Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default POWRi and WAR Merge, Bring Wingless Sprint Car Racing To POWRi Country!

    THIS IS SOME GREAT NEWS!! Maybe those of us in Illinois finally will have the opportunity to enjoy some wingless sprint car racing which is the most exciting of all racing on dirt! POWRi is a rock solid sanction and with the merger of them with the Shuman's and the WAR racing series we should easily expect that the same professionalism and quality of events we've become accustomed to with POWRi!

    Can't wait to see the 2017 POWRi/WAR schedule. I have a funny feeling we might be seeing a combination event at Fairbury. I might be wrong but I have that feeling!






    Belleville, IL - Performance Open Wheel Racing, Inc. (POWRi) has officially expanded the brand into the non-wing sprint car circuit by partnering with the Kansas City, Missouri-based Wingless Auto Racing (WAR) Sprint Car Series to form the Lucas Oil POWRi WAR Sprint Car Series. This partnership was formed with drivers and their teams in mind to continue to develop sprint car racing in the Midwest.

    "We are very excited about the opportunities and doors that have opened for WAR this off season now that this partnership is finalized," said Casey Shuman. "When we entered into discussions with POWRi about this partnership, Brooke and I were concerned about keeping the authenticity of our series intact while holding true to our core values. We were very happy to find that Jason McCord and the whole POWRi team shared our concerns and goals. Therefore, the decision to move forward with the partnership was simple. This allows us to explore options such as increasing the point fund, national television opportunities, and expanding into new regions of the country. We are working on the 2017 schedule and it will be released around the same time as the rest of the POWRi series."

    "POWRi has had their eye on non-wing sprint car racing for quite some time," said Jason McCord, POWRi Director of Competition. "Casey [Shuman] and the WAR series are the perfect partner for POWRi to expand the brand into the sprint car scene. Casey brings a wealth of knowledge to the table with his successful series. He will continue to run the newly formed Lucas Oil POWRi WAR Sprint Car Series as the director. We want to continue the success that Casey has had and build on that."

    Stay tuned for more exciting news regarding the 2017 season at www.Powri.com or www.WARSprints.com.

    Lucas Oil is the title sponsor for the POWRi WAR Sprint Car Series. For further information about Lucas Oil products, visit www.lucasoil.com.

    For further information, visit www.powri.com, "Like" POWRi on Facebook and follow @POWRi_Racing on Twitter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    any body home they were in Ill 3 times last year

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nebraska/ Eastern KY
    Posts
    385

    Default

    BELLE-CLAIR and Jacksonville in 2016, only one rain out in 3 nights averaged 18.5 cars for the 2 completed shows. BELLE-CLAIR isn't that the home of POWRi.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    kinda a sorta . wish it wasn't

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    BELLE-CLAIR and Jacksonville in 2016, only one rain out in 3 nights averaged 18.5 cars for the 2 completed shows. BELLE-CLAIR isn't that the home of POWRi.
    Little Belleville is the de facto home track of POWRi, if not the actual home track. That said, I think POWRi is at Mighty Macon as often as at Little Belleville.

    I know WAR was in Illinois a couple of times. My statement was more about them expanding their dates at some of the more northern tracks in Illinois. Maybe make some inroads into the hard core mud taxi areas. With them teaming up with POWRi I'm thinking we might see a POWRi-WAR show at Fairbury, Farmer City and/or La Salle.

    I hope so. They're not putting up that new 12 foot fence at Fairbury for nothing. However, I'd still like to see a USAC National sprint car show at FALS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    but begs the questiion why put up the fence inferior drivers lol or inferior cars

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    imagine that I guess belle claire would be home track 10 miles away from the promotors home plus micro chassis builder right up the road , hopefully he wakes up and puts down a weekly show next year instead of the helter skelter schedule he has had in the past I highly doubt it though they tried running december 3rd not knowing the convention center next door had a 3 day dog show lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    but begs the questiion why put up the fence inferior drivers lol or inferior cars
    No, just totally inferior intellect and cluelessness on your part as witnessed by this post. It's clear that you couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were clearly spelled out on the bottom of the heel! LOLOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    convention center next door had a 3 day dog show lol!!!!!!
    Where did you place in the dog show, litey? It couldn't have been very high since you're bound to score very low in the smarts department due to the fact that you have less smarts than the average mutt!! LOLOL@U!!!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-20-2016 at 03:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    REALLY i know i saw you licking the promoters boots after pizzing on them this powri clown didn't even know about the dog show tried running a race that weekend by the was he lives maybe 10 minutes away you can't make this up

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    For someone that despises open wheel racing you sure spend a lotta' time trying to read (LOL!!) and trying to respond (LOL!!) to what's posted on an open wheel board. You're a phony, but we all knew that.
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-20-2016 at 08:28 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the driver's seat
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    CIRF I like to see WAR at Lincoln. The majority of the Lincoln,Il residents are more sprint car fans than LM fans. When Lincoln has sprint cars you will see more Lincoln resident at the track than you would at a LM race.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    CIRF I like to see WAR at Lincoln. The majority of the Lincoln,Il residents are more sprint car fans than LM fans. When Lincoln has sprint cars you will see more Lincoln resident at the track than you would at a LM race.
    I've been to Lincoln several times over the years and really never felt the pro sprinter vibe. Lincoln is in the heart of hard core tunnel vision late model territory. Not at all taking issue with what you say but if what you say is the case, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, Lincoln would be an anomaly, for sure.

    I too would like to see WAR at Lincoln. I've attended several POWRi events there and I really like the track. It's just enough longer than Mighty Macon that the wingless sprints would undoubtedly be a great show at Lincoln.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    For someone that despises open wheel racing you sure spend a lotta' time trying to read (LOL!!) and trying to respond (LOL!!) to what's posted on an open wheel board. You're a phony, but we all knew that.
    what ever you say midget brain , real race cars don't need to be pish started

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    what ever you say midget brain , real race cars don't need to be pish started
    You have no interest in open wheel racing and hate it, so stay on the late model board and continue to make yourself look like a raving fool there. Don't interfere with your shear ignorance and needlessly impose your stupidity on those of us who simply want to have an intelligent discussion. Open wheel racing doesn't need or want the likes of you. You seem to fit right in with the late model crowd so go there and stay there. We don't need your ignorance and leave the stuff you hate to those of us that are intelligent enough to enjoy it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    yep me and another other 20k people at gateway this weekend
    Last edited by calverton; 12-21-2016 at 08:10 AM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    You have no interest in open wheel racing and hate it, so stay on the late model board and continue to make yourself look like a raving fool there. Don't interfere with your shear ignorance and needlessly impose your stupidity on those of us who simply want to have an intelligent discussion. Open wheel racing doesn't need or want the likes of you. You seem to fit right in with the late model crowd so go there and stay there. We don't need your ignorance and leave the stuff you hate to those of us that are intelligent enough to enjoy it.
    what the he11 does that mean with you attitude that's what's stock cars despise open wheel idiots i use to like open wheel until the snow flakes would walk out when other classes ran

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    yep me and another other 20k people at gateway this weekend
    Gateway isn't even a minor pimple on the ass of The Chili Bowl, which is one the two biggest and best events run on dirt year in and year out. And that's why you're pissed!! LOL!!

    Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    what the he11 does that mean with you attitude that's what's stock cars despise open wheel idiots i use to like open wheel until the snow flakes would walk out when other classes ran
    I go to more dirt late model races than you do but I have the open mindedness and ability to enjoy most anything that races on dirt even when it isn't the fastest or most graceful, as in late models and mortified's. The reason people go to the restroom or get food and drink when the open wheel classes aren't racing is most other classes at dirt tracks are slow, boring and cumbersome to some open wheel fans compared to most open wheel classes. However, in my world that doesn't make those non-open wheel classes unentertaining or bad, just different. Can you comprehend that, fool? I doubt it.

    Now, go to the late model and mod boards and make a fool of yourself there. No one cares about your phony contempt for open wheel racing and especially your stupidity. You hate it and you know nothing about it, thus you have nothing noteworthy to add here.

    Ta-ta!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-22-2016 at 10:25 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the driver's seat
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I've been to Lincoln several times over the years and really never felt the pro sprinter vibe. Lincoln is in the heart of hard core tunnel vision late model territory. Not at all taking issue with what you say but if what you say is the case, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, Lincoln would be an anomaly, for sure.

    I too would like to see WAR at Lincoln. I've attended several POWRi events there and I really like the track. It's just enough longer than Mighty Macon that the wingless sprints would undoubtedly be a great show at Lincoln.
    CIRF believe me the actual resident that live in Lincoln are sprint car fans. Dean Shirley is from the ares and he had a big following in Lincoln. Most nights you can find Dean in the stands. Did the WAR race in Lincoln Last year(2016)?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    CIRF believe me the actual resident that live in Lincoln are sprint car fans. Dean Shirley is from the ares and he had a big following in Lincoln. Most nights you can find Dean in the stands. Did the WAR race in Lincoln Last year(2016)?
    I completely believe you ss. It's just that I find it interesting that the love for sprint car racing is a top priority in an area that is so overwhelmingly dominated by dirt late models, mortified's and street stocks.

    It would be nice if Lincoln could get the POWRi National Midgets and the WAR sprint cars scheduled for the same night like Fairbury did in 2017.

    I met Dean Shirley along with Donnie Beechler for the first time back in 2012 at the Springfield Speedway reunion that was held in the Illinois Building at the Illinois State Fairgrounds. That was a cool deal, for sure. I watched Dean race back in the days when he ran Fairbury when FALS was still racing the rail cars/supermodifieds/sprint cars. I was very young at that time but I remember those days very well.
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-21-2016 at 01:08 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the driver's seat
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    CIRf here is a site that you might of already seen.
    http://springfieldsspeedway.webs.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.