Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Francis

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    The only thing the NDRL did was try to kill off the WoO. They completely worked around the LOLMDS series, and scheduled on top of the WoO just about every time they raced.

I think there are enough top shelf drivers and cars out there to support three National touring series (as in, no need to schedule around either series). If a new one were to pop up and run 30-35 shows $8-$10k to win each night and pick up some of the currently unsanctioned big shows then I think they would have enough drivers jump on board. With the NDRL i know Chris Madden, Kent Robinson, Max Blair, Mason Ziegler, Williams Thomas, and Bub McCool are all examples of guys who don't run on a National Tour now but were running for points in NDRL. Add in one or two more big names like Bobby Pierce, Dale McDowell, Jesse Stovall, or Gregg Satterlee and you would have a series that would be just a strong as the WoO or LOLMDS is. That would do nothing but help DLM racing.
    As much as you may think so because it's woo, I can assure you that wasn't the ndrl business model...........some of the folks involved in that deal don't operate that way and never will.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The only thing the NDRL did was try to kill off the WoO. They completely worked around the LOLMDS series, and scheduled on top of the WoO just about every time they raced.

I think there are enough top shelf drivers and cars out there to support three National touring series (as in, no need to schedule around either series). If a new one were to pop up and run 30-35 shows $8-$10k to win each night and pick up some of the currently unsanctioned big shows then I think they would have enough drivers jump on board. With the NDRL i know Chris Madden, Kent Robinson, Max Blair, Mason Ziegler, Williams Thomas, and Bub McCool are all examples of guys who don't run on a National Tour now but were running for points in NDRL. Add in one or two more big names like Bobby Pierce, Dale McDowell, Jesse Stovall, or Gregg Satterlee and you would have a series that would be just a strong as the WoO or LOLMDS is. That would do nothing but help DLM racing.
    I too thought that a third national series would be fine. It wasn't. It wasn't a lack of drivers that was the issue, it was the lack of fans at their races which lead to an unsustainable business model.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    As much as you may think so because it's woo, I can assure you that wasn't the ndrl business model...........some of the folks involved in that deal don't operate that way and never will.
    I should rephrase, I don't think it was the intent to try to kill WoO but it seemed that working with one tour, and against another seems to be what actually occurred. I went to a few NDRL shows and it seemed to be similar to going to an LOLMDS race (LOLMDS lite?). Bloomquist, Blankenship, Francis, O'Neal, but there was no Owens, but there was Madden in exchange... etc. I think if three series were to ever work they would need to be three separate series existing in the same way that the current two do now (IE: Not depending on each others drivers and not worrying about scheduling around each other aside from big races). It is worth noting that I was not a huge fan of the WoO back then (2014 was the year of Lanigan -- literally nobody else did anything on that tour).

I should rephrase, I don't think it was the intent to try to kill WoO but it seemed that working with one tour, and against another seems to be what actually occurred. I went to a few NDRL shows and it seemed to be similar to going to an LOLMDS race (LOLMDS lite?). Bloomquist, Blankenship, Francis, O'Neal, but there was no Owens, but there was Madden in exchange... etc. I think if three series were to ever work they would need to be three separate series existing in the same way that the current two do now (IE: Not depending on each others drivers and not worrying about scheduling around each other aside from big races). It is worth noting that I was not a huge fan of the WoO back then (2014 was the year of Lanigan -- literally nobody else did anything on that tour).
    There was Owens till he got nailed for tires. I don't think a third series is sustainable, sh!t is just too expensive and not enough people with loads of cash to pi$$ away.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.