Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Lucas rules

how many fans would show up if only 12 cars showed esp . now since JD left the series

Don't matter. It's Lucas, the lemmings flood the gates, no matter what. Who's JD?

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_wetter View Post
    don't matter. It's lucas, the lemmings flood the gates, no matter what. Who's jd?

joe.....dirt......
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

clayton doesn't know who JD time to go back to school

Quote Originally Posted by clayton_wetter View Post
    don't matter. It's lucas, the lemmings flood the gates, no matter what. Who's jd?
    i am sure you would ,but not me

Default Blue In The Face

Quote Originally Posted by MidTnDirtFan View Post
    I have a question........ with all this talk about seats and fire why hasn't something been said or done to make the drivers escape route easier???? In other words why can't they build a much taller roof and window opening?????? I know it might alter the aerodynamics but I think that if ALL CARS have to provide a larger exit area it would even out that aspect. Most drivers look like they need a shoe horn to get into and out of the car in normal conditions.
    Can someone answer that aspect????
    It appears the approach they want to adopt isn't improving es capability. They way I understand what I've been told is they want us confined in the car and we are to wait for them to come get us out with a blanket and Jaws if needed... The world is full of good intentions and I think these changes were well intended and come from a good place. However I will say again attempting to emulate NASCAR is an apples to oranges comparison. They have mirrors and radios and can effectively navigate with limited head movement utilizing these tools. Mirrors and radios are illegal for us for one, so we'd be racing with blinders on effectively. Second our greenhouse and c@ckp!t are much smaller and confined like you mentioned. I think they know if they suddenly made everyone's cars illegal by legislating higher roof lines and so forth that the cost would hinder a lot of teams ability to update, especially since a lot of builders these days only want to sell complete cars. That and the demand would over whelm the builders between now and february even if something could be worked out. Both avenues are pricey, but going with seats over updating cars I think they feel they is doing the most good. Sadly looking at whats already happened to people who've already adopted most of this equipment, it becomes clear that some of these changes(these safety devices) may in fact cause more harm to us, than it protects us from. Bottom line is you have to have the right tool for the job and I just don't think logically they've chosen the right tools to fix a perceived problem that may not exist in our form of racing. The fire stuff I think is a good idea. I think paying closer attention to how fuel systems are setup and what parts are used is acceptable. I'm not saying all this SFI stuff they are thrusting on us are the right parts, but looking at this area and making improvements isn't a bad thing.
    Politically Incorrect.

Sometimes people forget how to ask the racer how these rules affect them.These changes I think are designed around 12 or 14 racers that probably isn't going to buy any of these stuff .But it sure is trying to make the average racer pay for safety.and I have always said stupid can't be fixed.put a 5000. Seat in with small bolts,put lead on with tape,leave fuel cap off things happen sometime u live with mistakes sometimes u don't it's a part of life in general in what ever u do.if these rules get applied they should make all classes run under the same safety plan.that way we can all stay home and watch NASCAR rather than go dirt racing

Ok. Alot of new safety rules for the racer.Some good,some need tweaked. BUT... what about rules for promoters & tracks? Do they have the right size fire suppression system and the right extinguishing agent if they are letting cars run methanol (alcohol)? Has the track personnel been through proper training?I know tracks have an ambulance,not all tracks have a fire dept. at the track. Just something maybe the sanctioning bodies should consider.? Everybody needs included in Safety!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt18 View Post
    Ok. Alot of new safety rules for the racer.Some good,some need tweaked. BUT... what about rules for promoters & tracks? Do they have the right size fire suppression system and the right extinguishing agent if they are letting cars run methanol (alcohol)? Has the track personnel been through proper training?I know tracks have an ambulance,not all tracks have a fire dept. at the track. Just something maybe the sanctioning bodies should consider.? Everybody needs included in Safety!
    This is where the Series needs to have a list of minimum safety requirements the tracks need to meet.
    If they can't meet the safety requirements they do not get the race.

Reading some of the responses by some on here about the cost of safety it is obvious that they could care less about their selves, family members, other competitors, and the fans.
    If you can't afford safety equipment or refuse to buy whats required then do everyone a favor including yourself and find a new hobby.

I have to agree with minimum standards for tracks. I have heard one retired racer tell the fire crew not to interfere with the guys that will get him out of the crashed car the next time. He said the only reason they where at the track, was a free pit pass to see the races. I think he was right, in this particular instance. Some, very few do it right as far as training Safety crews and the equipment needed to rescue someone in a reasonable amount of time with out doing any harm.

Another thing is concrete walls jutting out where cars can get impaled on them at entrances and exits to the track.

Look at how the New Jersey State Police govern, enforce, and inspect tracks and race vehicles.

http://www.njsp.org/news/pdf/072307_...egulations.pdf

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    Reading some of the responses by some on here about the cost of safety it is obvious that they could care less about their selves, family members, other competitors, and the fans.
    If you can't afford safety equipment or refuse to buy whats required then do everyone a favor including yourself and find a new hobby.
    If your referring to me, I'm sorry we couldn't see eye to eye, but its NOT my or your place to tell a man what seat he's got to use, especially when there is evidence it may hurt him a dozen times over without ever having a crash. Demanding we use the same seats as NASCAR is just redonkulous. Even USAC gives you the option of FC or window nets. I guess air bags and anti-lock brakes are next...

I agree though, where are the safety mandates for the tracks???
    Politically Incorrect.

I would really like for somebody to tell me what is so wrong with slowing the cars down a little bit. We don't need 460 cubic inch 900 hp wide bore engines. We don't need all the aero body stuff going on. We don't need heavy lr parts. Soft tires aren't needed. Quit letting the big$$$ teams run the sport. I find it funny how a couple years ago a couple top drivers were whining about costs til they got bigger$$ from sponsors and everything was fine again. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    This is where the Series needs to have a list of minimum safety requirements the tracks need to meet.
    If they can't meet the safety requirements they do not get the race.

I think everyone in this thread cares about themselves and would like to do what they believe is right for them. If you race your car naked, you wouldn't endanger me in any way. Now nobody wants to spend money that they do not see improving their chances.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

^^^^^^^^ exactly ......

Dang it. Our '74 Monte Carlo seat is going to be illegal now?

If you are laying on your left side how will you get out of your car with today's style interiors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD2M4vV4NL8
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

To the few blaming Landers injury on his safety equipment, the doctors say it had no factor in it. http://www.onedirt.com/features/jare...health-update/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    To the few blaming Landers injury on his safety equipment, the doctors say it had no factor in it. http://www.onedirt.com/features/jare...health-update/
    Great. My argument is with escapability and concussion related injuries, I believe Landers had a torn Carotid Artery. Heard he's planning to return at Golden Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandClinicDoc View Post
    While there has been some speculation in the racing community about the potential that the injury may have been created due to restricted movement because of his restraints, Landers quickly indicated that the doctor dismissed this potential.

“Again Mark and I point blank asked the doctor if my safety devices might have caused the injury, and the doctor immediately told me the devices had no factor in my injury. He basically said that this injury was created from the sudden stop and that with or without my head restraint I would’ve suffered this injury because of how violent the wreck was.”
    So for those arguing his FC/HANS would've prevented this injury, the doc says "no". In that flip and impact he was getting this injury regardless, so no points for either side...
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 11-30-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Much discussed axle tube weight clamp

http://www.keysermanufacturing.com/c...eightClamp.png
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019