Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Lucas rules

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Apparently you've never seen one of them wheel covers fly off. What do you think a metal or heavy plastic wheel cover flying off a car does when it hits someone. It's a way bigger issue than the drug testing sh!t.
    Do away with them. Very simple. If someone bitches that they need them because of the cushion allow a berm buster on the RR. Its gotta be bolted between the beadlock ring and the wheel or made into the beadlock ring.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    Do away with them. Very simple. If someone bitches that they need them because of the cushion allow a berm buster on the RR. Its gotta be bolted between the beadlock ring and the wheel or made into the beadlock ring.
    Excellent ideas...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I guess I need to explain,i was just using the wheel cover as a example of all the safety rules coming out in the sport. I thought that if somebody wanted all these safety rules that Lucas oil should do the drug testing like the dirt group is.i sure don't want to be out there if somebody is out there with head support,3500.fuel cell 1000. Fire bottle and bolt on wheel cover, and etc. and is out of his mind on some form of drug. If they are looking for safety I would think they should start there to show how serious they are on safety.thats all I was trying to say

I'm amazed at what people are and aren't scared of, the real and the imagined. Its like the outcry about kids who get shot with a firearm, 100 kids will drown in a pool for every 1 that gets shot, that's a fact. But the media swarms in around guns and suddenly its the most urgent thing that needs dealing with. We had 2 deaths this year in super DLM that I am aware of, one burn victim unable to exit his car or be extricated and one internal injuries death. The burn victim probably would've benefited from the on board fire suppression, I can't argue with that, but my opinion is also his seat and the design of the c@ckpit hindered his escape too. The internal injuries death was not related to any of the safety devices now in vogue or mandated, it was just his time. The drug testing at best will only effect the following week and NOT protect anyone on the day of the impairment, but I was unaware of wide spread substance abuse on the national tour amongst drivers. To me this is just a tool that can be used at their discretion to discredit anyone they see fit. Take a sudafed before the race and they test you, BAM your a meth-head until proven otherwise. They can't handle tire testing to a satisfactory level why would anyone put their personal reputation in their fumbling hands? May I never darken the gates at a WoO event.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    I'm sure someone has but it seems to me it would be a waste of money when you could achieve the same effect with bolt on weight. It'd be a helluva lot easier to move the weight around for different track conditions bolted on instead of forged into an axle tube... Once again, why bother making a rule on this when a cheaper equivalent solution is available? The heavy axles and the wheel spacers I understand better than bothering with an exotic axle tube, because they are easy to swap out for dampening engine torque in the slick.
    http://hogantechnologies.com/left-re...els-modifieds/

Rules will be released in 2 or 3 days, could even be slightly sooner but most likely before the weeks out

Thank you, I get his emails too. Much appreciated. This is what happens when they make rules on things they don't understand. If you can find it Kevin Rumley's interview on the Dirt Nation podcast sheds even more light on things and makes a lot of sense, unlike the "Royal Rules Committee" and their logic.
    Politically Incorrect.