Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lead on LR tube

I would imagine as soft as the late model tires are, that water would act like a piece of lead inside the tire when you get up to speed. I know that fluid in a tractor tire will make it stiffer than having air with wheel weights on it. I don't think I would want to be close to a car with fluid in the tires at speed.

Yea I just talked to someone in the loop the loop and he said the weighing the rearends thing is off, but they're gonna up the weight rule to 2350. The way I see it that is just gonna make it to where Bloomer and the other guys running tungsten stuff, now they're not gonna be 100+ pounds over weight.

Nothing is FAIR in LOVE, RACING, OR WAR>
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Unhappy "It's déjà vu all over again." - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Yea I just talked to someone in the loop the loop and he said the weighing the rearends thing is off, but they're gonna up the weight rule to 2350. The way I see it that is just gonna make it to where Bloomer and the other guys running tungsten stuff, now they're not gonna be 100+ pounds over weight.
    and still they tap dance around the #800 gorilla in the room and the rule book thickens, day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshoe65s View Post
    ... Which I think is why they are considering the lead on suspension components. That unsprung weight acting on the housing is just asking to break a tube and send the tire, wheel and tube flying, which poses a safety risk.
    - Dustin
    The argument that putting weight on the tube is gonna make it break is absurd too, with all the force put onto the tub from the car itself thru the birdcage, another #50, #100, #200 I don't see having any effect on tube life expectancy. That argument just demonstrates further the complete and total lack of competency at the legislative level in the DLM world. They are clueless and lost in the tall grass...

LISTEN, WE NEED FEWER RULES NOT MORE RULES TO DEAL WITH THE UGLY SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE LAST ROUND OF RULES. YOUR MISGUIDED "RUMLEY RULE" IS WHAT MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN, YOU PENALIZED A GUY FOR BEING SMART, WHICH IS ABOUT AS UN-AMERICAN AS YOU CAN BE. WHEN YOU OUTLAW CREATIVITY AND INGENUITY, YOU INVITE MONEY TO TAKE ITS PLACE, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. THEN YOU WROTE IN NEW RULES THAT MADE RAYBURN SWINGARMS ILLEGAL. YOU GUYS ARE WRONG, JUST WRONG AND YOUR MAKING A BIGGER AND BIGGER MESS OF THINGS THE FURTHER YOU GO. IF YOU ARE GENUINELY CONCERNED ABOUT BREAKAGE AND FLYING PARTS JUST ADD TETHERS TO THE BIRDCAGE AND BE DONE WITH IT.

ROLL BACK THE RULES TO 2014, ADD SOME TETHERS AND GO ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS, STOP ALL THIS NAPCAR/NASCRAP WANNA BE BUSINESS, THEY SUCK AND ARE IN DECLINE AS WE SPEAK. I"VE ALREADY MADE MY DECISION TO MOVE ON AFTER 30 YEARS INVOLVEMENT IN DLM RACING AS A DIRECT RESULT OF THE, "RUMLEY RULE" YOU GUYS PUT IN PLACE. ALL THIS ELITISM WILL EVENTUALLY KILL THE SPORT.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 01-26-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Laying two pieces of metal on top of one another does not give an adequate sound path for an ultrasonic thickness measurement. I work in industry where we use high end ultrasonics on a daily basis and its just not possible. You can do it with materials that are bonded together with a good thickness gauge (not the digital readout deals) and a competent technician. Something else to keep in mind is that each material has a unique material velocity which in turn changes how thick the meter would measure it. Not saying to tech or not tech but ultrasonic thickness is not the answer.

Discreet tungsten/Platinum brake caliper ..perhaps Uranium or Plutonium! Or go for the bling and use Gold!
    Last edited by CCHIEF; 01-27-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Rules are posted now

Where are rules posted, when I go to lucasdirt it still says 2016 rules?

Quote Originally Posted by mod10p View Post
    Where are rules posted, when I go to lucasdirt it still says 2016 rules?
    Dirt on dirt has the weight specific rules.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Last edited by CCHIEF; 01-28-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Back in '73 we had three rules for LM's in NE WI.... '66 or newer... 11" tire... single four barrel. Packed grandstands... packed pits. Sometimes progress takes us backwards...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Isn't 40lbs max for a wheel and tire very heavy.I haven't weighed one but I threw one on a tire rack once.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Isn't 40lbs max for a wheel and tire very heavy.I haven't weighed one but I threw one on a tire rack once.
    It's pretty close. I think many I've weighed are in the thirties. Some tires (mold designs) are a little heavier than others and wheel manufacturers vary in weight slightly.

I can see rules to make things safer or cost less, but it blows my mind the direction rules makers are going to limit some of the less expensive parts of the sport, but, leave one of the most expensive part of the sport totally alone; motors.

Eliminate tungsten, but who cares if every car in the field pours lead inside their axle tube or runs a heavy steel birdcage. A good heavy steel birdcage will last longer (bring costs down) and be safer (not break during a race and cause an accident).

It's getting kind of spooky in this sport.

Next thing you know, everyone will have to paint their cars all a like because flashy brightly colored cars will be a distraction to the other drivers.

New WRS 92 on beadlock =38lbs,used wrs90 nonbead=30.With a rib mold it probably would be right at 40

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    New WRS 92 on beadlock =38lbs,used wrs90 nonbead=30.With a rib mold it probably would be right at 40
    Which wheel? I have some pretty old ones. Probably illegal now...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

this maybe banded at lucas and woo but what about at the local level?