Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CedarLake Speedway Masters June15-17 $50,000 to Win, $2500 to start

As Late Model numbers drop, they are switching to Modifieds for the car count. The USMTS is running on Thursday night for $3000 to win points race and they normally draw 50 cars for that. I would guess the rules will be very close to USRA rules which will draw 150-200 cars. This is a GREAT move for Cedar Lake and if you haven't seen USRA MODS, they put on a very very good show. Question is, Bloomquist and Owens ran the $20,000 to win Mod show last year at Mississippi Thunder Speedway. How many more Late Model will run this show?

Lucas Oil has a 20k to win race at Magnolia that weekend so if they are running the series again next year then they would not be able to unfortunately

I see WOO was off last year on this date and LOLMS is at the MAG in 2017.

This show will have only 70-80 mods at it, which is still a great number but these huge money mod shows never pull over 100 mods. Its USMTS on Thursday so will probably be USMTS style on Friday Saturday, which will eliminate any IMCA guy thinking of running it, as well as most of your average Wissota guys.
    2012 events: 40 - 2013 events: 29 - 2014 events: 26 - 2015 events: 29
    2016 events: 37 nights: - 2017 Events- 43 - 2018 Events- 43 -2019 Events: 43 Nights

2020 Events: 31 total - Plymouth(WI): 8 - Shawano: 1 - Outagamie: 2 - Cedar Lake: 4 - Mississippi Thunder: 3 - Beaver Dam: 1 - Gravity Park: 2 - Lafayette County: 2 - SK Speedway: 1 - Wilmot: 2 - 300 Raceway: 1 - Fairbury: 2 - Davenport: 1 - LaSalle: 1

It is too bad they can't find some common ground to let UMP guys like Long, Harrison, Leka, Kinder,etc. race. They may not go anyways, but it would be awesome to see them all race together

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    It is too bad they can't find some common ground to let UMP guys like Long, Harrison, Leka, Kinder,etc. race. They may not go anyways, but it would be awesome to see them all race together

I do believe that there are some common ground rule's that would allow the UMP mod's to be able to run with the USMTS guy's because we were UMP when we Ran our mod program and we ran with them when they were in our area with little changes to the car..
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by widlmfan View Post
    This show will have only 70-80 mods at it, which is still a great number but these huge money mod shows never pull over 100 mods. Its USMTS on Thursday so will probably be USMTS style on Friday Saturday, which will eliminate any IMCA guy thinking of running it, as well as most of your average Wissota guys.
    I'd say there will be over 100 mods there. The Junghans Memorial drew 123 for $10,000 before it rained and the makeup drew 92. $2500 just to start the feature is a good payday so I'd expect it to draw the cars.

Cedar Lake draws a lot of USMTS cars for the $3000 to win shows. I'm going to guess 125 cars or more. Also would surprise me if Deer Creek or someone puts together a big dollar race before or after the Masters to make it a week long deal.

Depending on conflicting events, whether they get a few UMP guys and how well the Wissota crowd turns out I would bet over 100 rather than under.

The Masters usually has the UMP hell tour late models that weekend.. So more then likely you will see Pierce,Babb,Feger, Moyer, Weaver, and those guys there.. I know Marlar, Old man Moyer made the trip last year.. If some guys can pull double duty that weekend, it could be a heck of a pay day for them.. But they will get anywhere from 75-100 modifieds, if not more.. And only 30-40 late models..

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
    The Masters usually has the UMP hell tour late models that weekend.. So more then likely you will see Pierce,Babb,Feger, Moyer, Weaver, and those guys there.. I know Marlar, Old man Moyer made the trip last year.. If some guys can pull double duty that weekend, it could be a heck of a pay day for them.. But they will get anywhere from 75-100 modifieds, if not more.. And only 30-40 late models..
    Mods Only.... no Late Models

Quote Originally Posted by bloomy18018 View Post
    Mods Only.... no Late Models
    So the masters won't include the hell tour this coming year? Or were you just saying the mods are running for the 50g purse? I know the purse was for the mods, but figuring that pierce/babb/weaver ran mods, i was thinking they might pull double duty.. WHo knows..lol.. to early to tell i guess..

Is this a 50g's to win mortified race or is it 50g's total purse?

50k to win 2500 to start.

WOW!! That's a nice purse for a support class!!

What classifies the modifieds as a support class? I think that'd be a matter of opinion.

The Masters is mods only, it says in the press release.
    The $40,000 to win at Mississippi Thunder (100 miles south of Cedar Lake) this September had 100 pre-entries, around 70ish mods showed up.
    Based on that, I don't think they will get over 100 modifieds.

MTS only paid $1000 to start that race, their purse was way too top heavy so it didn't make the trip worth it for a lot of guys. That wouldn't have even paid our entry fee and fuel/tire bill for the weekend. $2500 to start is substantially better start money and the car count SHOULD reflect that.

Where I come from they are a support class. Not a matter of opinion, just a fact.

Where I come from they don't run Open Wheel mods, or latemodels weekly, so saying they are a support class is an opinion. That is not a fact.