Thread: Mastersbilt ?

Default Mastersbilt ?

On chassis #, what does the "x" stand for in front of the chassis number? Is it indicating that it is a Gen x car or is there more to it than that?

The x before the build number means that it is a gen x front end. After the build number should be another letter or series of letters that would correspond to the rear suspension such as H or LXT.

Just x-2065

And would this make a difference if it was planning on being raced IMCA rules with the 12" wide wheels as opposed to 14" wheels? Is it built different?

That's a standard genx probably a 15 or really early 16 car

I have a GENX 2015 Chassis number is X 2556 so that car is older than a 2015

And I have a 2012 GenX and it is X2191. So X2065 is even older than that.

I know what year it is, its a 2011. My question is what does the x stand for? Some people say just means it is a Gen x car, however I have a potential buyer for my car and mastersbilt told them to look for a car without the X because he was gonna run it IMCA rules which they run 12" wheels instead of 14" wide wheels. So im wondering if the cars with the "x" are built different???? Are they built specifically for smaller width wheels like the body doesnt come out as far????

Quote Originally Posted by mod88s View Post
    I know what year it is, its a 2011. My question is what does the x stand for? Some people say just means it is a Gen x car, however I have a potential buyer for my car and mastersbilt told them to look for a car without the X because he was gonna run it IMCA rules which they run 12" wheels instead of 14" wide wheels. So im wondering if the cars with the "x" are built different???? Are they built specifically for smaller width wheels like the body doesnt come out as far????
    A MasterSbilt serial number with no letter in front of it a "pre-GenX" front end car. Meaning it is most likely a smackdown or possibly (if REALLY old) a millennium or combo car.
    The width of the body really has nothing to do with how the chassis is constructed since the body mounts to the t-bars which can be constructed however you want them. The difference in going from 14" wheels to 12" wheels would not really make much of a difference unless you are doing something crazy different with wheel offsets.
    As stated the X is a Gen-X is late model chassis and theoretically designed for 14" wheels with 5" offset. Changing to 12" wheels you need to worry more about front end geometry than body clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by mod88s View Post
    The smack down car is considered a better hard tire car by some.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1