Default comments on bolt on parts

taking a suggestion/poll here.
    If you were building up a car and wanted top of the line parts were they needed to be but the lower end priced stuff as well, what would be your list of lower tier parts.

Example....coil eliminators. $69-$300. is this a part that should be low or high
    calipers- autozone or Karls?

and lets be real, if everyone had the ability to buy top tier stuff, they would of course. I probably could do it with my mod im building up, but would rather save 20-100 bucks for tires because ill surely burn through those

I've used auto zone calpers,But a couple of things I buy quality on are-Moog or howe on balljionts, tierods ,draglinks and good heims.Bilstein shocks give a good bang for the buck.

Big fan of the QA-1 ball-joints at half the price on start up from Howe. They will take a better beating than stock and the replacement pins at $19 are not much more that the off the shelf parts.

Sliders BSB, coil over anything basically, shocks, non bulb and base valve on some anyone, moog/QA1s joints, birdcages they're basically the same now price wise and same bearings, coils eibach/hypercoil, and don't know what else haha

all wehrs components, sliders birdcages etc.
    qa 1 bjs
    fk Teflon lined rod ends
    moog oem steering parts
    sweet box
    kse
    race gator trans
    napa calipers
    wildwood masters
    msd ignition
    afco radiator

cheap parts aren't worth it

If you took the all cheap parts off the market cause "it ain't worth it" then you would eliminate most of the racers.

The best way is the way guys used to do it....Make the parts yourself. Racing got real (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) expensive when "buying from a catalogue" prevailed over ingenuity and keeping up with the Jones's mentality.
    Last edited by Lizardracing; 11-23-2016 at 09:00 AM.

A note on parts, I would also watch whom I buy them from, MSD had issues with fakes, multiple safety companies as well, I only buy from companies directly or a local business I trust to be using the proper channels. Deals on the internet or eBay may end up being fakes.

Very good point Zero,I believe some parts I have purchased were counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    If you took the all cheap parts off the market cause "it ain't worth it" then you would eliminate most of the racers.

The best way is the way guys used to do it....Make the parts yourself. Racing got real (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) expensive when "buying from a catalogue" prevailed over ingenuity and keeping up with the Jones's mentality.
    This is a modified forum not some leaf spring street stock forum. I speculate nobody is making their own birdcages, sliders, coil over eliminators, pedals, etc.. Id love to see pics of your home made parts and trophys...

My list doesn't have ANY exotic or over priced parts it has QUALITY made brand name parts that are not CHEAP Chinese knock off junk... they will power you thru a season without failure. If you cant afford parts I listed you cant afford the modified class.

Anything with speedways name on it is a copy of someone elses work and is inferior junk. Speedway owns afco so now you have to be cautious and make sure you buy afco premium radiators not the discount cheap knock off.

Your ignorance is amazing....

Your ignorance is amazing....
    So were not going to see some pics of your home made parts?

No.
    I don't feel I need to prove my own worthiness or fabrication skills to you. I don't do it for you but instead for me.

No.
    I don't feel I need to prove my own worthiness or fabrication skills to you. I don't do it for you but instead for me.
    yeah no sense trying to establish some credibility on this forum you throw up all over on in every section of tech as if you race every class and have got the trophys to back it up..

Oh....I didn't know it was up to you to decide for other people if they liked my advice or not. Next time I'll fill out the "credibility" application and have them ask you if it's important to them.

I don't want to get into an argument on a chat board but if you would like some guidance give me a call any time 573-330-8462 I do a lot of consults and work with guys in all types of budgets. with that said generally you do get what you pay for but there are some things that give way more bang for the buck so to speak.
    EFR Motorsports / Team EERC
    www.teameerc.com
    erik@teameerc.com
    573-330-8462
    6103 Highway DD
    Farmington Mo 63640