Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Francis

Default Steve Francis

Per DoD, Francis will has split from Tim Logan and will run on his own again. Sponsorship will determine whether he runs the LOLMS or WoO in 2017. Anyone surprised by this announcement?

Nope.....zyoung announced it a couple weeks ago. Details people were waiting on is chassis choice, engine builder and major sponsorship

If he's smart he won't run either, just like I would encourage anybody to unless their big sponsor wanted otherwise. Stay close to the house, win some races, make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    If he's smart he won't run either, just like I would encourage anybody to unless their big sponsor wanted otherwise. Stay close to the house, win some races, make some money.
    If nobody ran the National tours there wouldn't be as many big money races for the regional guys to run. The National tours (both of them) are one of the reasons that DLM racing is still able to support $100k race cars. A driver like Francis would be a good addition to the WoO, and is also valuable to the LOLMDS series. There is money to be made for 6-7 drivers on each tour as long as you are running a good operation (not frivolously spending money).

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Of course he would be good for THEM, but would they be good for HIM?

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Of course he would be good for THEM, but would they be good for HIM?
    I think the WoO would be a little bit more friendly for him (I think there is more room in the 3-8 category than there is in the LOLMDS at this point). I do think it opens the door for more sponsorship, it keeps drivers sharp (look at guys like Tyler Erb, Eric Wells, and others who run the tour and then go back home and win big races) and it definitely pays out the most money. Especially in the area Francis lives, there are not a whole lot of huge paying races. He could probably run for $3-$4k every weekend (but he would still have to do a considerable amount of travelling to accomplish that) but I'm sure he would much rather be picking up $1k+ every time he unloads just to start (with start money, and full time bonuses) along with a share of a huge year end point fund.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

We'll see, I hope the best for him, and everybody else for that matter.

I would like to see Steve Francis on the WoO tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Nope.....zyoung announced it a couple weeks ago. Details people were waiting on is chassis choice, engine builder and major sponsorship
    Capital race cars cornett power

Quote Originally Posted by jshawn81 View Post
    Capital race cars cornett power
    Could be a very lethal combination .......ought to be fun to watch
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Wasn't the travel schedule the reason he dropped off the WoO tour? A lot more travel vs. the Lucas tour.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    A lot more travel vs. the Lucas tour.
    It really isn't anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

He didn't set the world on fire with TLR the last time they were together before he went to Barry Wright, so it's probably not a bad move. I hope he finds whatever he's lost, and gets back to being a contender every time he pulls into the lot.

Marlar and Clanton win in the Capital cars, and I understand he's pretty good friends with Clanton anyway, so maybe he can get some feedback and get a competitive car. You can never go wrong with Cornett or Clements power no matter what chassis you throw them in.

Finally, it's good to know there are people on the board who actually provide solid info, not baseless rumors. Thanks to those of you who gave us the heads up a week or two ago.
    Last edited by NormP; 11-09-2016 at 09:45 PM.

The Capitol program is no joke......drop the Cornett in it .......pfffffffffffttttttt

Outa there like a fat kid in dodgeball.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Finally, it's good to know there are people on the board who actually provide solid info, not baseless rumors. Thanks to those of you who gave us the heads up a week or two ago.
    I won't name any names, but like I've said before. Theres a lot more eyes on this place that are in the industry than what most people think on here. The source of my info is a member on here. If it wasn't for the idiots on here this place would probably be booming with inside info, which is what I'm here for mainly, but instead it turns into fights about people's wifes, or man regions. Who would want to associate with that?

All in all it sounds like Steve has set himself up good for next year, he has the best equipment and is working tight with Green/Clanton and his shock builder to have a better year.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I won't name any names, but like I've said before. Theres a lot more eyes on this place that are in the industry than what most people think on here. The source of my info is a member on here.
    Yeah a member here told me about the capitol chassis last week in a pm, so I know the info is here if you can talk to the right people. Its just too bad it has to be passed through PMs to keep it from getting derailed into another thread full of the same 3-4 men flirting with each other and disguising it as fighting.

I hope Francis has finally hit on something. He's still plenty young enough to make an impact at the track.

Like I said last year, Steve is at the point where he should be running locally for $5K to $10K. Lots of racing around50-150miles from his home to where he doesn't have to travel as much and potentially win. Look this guy is not a spring chicken, balls have shrunk a bit and he needs to realize that he can't hang with the elite teams anymore.

Come on in the gas if that's really true get a 5 point harness and a race car and see if he don't wax ya a couple laps

Francis is one of the good guys and I wish him the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It really isn't anymore.
    As long as their not running up in Canada
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!