Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jared Landers

Post Jared Landers

anyone know how the healing is going for Jared? Hope to see him behind the wheel in 2017

I've heard from a couple different people that he is done.

Done for good???

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Done for good???
    That's the word. Heard it at the world, and again just a couple weeks ago. Now how much truth there is to it, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    That's the word. Heard it at the world, and again just a couple weeks ago. Now how much truth there is to it, not sure.
    I'd imagine having an injury that kills most people changes the way a man thinks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did retire from driving.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I'd imagine having an injury that kills most people changes the way a man thinks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did retire from driving.
    The story I heard at the world was, theres something in his neck or shoulder that could possibly paralyze him if he gets hit the right way while he's strapped in the car.

Now like I said, how much truth there is to that, I don't know for sure.

If that is true, nothing to be ashamed about. Young man, gave it his all, settle down, build a family, it's all good. And it always helps when money doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    The story I heard at the world was, theres something in his neck or shoulder that could possibly paralyze him if he gets hit the right way while he's strapped in the car. Now like I said, how much truth there is to that, I don't know for sure.
    he had a torn carotid artery that isn't healing as fast as they thought it would that's what kept him from coming back out at Knoxville, could possibly never heal 100% lets hope for the best for his recovery even if he doesn't get back in a car
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

sucks to hear for Jared.. Remember not to long back Essex used to say Landers tried winning race during hot laps now he might be forced to retire when he was really starting to figure things out...

I hate to hear that. I hope the status of his injury improves. Kind of reminds me of Josh McGuire. Both very lucky to be alive with injuries that usually result in death. Josh made the best of it and started a family. Thoughts and Prayers to Jared and family.
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**

Good luck to him. Maybe he can mentor Gavin.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Really hope to see Jared back,even bloomquist said it was good information watching someone e drive his cars totally different than him,and yet winning races. I think Jared was really close to becoming a superstar. Hope he makes it back.

It's not like he has to race to put food on the table! He has a lot to loo$e. A dangerous hobby, made even more dangerous by an injury is enough to make anyone think long & hard about it. Someone has to oversee the Landers empire long term! He is missed & has came a long way in his racing career. Good luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    It's not like he has to race to put food on the table! He has a lot to loo$e. A dangerous hobby, made even more dangerous by an injury is enough to make anyone think long & hard about it. Someone has to oversee the Landers empire long term! He is missed & has came a long way in his racing career. Good luck to him!
    Well said.

Good luck to Jared, but yes, the Landers business stuff, plus wife and kid. More important than racing.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Well said.Good luck to Jared, but yes, the Landers business stuff, plus wife and kid. More important than racing.
    Very true^^^^^
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Looks like he will be back next year, that is great news. From reading the article on MSR, it almost sounded like he even thought his racing career was over.

It's good he'll be back. It seems we have more walking away than we do up and comers, we need Jared back.

According to what I read he will return down south at Golden isles speedway
    I am what I am

Glad to hear hes coming back.

Don't know if anybody remember Wesley Hood a young driver on the verge of stardom. He's dad owns a very large grading company and was wanting to racing nationally. But Wesley decided to quit. He's reason was that one day he was going to inherent a multi million dollar business so why risk it all by getting hurt in a racecar. Some people have the talent but not the passion. If you do have the passion you will risk everything. The smart one that realize that they don't can see the big picture.