Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Where i come from they are a support class either to lates or sprints

Here in NE Indiana many tracks around here they are the head liner class! Many tracks that you go to through out the country the mods can put a better show then any late or sprint car can. just depends not always but sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    It is too bad they can't find some common ground to let UMP guys like Long, Harrison, Leka, Kinder,etc. race. They may not go anyways, but it would be awesome to see them all race together
    Some of the usmts guys came to Tyler last year to run the mega 100 that was put on by the renegade series, so it's possible they may get a few ump guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Where I come from they are a support class. Not a matter of opinion, just a fact.
    They're a support class here in Ohio too. Sometimes it's the best racing. I'm happy to see the mods getting a chance at some big money, I don't know what's not to like about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Where I come from they don't run Open Wheel mods, or latemodels weekly, so saying they are a support class is an opinion. That is not a fact.
    I've never attended a dirt show where open wheel modified's were the top division. Not ever. They have only raced in the role of a filler division, so you see, to me they are a support class. That's not being demeaning to them as a class, it's a reality of our particular racing experience. Defensive much?

Quote Originally Posted by zstine87 View Post
    Here in NE Indiana many tracks around here they are the head liner class! Many tracks that you go to through out the country the mods can put a better show then any late or sprint car can. just depends not always but sometimes
    I know of some tracks in Minnesota and Iowa where the mods are the headline division. The reason for that is the full on dirt late models and/or 410 sprinters car count no longer warranted them being part of their weekly racing program. The mods are, in fact, the headline division but only in the absence of the full on dirt late's and or 410 sprint cars. Certainly the mods can put on the best show of the night on any given occasion but that isn't what's being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They're a support class here in Ohio too. Sometimes it's the best racing. I'm happy to see the mods getting a chance at some big money, I don't know what's not to like about that.
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything in your post, zyoung.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
    So the masters won't include the hell tour this coming year? Or were you just saying the mods are running for the 50g purse? I know the purse was for the mods, but figuring that pierce/babb/weaver ran mods, i was thinking they might pull double duty.. WHo knows..lol.. to early to tell i guess..
    Support class will most likely go to the B-Mods... just an educated guess. I would imagine an all Mod show, been there enough times to have a pretty good idea on their format, I did see that the big show will have Double Heats

I've never attended a dirt show where open wheel modified's were the top division. Not ever. They have only raced in the role of a filler division, so you see, to me they are a support class. That's not being demeaning to them as a class, it's a reality of our particular racing experience.

CIRF my friend you need to venture out to some openwheel mod shows more often buddy lol... I remember many time when we how our mod program that we Ran alot of shows with the support classes being Latemodels Limited lates Street stocks and 4cylinder class..
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

At brushcreek they are the highliner class. But they only get about 15-20 cars a week.

Back when brushcreek would do the heritage race and give away the harley, they would pull right at 70-100 mods, very good cars too. I think they stepped on their weenie so to say when they got rid of that race.

Instead of talking about whether or not modifieds are a premier division, why not talk about why the decision was made.....Lack of cars running the entire Hell Tour at least thru the 1st weekend to make the trip to CLS. In reality, eliminating CLS from the schedule, which was out of the way logistically, may help get more cars to follow the Tour early on.

Plus it doesn't help when the locals have different tire rules than the tour
    Last edited by calverton; 11-08-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    CIRF my friend you need to venture out to some openwheel mod shows more often buddy lol... I remember many time when we how our mod program that we Ran alot of shows with the support classes being Latemodels Limited lates Street stocks and 4cylinder class..
    I humbly stand corrected Nasty. I had no idea that full on late models served as a support class to mods on a regular basis. It's never happened in our part of the country to my knowledge unless it's a specific modified special event, which is a whole other circumstance.

Nasty my friend, I don't have to venture far from home to see openwheel mod shows. Nearly every event we go to throughout the racing season has mods as a support class and as often as not they provide entertaining racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    Instead of talking about whether or not modifieds are a premier division, why not talk about why the decision was made.....Lack of cars running the entire Hell Tour at least thru the 1st weekend to make the trip to CLS. In reality, eliminating CLS from the schedule, which was out of the way logistically, may help get more cars to follow the Tour early on.
    You make a very good, and legitimate point, Tireguy.

My intention was not to disparage or demean the mods in any way. As has been said, they sometimes are the star of the event regardless what cars are the headliners. I was only surprised to see the money being put up for a show that involved a division of racecars that in most areas of the country are a support class. If an event as previously described can make all involved some money it surely will become a BIG deal in a hurry, and I hope it does.

thats why you call them mortifies, that being I go to a show in september that mods are the main attraction or headliner but the late bring the crowd very good show also by the way the prize money doesn't always dictate the kinda car count you get or for that matter the quality

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Put down that medical marijuana pipe and tell us when and where late models (not limiteds) run as a support class to those horrible spinout mortifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Put down that medical marijuana pipe and tell us when and where late models (not limiteds) run as a support class to those horrible spinout mortifieds.
    I generally stay out of these types of retorts but I won't this time.

Come on ptown, you seem like a relatively reasonable guy most of the time. The medical marijuana pipe comment was unnecessary, uncalled for and generally out of line. You can ask your question without that kind of rhetoric unrelated to your inquiry.

Whatever sort of unfriendly back and forth you and Nasty may have had in the past can't possibly warrant that kind of statement.

If you are watching a bunch of spin out modifieds, it speaks more to operator error more than it does the class itself........

The modified guys get it done in the region I live in.......they aren't often a headliner but often put on the best shows.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I generally stay out of these types of retorts but I won't this time.

Come on ptown, you seem like a relatively reasonable guy most of the time. The medical marijuana pipe comment was unnecessary, uncalled for and generally out of line. You can ask your question without that kind of rhetoric unrelated to your inquiry.

Whatever sort of unfriendly back and forth you and Nasty may have had in the past can't possibly warrant that kind of statement.
    You should do a search on his posts, he's really nasty, hateful and bitter, especially concerning myself.

You should do a search on his posts, he's really nasty, hateful and bitter, especially concerning myself.

Well it seem's as though you just answered a question that alot of people haven't asked you yet.... You seem to be able to dish it out ptown but from the looks of this post your thin skinned and can't take it? I'm a long way from bitter hateful and Nasty!! I just don't much care for someone who like's little kid's which you seem to do with your obsession with Bobby Pierce! That's where my discontent with you started at a$$clown so don't sit there acting as if you have never leveled any dig's or negativty toward's anyone on this site because if you do your a fukn liar!! Now move along little man before you get your tender little feeling's hurt again!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

It seems as though you have never attended a USMTS race. Maybe if you would go watch them, you wouldn't be exhibiting your lack of knowledge about modifieds that will be at the event this thread is referring to.

PS--I completely understand that they are sometimes pain full to watch at weekly UMP shows, but the USMTS series is very much like the Lucas Oil Late Model or WoO Late Model series when it comes to the quality of the program and the money that the teams have invested in their cars.
    Last edited by fryefan; 11-10-2016 at 09:31 PM.

yeah thats why you put them on ump tires and they get their butt handed to them

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    yeah thats why you put them on ump tires and they get their butt handed to them
    And when the UMP guys try to run with them on the tire that USMTS requires, "they get their butt handed to them" as well. It is a matter of what they are familiar with.

yeah the motor might have something do with it also but what happens when you have a ustms driver in a ump car at a ump track and he gets it handed to him yeah it was onlt one ken schraders low dollar cars