Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas rules

Default Lucas rules

http://lucasdirt.com/home/1798-lucas...nical-bulletin Looks like the price just went up to be able to run the series.

True, but rules that probably needed to happen

Some of these things are bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and are going to drive people out of the sport.

How so? They're looking out for the best interest of the drivers!

Keeping drivers safe while they race is not BS as you stated? If being safe keeps a driver out of the sport, then they have no business being involved anyways.

All of the series will adopt these rules. Since this announcement by Lucas, DirtCar and the Southern Nationals have announced they will also adopt these rules.

All agreed to release at noon today

Seriously?????? Why won't you have "everyone" of these safety rules? not wearing gloves, no containment seats, etc. It makes no sense not to have these items.

the main one i don't understand is the wheel cover hex bolt rule. Are flying wheel covers a low lying problem ive been oblivious too?

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Some of these things are bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and are going to drive people out of the sport.
    be honest did you vote for Hillary?
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    the main one i don't understand is the wheel cover hex bolt rule. Are flying wheel covers a low lying problem ive been oblivious too?
    They can be dangerous, like a flying saw blade, if they come off on the track. I have seen it happen many times. I remember for a long time in our area Dzus fasteners on mud plugs were illegal but guys started running them again a few years ago and now virtually everyone uses them. I heard rumblings last winter that the WoO sprints were going in this direction but never saw any move, maybe this is the start of that. Not a bad idea, just makes removing them during a flat a little more time consuming.

Yes. And it has been a concern from insurance companies for the tracks for some time. There were multiple injuries reported and claims paid for injuries from spectators being hit by a wheel cover.

One of the things we discussed is that the current retro-fit kits that are being manufactured utilize the same bolts as the bead lock itself. So it will be somewhat convenient for tooling as well.

It was just a matter of time before insurance companies began to require this stuff OR more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    They can be dangerous, like a flying saw blade, if they come off on the track. I have seen it happen many times. I remember for a long time in our area Dzus fasteners on mud plugs were illegal but guys started running them again a few years ago and now virtually everyone uses them. I heard rumblings last winter that the WoO sprints were going in this direction but never saw any move, maybe this is the start of that. Not a bad idea, just makes removing them during a flat a little more time consuming.
    May b they can give you 3mins to change flat instead of 2mins to compensate for bolt
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    100% correct.

Install your fuel line with flimsy aluminum fittings. But must buy a new fuel cell that costs 2.5x the one you have. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

As a local
    Crate racer I'm not spending over a $1000 for a new fuel cell just because my two year old one comes out the bottom?

The rules do not call for a regular containment seat, they call for a 39.2 seat. Hopefully they will amend that portion at the least, I will sell my car and move to another class before I buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    The rules do not call for a regular containment seat, they call for a 39.2 seat. Hopefully they will amend that portion at the least, I will sell my car and move to another class before I buy one.
    What's special about a 39.2 seat?

It's come down to a group of series leaders changing and mandating rules to kill the sport we all love. This maybe one of the days we remember a few years from now when there is very few racers left. These leaders need to wake up and understand that there is a certain amount of risk that comes with Motortsports. I am all for improving safety but it can't be at the cost of killing the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    It's come down to a group of series leaders changing and mandating rules to kill the sport we all love. This maybe one of the days we remember a few years from now when there is very few racers left. These leaders need to wake up and understand that there is a certain amount of risk that comes with Motortsports. I am all for improving safety but it can't be at the cost of killing the sport.
    If someone can afford an $40k (low end) SLM, but can't afford a full containment seat then there is a problem. These safety rules are already in effect on many cars, and they are such a comparatively small percentage of the overall cost of the car and everything that goes towards it.

So we replace dzus buttons with bolts with heads sticking out that could shear off and send the cover flying?? Makes absolutely no sense at all..