Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    what ever you say midget brain , real race cars don't need to be pish started
    I strongly disagree.
    Politically Incorrect.

well maybe yours needed to be because you don't maintain it , but sorry put a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) starter on the car

well maybe yours needed to be because you don't maintain it , but sorry put a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) starter on the car

Why just because you don't like they way they start their cars. Give it rest the world doesn't revolve around you.

many fans like myself won't go to a event like that it takes to long to put on the show promotors are not getting the full potential on a good pay out

many fans like myself won't go to a event like that it takes to long to put on the show promotors are not getting the full potential on a good pay out
    and guess what many fans are going and don't mind. like I said the world does not revolve around you.

b and see if I care for someone that doesn't like you said in other threads this a touchy subject

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Why just because you don't like they way they start their cars. Give it rest the world doesn't revolve around you.
    Kid, the people who manage and run The Chili Bowl Nationals should put on an informational seminar to teach and demonstrate to dirt track promoters as to how a racing program should be run with the highest degree of smoothness and efficiency. No event featuring cars with starters is run any quicker or more efficient than The Chili Bowl. Anyone who uses that as an excuse to demean The Chili Bowl doesn't know what they're talking about!

The preliminary qualifying nights and the Saturday/Saturday night Chili Bowl program ran with the utmost proficiency up until it went on live cable network TV and then things didn't run so smoothly. Lots of down time for TV BS. I really hope that Emmett Hahn doesn't sell out to TV like NASCAR did. There were a lot of pissed off people in the stands Saturday night. If the racing schedule had not been dictated by TV the A-main would have been over by 9 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, the people who manage and run The Chili Bowl Nationals should put on an informational seminar to teach and demonstrate to dirt track promoters as to how a racing program should be run with the highest degree of smoothness and efficiency. No event featuring cars with starters is run any quicker or more efficient than The Chili Bowl. Anyone who uses that as an excuse to demean The Chili Bowl doesn't know what they're talking about!

The preliminary qualifying nights and the Saturday/Saturday night Chili Bowl program ran with the utmost proficiency up until it went on live cable network TV and then things didn't run so smoothly. Lots of down time for TV BS. I really hope that Emmett Hahn doesn't sell out to TV like NASCAR did. There were a lot of pissed off people in the stands Saturday night. If the racing schedule had not been dictated by TV the A-main would have been over by 9 PM.

I know when powrI runs at a Sergant event it runs pretty smooth. I can only imagine they ran a very smooth show at the chilli bowl.

Yeah I have been reading where some have been pretty pissed off about how things were ran when the TV portion was ran.
    Last edited by kidrock; 01-16-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yeah I have been reading where some have been pretty pissed off about how things were ran when the TV portion was ran.
    Kid, it was bad! I personally wasn't all that upset being how I had bought a pit pass earlier in the day on Saturday. I went to the pit area and hung out with some of the local guys that I know from going to POWRi events at Macon and Lincoln during the extended down time.

However, there were some folks that wanted to head for home immediately following the Saturday night A-main that were more than a little upset given that it had been raining/sleeting for the better part of 3 days.

I really got lucky, Kid. I left Tulsa at around 7:30 AM Sunday morning and didn't encounter any ice on the roads all the way home. Just rain, but the trees and utility wires were hanging heavy with ice all the way from Tulsa to just North of St. Louis. In fact, I-55 was dry from Springfield, IL on home

Kid, it was bad! I personally wasn't all that upset being how I had bought a pit pass earlier in the day on Saturday. I went to the pit area and hung out with some of the local guys that I know from going to POWRi events at Macon and Lincoln during the extended down time.

However, there were some folks that wanted to head for home immediately following the Saturday night A-main that were more than a little upset given that it had been raining/sleeting for the better part of 3 days.

I really got lucky, Kid. I left Tulsa at around 7:30 AM Sunday morning and didn't encounter any ice on the roads all the way home. Just rain, but the trees and utility wires were hanging heavy with ice all the way from Tulsa to just North of St. Louis. In fact, I-55 was dry from Springfield, IL on home
    I'm sure they will figure something out and make it a better.

Glad to hear you had safe travels and glad we didnt get much of the ice here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Now these guys are bada$$, if I remember they don't have a 410 limit, just what you can fit between the rails...
    There are no engine rules at The Chili Bowl. You can run a big block at The Chili Bowl if you can find a way to get it in a race car and it looks very similar to a traditional midget. There usually is a couple of very small V-8's on hand from Australia but they weren't there this year. However, there was a V-6 that tried to make the show.

The traditional inline 4 cylinder engines are the best set up. They build them to make around 400 horsepower and the inline 4's are the lightest and best for weight distribution, thus always the fastest.

Cool

There are no engine rules at The Chili Bowl. You can run a big block at The Chili Bowl if you can find a way to get it in a race car and it looks very similar to a traditional midget. There usually is a couple of very small V-8's on hand from Australia but they weren't there this year. However, there was a V-6 that tried to make the show.

The traditional inline 4 cylinder engines are the best set up. They build them to make around 400 horsepower and the inline 4's are the lightest and best for weight distribution, thus always the fastest.
    You know what, I responded to the wrong thread. I read, "WAR" and was thinking, "BOSS", my bad. Sorry, LOL.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    You know what, I responded to the wrong thread. I read, "WAR" and was thinking, "BOSS", my bad. Sorry, LOL.
    I am not 100% positive but I believe that the WAR sprint car series has not engine rules, either. My understanding is that there are no shortage of 360's that run WAR on the shorter tracks where horsepower isn't as much of a factor.