Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Lucas rules

I would expect more funny, easily-circumvented rules to come from this. Especially if you believe in the weight advantage and have tens of thousands to burn.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

There wont be much rule change. That was only to get control of the #6 car. There will be another rule change when the NEW SHERRIFF gets a hold of the #0 car.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    There wont be much rule change. That was only to get control of the #6 car. There will be another rule change when the NEW SHERRIFF gets a hold of the #0 car.
    Don't be so sure. Lr unsprung weight is the new boogyman like traction control was 15 years ago.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Don't be so sure. Lr unsprung weight is the new boogyman like traction control was 15 years ago.
    I heard there doing something w rear axle tube or something to that effect.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Why do they keep insisting on chasing the Boogey-man? He doesn't exist and the rule book is getting fat & stupid while they grope around in the dark trying to grab him... "MARCO!"
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Why do they keep insisting on chasing the Boogey-man? He doesn't exist and the rule book is getting fat & stupid while they grope around in the dark trying to grab him... "MARCO!"
    The boogie man checks for chuck Norris under his bed before going to sleep every night.....just sayin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I heard there doing something w rear axle tube or something to that effect.
    Ever think of having a axle tube made of tungsten carbide?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Ever think of having a axle tube made of tungsten carbide?
    I'm sure someone has but it seems to me it would be a waste of money when you could achieve the same effect with bolt on weight. It'd be a helluva lot easier to move the weight around for different track conditions bolted on instead of forged into an axle tube... Once again, why bother making a rule on this when a cheaper equivalent solution is available? The heavy axles and the wheel spacers I understand better than bothering with an exotic axle tube, because they are easy to swap out for dampening engine torque in the slick.
    Politically Incorrect.

Aren't ISP seats full containment? If so they're legal..If not bolt on a $200 kit and go race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Aren't ISP seats full containment? If so they're legal..If not bolt on a $200 kit and go race.
    Yes they are. We were told that we might not be legal and have to send it back down to have it SFI rated...

Quote Originally Posted by MittenMadman View Post
    Yes they are. We were told that we might not be legal and have to send it back down to have it SFI rated...
    Was that before they announced that they had relaxed the SFI Requirements for this season? As I understood it was only needing to be full containment.

The drivers you are saying don't have $40k cars, are they not SLM? I don't often see All Alumnimum motors selling for under $20k, and a nice roller newer than 2013 is probably going to cost in the area of $20k as well all said and done. I don't think the $40k number is that ridiculous ($100k which is what some of the National guys are spending on the other hand...). I do know that there are a lot of guys running in less than a $40k car too, its not ideal and I think after the changes they made the rules make more sense. I don't think going from no rules one season, to restrictive rules the next is necessarily the best way to do things and I'm glad they changed it.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

What do u think Lucas oil, drug checking your drivers for safety or bolting a wheel cover on.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by racerb12 View Post
    What do u think Lucas oil, drug checking your drivers for safety or bolting a wheel cover on.
    I think the rule makers need to be drug tested. I'm NOT doing FC, period.

@W2 your assertion that if $40K is no biggie every year to an average team, whats another $10K for the new garb is in error. Most local teams don't buy a "New/Used" engine every season or a new/used car, they spent years accumulating and struggle to pay for rebuilds. IMHO, the roof line is too low and the c@ckpit is too confined to safely use FC seats in a DLM, especially for taller and/or larger drivers.

Once the concussions and neck injuries spike they'll make some other bonehead rule too. No thanks.
    Politically Incorrect.

I'm sure someone has but it seems to me it would be a waste of money when you could achieve the same effect with bolt on weight. It'd be a helluva lot easier to move the weight around for different track conditions bolted on instead of forged into an axle tube... Once again, why bother making a rule on this when a cheaper equivalent solution is available? The heavy axles and the wheel spacers I understand better than bothering with an exotic axle tube, because they are easy to swap out for dampening engine torque in the slick.
    Who's to say the axle tubes were the only thing made of this stuff? When these parts are made, they're always there. Not in the way, and no worries of them shifting. It makes sense to me.

@W2 your assertion that if $40K is no biggie every year to an average team, whats another $10K for the new garb is in error. Most local teams don't buy a "New/Used" engine every season or a new/used car, they spent years accumulating and struggle to pay for rebuilds. IMHO, the roof line is too low and the c@ckpit is too confined to safely use FC seats in a DLM, especially for taller and/or larger drivers.

Once the concussions and neck injuries spike they'll make some other bonehead rule too. No thanks.
    Not sure where the $10k number is coming from.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

IMHO, the roof line is too low and the c@ckpit is too confined to safely use FC seats in a DLM, especially for taller and/or larger drivers.

This has been a complaint from numerous racers. I think the only solution is to raise the minimum roof height. I never did understand those tight confined c0ckpits.
    8/13/16

Anyone else notice how many fuel cells have popped up for sale in recent weeks on some of the FB pages and other places?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by racerb12 View Post
    Apparently you've never seen one of them wheel covers fly off. What do you think a metal or heavy plastic wheel cover flying off a car does when it hits someone. It's a way bigger issue than the drug testing sh!t.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

The whole issue is the c0ckpit/halo, not the seats. I've not heard any proof that the seats have caused the injuries, or death. Lack of trained safety personnel, lack of halo room, and lack of properly fitted/modern safety equipment, yes.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    The whole issue is the c0ckpit/halo, not the seats. I've not heard any proof that the seats have caused the injuries, or death. Lack of trained safety personnel, lack of halo room, and lack of properly fitted/modern safety equipment, yes.
    There is actually little to no concrete evidence for any side of the argument. Head and neck injuries are on the rise. Why? Mods are still slower than lates of 10 years ago. There are injuries there too. Racers are way more concerned about going fast than being safe. Despite that, there is a lot of conventional wisdom concerning the suspension that is completely wrong. Go figure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1