite teching the car.

I don't think anything under the zero is obvious. I think he has tuned to another level.
    Copy. I think very few others other than Rumley himself completely get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Scott was running that droop limiter that looked like a shock. That'll probably get 86'd.
    Agreed. But I thought most of them were running that thing too. Could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty popular.

Agreed. But I thought most of them were running that thing too. Could be wrong, but I thought it was pretty popular.
    Some did have it on towards end of season. Some kinda ran better but still didnt put the other chassis adjustments w it to get best performance out of it. If i remember right.

I miss read that post my bad
    Last edited by SLIDING SIDEWAYS; 11-04-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

It's a Penske item, so I'm guessing just Penske guys were running them. Other cars are using a spring rod as the droop limiter. That'll probably get the heave ho too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

That bloomquist rig sure runs through the small rough patches well. Everybody else is all bound up on the bars jumping up and down and his deal looks like it's on air ride

Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes. That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.
    Drug testing... Lol For all of you JD had his 15 mins of fame and bloomer responded. 30 straight years of running against the best competition the sport has to offer and rising to the challenge every time. Black sunshine baby

[QUOTE=chupp n bloomer fan;

I am curious if there's anything to outlaw off of the 0 as glaringly obvious as what Rumley had.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the nut behind the wheel! Theyre going to make him wear an eye patch and tie 1 hand behind his back!

Lucas wants to give everybody else a "fair" chance!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Thumbs down

Well, so many of you downplayed Rumley's device, and look what a difference a year makes.
    Are you insinuating that JD would've continued to dominate if he had kept the device? If so there is no way to prove that and he still had multiple wins and finished second in points. The first part of their year was plagued with part failures, engine failures and bad luck. Anyone with half a brain could see that last year everything went JD's way, with or without the device. He took lots of chances, bounced off the wall and got away with a lot that most with any experience will tell you can not last forever. Last year was a perfect year for JD, this year he didn't catch the breaks like he did in 2015. Did the device aide in his performance? Sure. Was it why he won so much last year and then seemingly faltered this year? I don't think so. JD has immense talent, but he's always taken a lot of risk and made bold moves, which sometimes don't pan out. 2015 the stars just aligned, 2016 they weren't as kind, its that simple. He had something to prove after CBR and he was just in the zone, plain and simple.

That simple part that nobody but Rumley had figured out made a huge difference. And I'm pretty sure the Lucas rules weren't blindly applied, they targeted Rumley's gadget and anything resembling it.
    Lucas/WoO felt the way you do, that the gadget was the secret to his success and so they put the KY-BOSH on it or anything like it and a few things that had nothing to do with it, like some of the basic components for a Rayburn swing arm setup. I don't think it was a huge difference, but it gave them the opportunity to exert some authority and change the DLM racing landscape for the foreseeable future. They think they are helping contain costs, but they don't know their history and are only making things even more expensive and probably running off a few more teams over time. Nobody stayed away because Davenport was winning, that's just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post

Why arent you hunting?
    Next weekend.....My youngest daughter had district volleyball championship playoff, which they won! Two years in a row!

This kid crap is interfering with deadly contact of my shotgun and Mr. Whitetail! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Are you insinuating that JD would've continued to dominate if he had kept the device? If so there is no way to prove that and he still had multiple wins and finished second in points. The first part of their year was plagued with part failures, engine failures and bad luck. Anyone with half a brain could see that last year everything went JD's way, with or without the device. He took lots of chances, bounced off the wall and got away with a lot that most with any experience will tell you can not last forever. Last year was a perfect year for JD, this year he didn't catch the breaks like he did in 2015. Did the device aide in his performance? Sure. Was it why he won so much last year and then seemingly faltered this year? I don't think so. JD has immense talent, but he's always taken a lot of risk and made bold moves, which sometimes don't pan out. 2015 the stars just aligned, 2016 they weren't as kind, its that simple. He had something to prove after CBR and he was just in the zone, plain and simple.

Lucas/WoO felt the way you do, that the gadget was the secret to his success and so they put the KY-BOSH on it or anything like it and a few things that had nothing to do with it, like some of the basic components for a Rayburn swing arm setup. I don't think it was a huge difference, but it gave them the opportunity to exert some authority and change the DLM racing landscape for the foreseeable future. They think they are helping contain costs, but they don't know their history and are only making things even more expensive and probably running off a few more teams over time. Nobody stayed away because Davenport was winning, that's just absurd.
    I'm not insinuating, I'm saying you're dam right if him and Rumley weren't painted into a box that yes they woulda continued kickin serious a$$. You think Kevin and JD woulda stopped there. He!! no, if they didn't put the brakes on them, they'd have improved that stuff and more. Kevin is very smart and JD is good and determined. Half a brain eh, well anyone with an intact brain could see his car was entirely better than anyone else's and was so much more forgiving in part because of the homework they had done. It's an opinion based board and that's my opinion. I don't care who agrees or doesn't, just how I see it. I don't dislike JD, but I base my opinions off of facts. Bloomer was the only one slightly in his zip code last year, mainly because JD would overdrive, not because Bloomer was faster. They took stuff away, and Bloomer and Josh and Bobby caught up. Next year, if TMac stays with who he is, TMac will be there.

I'm not insinuating, I'm saying you're dam right if him and Rumley weren't painted into a box that yes they woulda continued kickin serious a$$. You think Kevin and JD woulda stopped there. He!! no, if they didn't put the brakes on them, they'd have improved that stuff and more. Kevin is very smart and JD is good and determined. Half a brain eh, well anyone with an intact brain could see his car was entirely better than anyone else's and was so much more forgiving in part because of the homework they had done. It's an opinion based board and that's my opinion. I don't care who agrees or doesn't, just how I see it. I don't dislike JD, but I base my opinions off of facts. Bloomer was the only one slightly in his zip code last year, mainly because JD would overdrive, not because Bloomer was faster. They took stuff away, and Bloomer and Josh and Bobby caught up. Next year, if TMac stays with who he is, TMac will be there.
    Well said.............................................. ..................

My opinion is your fear is completely misplaced. You have no idea to what degree their new parts were maximized. You have no idea the costs that have been added by changing the size of the box but not removing the knowledge gained. The rule changes were like a McCarthy era red scare. It limited the evolution of the car to a better machine, as should have happened.

It started us down a slope where people demand rule changes every time a guy wins most of the races.

And, Kevin is smart sure. But he couldn't even keep Davenport from being mad because the car was so bad at times this year. One super idea doesn't make an unbeatable super genius. Why couldn't that genius, with all the new technology he supposedly thrust upon the sport, engineer and test his way to victory?

And what about those people who said the late season rainouts saved Davenport from losing the 2015 title? He wasn't exactly smoking everyone at the end of that season. You don't make rules on what you think will happen. You make rules based on facts. Things you know.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-06-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2