Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default National Tours in 2017

I just wanted to make a list of the drivers for each tour in 2017 that I will update over time. Right now this is just the 2016 Drivers minus the ones we know for sure are not planning to run the series at this point. Please post to let me know if you know for sure of a driver planning to run, or planning to drop off.

LOLMDS DRIVERS
    0 - Scott Bloomquist (Sweet/Bloomquist) [House Car]
    1 - Josh Richards (Rocket)
    39 - Tim McCreadie (Longhorn) [House Car]
    5 - Don O'Neal (Club 29)
    28E - Dennis Erb Jr (Club 29)
    15L - Darrell Lanigan (Club 29) [House Car]
    1 - Earl Pearson Jr (Longhorn)
    20 - Jimmy Owens (Rocket)
    777 - Jared Landers (Sweet/Bloomquist)
    75 - Colton Flinner (Rocket)
    4 - Bob Gardner (Longhorn)
    15 - Steve Francis (Capital)

LOLMDS Dropped from Tour
    6 - Jonathan Davenport (Longhorn)
    15F - Steve Francis (Black Diamond)
    B5 - Brandon Sheppard (Rocket)

LOLMDS Possible Additions

World of Outlaws DRIVERS
    1 - Brandon Sheppard (Rocket) [House Car]
    25 - Shane Clanton (Capital) [House Car]
    7 - Rick Eckert (Longhorn)
    21JR - Billy Moyer Jr (Victory) [House Car]
    18 - Eric Wells (Longhorn)
    1* - Chub Frank (Victory)
    3S - Brian Shirley (Longhorn)
    99JR - Frank Heckenast (Capital)
    14M - Morgan Bagley (Black Diamond)
    91 - Tyler Erb (Rocket)
    2C - Joey Coulter (Rocket)
    99B - Boom Briggs (Victory)
    18C - Chase Junghans (Capital)
    93 - Donald Bradsher (Longhorn)
    99 - Devin Moran (Rocket)
    44 - Chris Madden (Longhorn)
    1B - Brent Larson (N/A)

WoO Dropped from Tour
    76 - Brandon Overton (Capital)
    1 - Josh Richards (Rocket)
    C9 - Steve Casebolt (Rocket)

WoO Possible Addition(s)
    116 - Brandon Overton (Longhorn)
    16 - Tyler Bruening (Capital)
    22 - G.R Smith (Rocket)
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 01-19-2017 at 10:19 AM.

This is not a this circuit is better than the other discussion. But would Dennis Erb consider WOO? UMP/WRG oriented and he may work within the tire regs better. That and qualifying format could benefit him with the top 8 redraw, he doesn't always seem to be a good time trial guy in Lucas events and often starts back half of his heat. WOO may be more travel miles but tend to think he would have more top 5 finishes there than in LOOLMS. Just a WAG.

Looks about right.

I don't really think you can say the WoO has more travel miles.. It really depends on who runs and where they are from..

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I just wanted to make a list of the drivers for each tour in 2017 that I will update over time. Right now this is just the 2016 Drivers minus the ones we know for sure are not planning to run the series at this point. Please post to let me know if you know for sure of a driver planning to run, or planning to drop off.

LOLMDS
    0 - Scott Bloomquist
    39 - Tim McCreadie
    B5 - Brandon Sheppard
    5 - Don O'Neal
    28E - Dennis Erb Jr
    15L - Darrell Lanigan
    1 - Earl Pearson Jr
    20 - Jimmy Owens
    777 - Jared Landers
    15F - Steve Francis
    75 - Colton Flinner

Dropped from Tour
    6 - Jonathan Davenport

World of Outlaws
    1 - Josh Richards
    25 - Shane Clanton
    7 - Rick Eckert
    21JR - Billy Moyer Jr
    C9 - Steve Casebolt
    18 - Eric Wells
    1* - Chub Frank
    3S - Brian Shirley
    99JR - Frank Heckenast
    14M - Morgan Bagley
    91 - Tyler Erb
    2C - Joey Coulter
    99B - Boom Briggs
    18C - Chase Junghans

Dropped from Tour
    76 - Brandon Overton
    There are a lot of WoO drivers I am concerned about. I have no inside info on any of it of course but how much longer are guys like Chub Frank and Boom Briggs going to stick it out on the WoO? What about drivers like Eckert, Bagley, and Coulter as well? I can see a lot of guys making a good amount of progress (Tyler Erb at start of season vs. Tyler Erb at end of season... Night and day. Also have seen Wells, Junghans, and Moyer Jr make huge gains this season).

For the LOLMDS I think that core of guys is pretty solid, although I obviously question whether Flinner will continue next season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I think the amount of travel miles is slowly closing, now with LOLMDS going up to Deer Creek for instance in addition to their Nebraska trip. I think if you are based South of the Mason-Dixon line the LOLMDS is a better option, and if you are located near the line, or North of it the WoO might be the better bet.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I don't think those lists will look the same after Florida. I don't expect major changes, but there will surely be some changes. Plus, both tours will pick up a RoY contender or two each, too.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 11-07-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Is Overton for sure dropping off WoO or waiting to see where they are after SpeedWeeks? Has anyone heard if WoO is going to Screven to start their year again? When we were in Charlotte for the World Finals one of the guys I went with thought he heard the announcer say that WoO was starting their year at Volusia. Hope Screven gets some WoO races and that they are different weekends than when Lucas is at Golden Isles like it was last year.

I always thought that a certain amount was locked in to each series. That's what they do. The rest use a formula to suck them in to a series. First I call, run the flag up and see who salutes, are they up in the points after Speed weeks, then Do they have book on that series tracks. The last can be a deal breaker for even great drivers and teams. Someone has to have those set up notes. The last is, are they equipped to go. Good hauler, two cars, 3 motors and a pair and a spare of all parts. Then there is the biggest factor. Is the driver, crew and their support willing to go on the road. A lot think they are, until they taste the bologna sammiches, they eat, because everyone is too worn out to cook something good to eat.

I heard Donald Bradshear was looking to try the WoO next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Is Overton for sure dropping off WoO or waiting to see where they are after SpeedWeeks? Has anyone heard if WoO is going to Screven to start their year again? When we were in Charlotte for the World Finals one of the guys I went with thought he heard the announcer say that WoO was starting their year at Volusia. Hope Screven gets some WoO races and that they are different weekends than when Lucas is at Golden Isles like it was last year.
    I don't think they have ruled it out, but I would rather not list them if they are waiting until after Speedweeks to decide. I think a lot of drivers would stick around if they were doing good in points even if they had no chance at all. (For instance, if someone like Kyle Bronson was leading WoO LM points following Volusia I would bet he would be at Farmer City in March too)

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    This is not a this circuit is better than the other discussion. But would Dennis Erb consider WOO? UMP/WRG oriented and he may work within the tire regs better. That and qualifying format could benefit him with the top 8 redraw, he doesn't always seem to be a good time trial guy in Lucas events and often starts back half of his heat. WOO may be more travel miles but tend to think he would have more top 5 finishes there than in LOOLMS. Just a WAG.
    Good guess, but I think we will see Erb stay in Lucas series, just because he is way better on East Bay track than Volutia Co. Lucas gives him a head start each year. He also has good notes on the Lucas tracks. I always thought of Erb as a Journeyman Racer. Works hard to get the job done and does nothing to hurt his chances. Not Flashy, just gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I heard Donald Bradshear was looking to try the WoO next year.
    I think a lot of regional guys see what racing on these tours has done for drivers like Moyer Jr, Tyler Erb and Brandon Overton over the past few seasons. Racing against the best of the best every week will help anyone's driving career. Bradshear is a clean driver (from what I've seen) whom I think would be a great addition to the series.

Default #nicknamesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    .... how much longer are guys like Chub Frank....

If his merch still has a cult-like following, it'd be hard to pass on that revenue. Doing laps around the homestead only would be quite the financial sacrifice. Without a doubt, he's one of the top merch movers in the industry and even with a stagnant win ratio over the last decade, it hasn't been a real death blow to his fan base.

Of course, the road can grow weary at anytime for anyone, so who's to say? He might be at that point. I'm hearing about part-time racing more and more all the time around these parts.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    The Opening WOO race at Screven last year was not run the same week as Golden Isles. Screven was a week later and actually went up against East Bay. Josh Richards ran Golden Isles and East Bay thru the week before heading up to Screven for the weekend and then returning for Volusia. Screven and Golden Isles were on the same weekend in previous years as I would alternate between the two every year.

WoO opens at Screven Feb 17 & 18

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    The Opening WOO race at Screven last year was not run the same week as Golden Isles. Screven was a week later and actually went up against East Bay. Josh Richards ran Golden Isles and East Bay thru the week before heading up to Screven for the weekend and then returning for Volusia. Screven and Golden Isles were on the same weekend in previous years as I would alternate between the two every year.
    Yea I know. I'm glad they didnt run at Golden Isles and Screven on the same weekend last year. Per Kelley's post below WoO will be at Screven the weekend after Lucas is at Golden Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    If his merch still has a cult-like following, it'd be hard to pass on that revenue. Doing laps around the homestead only would be quite the financial sacrifice. Without a doubt, he's one of the top merch movers in the industry and even with a stagnant win ratio over the last decade, it hasn't been a real death blow to his fan base.

Of course, the road can grow weary at anytime for anyone, so who's to say? He might be at that point. I'm hearing about part-time racing more and more all the time around these parts.
    He said at the WoO banquet that he was most likely going to give it one more shot in 2017, then slowly start backing down..

Quote Originally Posted by CrankedUp90 View Post
    He said at the WoO banquet that he was most likely going to give it one more shot in 2017, then slowly start backing down..
    Thanks for the Chub data. I hope he goes out screamin' !!
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Updated the list.