Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Forrest Lucas and Trump

Saw on a Trump website that Forrest Lucas in being considered for appointment to the Secretary of Interior.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RRRKKK View Post
    Saw on a Trump website that Forrest Lucas in being considered for appointment to the Secretary of Interior.
    seen that yesterday as well. How about that. A motorsports person in the white house / on the presidential staff.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Look up protect the harvest

That would be great!!! Dirt tracks all over US need protections against EPA and Liberal A-holes trying to get them shutdown for noise and other crap like that!!! I hope Trump $hit cans liberals out the EPA, VA, DOJ and DOD

Enviro wackos are going nuts that an 'oil man' may become secretary of the interior.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Enviro wackos are going nuts that an 'oil man' may become secretary of the interior.
    It's time that we start drilling all of our own oil in the gulf and Alaska, build more refineries, then give the middle east a giant middle finger.

You got that right gear head

I like this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    only because they are assuming and you know what happens when you assume

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    only because they are assuming and you know what happens when you assume

Yeah we do Litey you either end up face down a$$ up on a sidewalk in stlouis for one of the Homo's of StLouis to step up Behind you or Else Johnny Huck and Sergio Cum pay you a visit!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

wtf does that mean

Quote Originally Posted by nasty55 View Post
    yeah we do litey you either end up face down a$$ up on a sidewalk in stlouis for one of the homo's of stlouis to step up behind you or else johnny huck and sergio cum pay you a visit!!
    lmao.............................................. .................................

Where is the "Like" button? I like everything in this thread!!

They are shutting down the NHRA team and one of the reasons is his possible appointment. This may not be good news for racing...

Quote Originally Posted by perverton View Post
    wtf does that mean
    It means you need to check into a mental ward!!!

I did and found you there ,you need to wear pants more often

This is bad for a multitude of reasons.

Reason #1, HUGE conflict of interest as he's the CEO of an Oil Company and the Dept of the Interior's job is to protect lands. This just means more stagnation in Congress and nothing getting accomplished.

Reason #2 - means he has to step away from his business. That means whoever he hires to be CEO could say that racing is a waste of their advertising $$'s and do away with Lucas Oil LM's, ASCS Sprints, Motocross, Drag Boats, Tractor Pulls, etc., etc., etc.. Bad for racing.

Reason #3 - it's short term (8 years max, 4 years if only 1 term and less than 4 years if Trump changes his mind) - so lose his support of racing for an appointment that could go away in a year (or take 3 years to get through Congress and then Trump not get re-elected at all and he's replaced by someone else).

Reason #4 - no offense to others on here, but he's no spring chicken. Seems like EVERYONE in the Government skews to the above 60 age bracket (and a lot above age 70). How is this good? At some point we have to start getting some younger people in there (what's the average age of Congress, 70??).

I personally am an independent, I've voted Republican, Democrat and 3rd Party in my lifetime. Sometimes the people I've voted for have won, sometimes they haven't, but everytime I've always given the victor a chance to prove themselves. Unfortunately, that didn't happen with most people with the last President and won't with this one either.

Sadly there is so much hate (on both sides) that they have blinded themselves to facts. Same thing will happen with Trump I'm afraid and we'll go through this all again in 4 or 8 years. And until the people get their heads out of their a$$e$ and realize the President has no power to change law (that lies with Congress), that nothing will change. We keep electing the same worthless people to the House and Senate and expect change because we elected a new President....

I can't see the end of LOLMDS as any kind of catastrophe for late model racing.

When series I liked died, racing continued on.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-14-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I can't see the end of LOLMDS as any kind of catastrophe for late model racing.

When series I liked died, racing continued on.
    To me, it's not the series dieing, it's the $$$ Lucas is pouring into a number of racing endeavors. That goes away and it's bad for racing (last I checked there isn't tons of companies clamoring to be on the side of a Late Model, Sprint or Modfied (or a NASCAR Cup car for that matter, more companies are leaving them every year).