Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    To me, it's not the series dieing, it's the $$$ Lucas is pouring into a number of racing endeavors. That goes away and it's bad for racing (last I checked there isn't tons of companies clamoring to be on the side of a Late Model, Sprint or Modfied (or a NASCAR Cup car for that matter, more companies are leaving them every year).
    When the dollars dry up for the 1% crowd, the costs go down for everyone else. That money only reaches a handful of teams. It does nothing for the average racer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Seems speculation and assumptions and a few stirring the pot with them are the source of all the hate. Has anyone heard Trump say he didn't like a ethnic group? He did say he didn't like people coming into this country illegally. With good cause. It lowers the base pay of every one with a job in this country. This slows the circulation of money. Therefore it hurts our economy. The big thing is, It's illegal. That is far different than being racist against Central and South American people.

Since it is very hard to vote against your own pocket book, we may speculate as to What a Oil Man would do in this position, but it's only speculation. Lucas seems to be a very intelligent person, going by his achievements. I believe he would make intelligent decisions. The ego of trump makes me believe, he will do anything he can to prove he can make America great again. It also makes you believe he won't stand for decisions that are bad for us. I'll give him a chance. I gave Obama a chance, till he let the insurance companies write the Affordable Care Act and put a hardship on about 1/3 of the labor in this country. The lower 1/3 can not afford Insurance and they can't afford the fine they will get in April and still not have insurance. Obama Care did some good things, but not to address cost in any way, was not one of them. Just ask,, why you can not buy from any other state. Competition brings prices down. Insurance companies don't want competition. It makes you wonder, how much they donated to get that bill passed.

As long as people want racing and racers want to race, we will have racing.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When the dollars dry up for the 1% crowd, the costs go down for everyone else. That money only reaches a handful of teams. It does nothing for the average racer.
    The 1% crowd doesn't fool with late models.

Other than Forrest Lucas, I can't think of anyone involved in late models that would approach the top 1% of moneymakers in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post

Other than Forrest Lucas, I can't think of anyone involved in late models that would approach the top 1% of moneymakers in the country.
    I don't know what number you have to be to be a one percenter, but people like Boyer,Baird,and that labonte crowd have to be down in the cul de sac somewhere.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Forrest Lucas will do the right thing for racing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I don't know what number you have to be to be a one percenter, but people like Boyer,Baird,and that labonte crowd have to be down in the cul de sac somewhere.
    cul de sac a couple hundred miles away maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I'm talking the true 1%er Warren Buffet/Carl Icahn/Bill Gates crowd.

Boyer, Baird, Reece, Harrod, those are just wealthy guys that like late models. Definitely rich, but not the 1% like the news and whiny college kids refer to.

They are probably the 1% of dirt late models though.

I was talking about 1% of LM racers. But, it only takes around a half million to be top 1% in the US.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Clint Bowyer, and up until 2 years ago, Don Blankenship...
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Boyer, Baird, Reece, Harrod, those are just wealthy guys that like late models. Definitely rich, but not the 1% like the news and whiny college kids refer to.

Those guys are the .01%. The absolute top of the bell curve. The wouldn't put money into racing, because we all know Motorsports operations are not moneymaking ventures. NFL franchises are another story entirely, and it's why many billionaires clamor for NFL (or Premiere League) franchises. Those types of sports ventures are a sure moneymaker, and also give the billionaires a competitive rooting interest against other billionaires.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I was talking about 1% of LM racers.
    Yeah, the Baird or Bowyer types like Barbecueboy mentioned. But I think you're always going to have those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    cul de sac a couple hundred miles away maybe
    The one percenters have very large lots....

Got it......bill gates probably has a full 4/10 track with full life size remote control 850 hp late models.

lmao like my brother but he didn't may that much you know location location loacation