Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Francis

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    If nobody ran the National tours there wouldn't be as many big money races for the regional guys to run. The National tours (both of them) are one of the reasons that DLM racing is still able to support $100k race cars. A driver like Francis would be a good addition to the WoO, and is also valuable to the LOLMDS series. There is money to be made for 6-7 drivers on each tour as long as you are running a good operation (not frivolously spending money).

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    The national tours simply absorbed high paying races and in some cases (show me) made a joke of the old payout.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The Dixie Shootout is just another race on the Lucas schedule.It used to be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    The Dixie Shootout is just another race on the Lucas schedule.It used to be a big deal.
    Good point......it used to pay 55k to win.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I think all the tours major races either series is watered down

Make the Dixie Shootout Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The national tours simply absorbed high paying races and in some cases (show me) made a joke of the old payout.
    That definitely happens sometimes, but I think a lot of those regular old $10k to win shows would not occur without the tour(s) providing the star power. Tracks like Moler, Hibbing, Shawano, Winchester, Potomac, etc. would probably not have a $10k race. Hell, I'm not sure if Tyler Co. would have anything real big without the guarantee of the tour guys -- and right now they have three races paying over $8k per season. Aside from the WoO race the biggest payout Selinsgrove had was (I think) $3k. I'm not saying some tracks wouldn't still host big shows, but the amount of $8-$10k to win shows is much, much higher than it would be without the tours.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Could be a very lethal combination .......ought to be fun to watch
    Heard there's another very talented young driver from SC getting in a Capital for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by adamconners View Post
    Heard there's another very talented young driver from SC getting in a Capital for next year.
    If you are referring to Ross Bailes you would be correct.

Has a brand new Capital in the shop. Should debut it next year.

I keep forgetting he is from SC...........always loved the felony farms logo and sponsorships on his stuff.

Wheelman
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    If you are referring to Ross Bailes you would be correct.

Has a brand new Capital in the shop. Should debut it next year.

Wow thats interesting. He has always ran well in his longhorns. Good luck to him. He will still win his share in that capitol car
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

If you are referring to Ross Bailes you would be correct.Has a brand new Capital in the shop. Should debut it next year.
    Will he be with McCarter next year?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Will he be with McCarter next year?
    Yes will still be teamed with Felony Farms.

Still has the Longhorn as well.

I look for the Capital Race Car + Penske Shocks to be a good combination in 2017.

Yes will still be teamed with Felony Farms.Still has the Longhorn as well.I look for the Capital Race Car + Penske Shocks to be a good combination in 2017.
    ToyRacer, you seem to be in the know. Mind me asking how?

Sometimes all you have to do is act like you have some sense. The ones that are involved will come to you, not everyone on here can seem to figure that out though.

Quote Originally Posted by adamconners View Post
    ToyRacer, you seem to be in the know. Mind me asking how?
    I'm familar with several teams in the NC/SC area.

Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Good point......it used to pay 55k to win.
    It use to be 100 laps and the culmination of the HAT/UDTRA season championship. Now its just a stop on the Lucas tour prior to the DTWC. I wish the NDRL would've followed thru, we need the balance of power to keep everyone honest and considerate. Maybe the NDRL will rise again.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    It use to be 100 laps and the culmination of the HAT/UDTRA season championship. Now its just a stop on the Lucas tour prior to the DTWC. I wish the NDRL would've followed thru, we need the balance of power to keep everyone honest and considerate. Maybe the NDRL will rise again.
    The only thing the NDRL did was try to kill off the WoO. They completely worked around the LOLMDS series, and scheduled on top of the WoO just about every time they raced.

I think there are enough top shelf drivers and cars out there to support three National touring series (as in, no need to schedule around either series). If a new one were to pop up and run 30-35 shows $8-$10k to win each night and pick up some of the currently unsanctioned big shows then I think they would have enough drivers jump on board. With the NDRL i know Chris Madden, Kent Robinson, Max Blair, Mason Ziegler, Williams Thomas, and Bub McCool are all examples of guys who don't run on a National Tour now but were running for points in NDRL. Add in one or two more big names like Bobby Pierce, Dale McDowell, Jesse Stovall, or Gregg Satterlee and you would have a series that would be just a strong as the WoO or LOLMDS is. That would do nothing but help DLM racing.

Jeff, I usually agree with 90% of what you post on this board.....BUT in this case I feel the polar opposite about having a third national series. The sport is just fine with the LOLMS & WoO along with the strong handful of the current traveling regional series,..... I just don't think there is enough owners/cars to support a third in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Jeff, I usually agree with 90% of what you post on this board.....BUT in this case I feel the polar opposite about having a third national series. The sport is just fine with the LOLMS & WoO along with the strong handful of the current traveling regional series,..... I just don't think there is enough owners/cars to support a third in my opinion.
    I can definitely see how anyone would think that -- its hard to know for sure really one way or the other. The way I see it, I think there are drivers out there who have shown interest, or even started to run a series but ended up dropping off due to lack of success. Right now each tour can support about 12-14 drivers. I do think there are more than 28 drivers out there who have the ability, and ambition to run a National tour. I think of guys like Blair, Ferguson, Mcintosh, Diemel, Stovall, etc. who could definitely make some noise if there was room for them. In my opinion a third series would be a big benefit, as long as it did not partner up (and push out) one of the existing series. After all, more money on the table is always good. If you want a close to home example of that, just look at 2014 when the NDRL raced at Winchester for $10,000.00 to win, they also hosted the WoO later that year for another $10,000.00 to win show. That was two $10k to win shows at Winchester in one season, now they only run one. Less money to be had by the drivers over all.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I'm familar with several teams in the NC/SC area.Why do you ask?
    Just curious, as it was obvious you knew someone as I was told that was pretty tight-lipped info.