Default Strictly A Hypothetical

Everyone knows that Fairbury American Legion Speedway is one of, if not the best weekly dirt late model track in the country. That could be up for debate from a few other tracks but basically FALS is regarded as no less than one of the best. Kokomo, IN is just as highly regarded as a wingless sprint car and midget track.

In light of the recent announcement of the merger of POWRi midget series and Casey Shuman's WAR (Wingless Auto Racing) 410 wingless sprint series, hypothetically speaking, would the hard core loyal Fairbury fans and the hard core loyal Kokomo Speedway fans support a home and home type schedule? Let's throw in the UMP modified's, too. In other words, if there was a way to get a two event series involving some of the best regional UMP dirt late model cars and drivers from Fairbury and some of the best regional POWRi midget cars and drivers and some of the best regional WAR wingless sprint cars and drivers and some of the best modified drivers all at the same events at Kokomo and Fairbury would the fans of the respective tracks support it sufficiently?

Fairbury will have the infrastructure in place going into the 2017 racing season to support full on 410 sprinters. Let's say the sprinters and late models paid $6,000.00 to win, the midgets paid $4,000.00 to win and the modified's paid $2,000.00 to win at both Fairbury and Kokomo.

I'd just about wager my lunch money that a show such as these would be strongly supported by the Kokomo fans and considering how good the POWRi midgets were at Fairbury last July the support just might be there from the Fairbury faithful.

Let's throw this deal into the mix. Lets say each track would offer a $25,000.00 bonus to anyone who wins all 4 features at the same event. $10,000.00 to anyone who wins 3 of the 4 features. The odds are long of that happening but it would provide some incentive to see who might try to pull it off.

It would have to be scheduled at a time that wouldn't in any way interfere with Indiana Sprint Week or the Prairie Dirt Classic or the late model Summer Nationals. That would leave a scheduling window of from Memorial Day Weekend to the last week of June or the weekend following the PDC up until the second weekend of August.

Two very good tracks like Fairbury and Kokomo, who know how to run a show and prepare a track, would provide some very good dirt racing entertainment for a broad spectrum of race fan.

Maybe it's not doable but how cool would it be if it was. I can dream, can't I. LOL!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-13-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Everyone knows that Fairbury American Legion Speedway is one of, if not the best weekly dirt late model track in the country. That could be up for debate from a few other tracks tracks but basically FALS is regarded as no less than one of the best. Kokomo, IN is just as highly regarded as a wingless sprint car and midget track.

In light of the recent announcement of the merger of POWRi midget series and Casey Shuman's WAR (Wingless Auto Racing) 410 wingless sprint series, hypothetically speaking, would the hard core loyal Fairbury fans and the hard core loyal Kokomo Speedway fans support a home and home type schedule? Let's throw in the UMP modified's, too. In other words, if there was a way to get a two event series involving some of the best regional UMP dirt late model cars and drivers from Fairbury and some of the best regional POWRi midget cars and drivers and some of the best regional WAR wingless sprint cars and drivers and some of the best modified drivers all at the same events at Kokomo and Fairbury would the fans or the respective tracks support it sufficiently?

Fairbury will have the infrastructure in place going into the 2017 to support full on 410 sprinters. Let's say the sprinters and late models paid $6,000.00 to win, the midgets paid $4,000.00 to win and the modified's paid $2,000.00 to win at both Fairbury and Kokomo.

I'd just about wager my lunch money that a show such as these would be strongly supported by the Kokomo fans and considering how good the POWRi midgets were at Fairbury last July the support just might be there from the Fairbury faithful.

Let's throw this deal into the mix. Lets say each track would offer a $25,000.00 bonus to anyone who wins all 4 features at the same event. $10,000.00 to anyone who wins 3 of the 4 features. The odds are long of that happening but it would provide some incentive to see who might try to pull it off.

It would have to be scheduled at a time that wouldn't in any way interfere with Indiana Sprint Week or the Prairie Dirt Classic or the late model Summer Nationals. That would leave a scheduling window of from Memorial Day Weekend to the last week of June or the weekend following the PDC up until the second weekend of August.

Two very good tracks like Fairbury and Kokomo, who know how to run a show and prepare a track, would provide some very good dirt racing entertainment for a broad spectrum of race fan.

Maybe it's not doable but how cool would it be if it was. I can dream, can't I. LOL!!
    I'd support this idea in a heart beat.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I'd support this idea in a heart beat.
    HDF, I appreciate your vote of confidence.

I'm sure you've attended racing at Kokomo far more frequently than I. Would you agree that Kokomo is to Indiana what Fairbury is to Illinois? I always have gotten that impression the times that I've been there. I always got the same feeling about Kokomo as I have gotten at Fairbury, and I've attended literally many dozens of events at Fairbury.

Given the fact that the O'Connor's are helping out with the new catch fence at Fairbury there must be a positive relationship between the management of the two tracks. Maybe they're working on something as we speak, if so that would be great.

I am cognizant of circumstances that might well work against a two race series such as I outline but boy, wouldn't it be a hell of a happening?!!

HDF, I appreciate your vote of confidence.

I'm sure you've attended racing at Kokomo far more frequently than I. Would you agree that Kokomo is to Indiana what Fairbury is to Illinois? I always have gotten that impression the times that I've been there. I always got the same feeling about Kokomo as I have gotten at Fairbury, and I've attended literally many dozens of events at Fairbury.

Given the fact that the O'Connor's are helping out with the new catch fence at Fairbury there must be a positive relationship between the management of the two tracks. Maybe they're working on something as we speak, if so that would be great.

I am cognizant of circumstances that might well work against a two race series such as I outline but boy, wouldn't it be a hell of a happening?!!
    I would agree with that first paragraph.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Look for an announcement soon

Count me in as well. POWRi always puts on a good show when I catch them at haubstadt. I've never been to FALS, and this deal would probably push me over the edge on making the trip. Great idea CIRF.

Announcement has been made

I'm salivating...
    Politically Incorrect.

Given the fact that the O'Connor's are helping out : Q .. You know if they are part of it it will be run the right way....

Cardirt0, the O'Connors are only involved with the new fence project, not any of the racing events.

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    Cardirt0, the O'Connors are only involved with the new fence project, not any of the racing events.
    Thats what you say... But I know them Well, And if they are helping with this .. Means they may be helping with more...If they show up to do one thing, I bet that they have more Planed .. And a bet on them doing more would put cash in my pants p... Its not all ways money (Even though they like making it) with them Its Racing.....

That's what I know. I've corrected you (and ptown) on various things before in regards to FALS.

Guess what...I'm on the FALS race committee.

Just wish people would be factual in their posts. It would make all forums so much better. Spreading false info/rumors etc does nobody any good.

That's what I know. I've corrected you (and ptown) on various things before in regards to FALS.

Just wish people would be factual in their posts. It would make all forums so much better. Spreading false info/rumors etc does nobody any good.
    Hmmm. I reckon ya'll oughta' practice whatcha' preach.

Did not say it was true I said maybe.. Are you the Head of the place.... you may not even know yet..... And i know the O'Connor's,,, If they have helped with this they have a plans you just may not know it yet....I have been told No No No and then the next day someone says yes... Maybe I know something you dont....being on the Race committee dont mean they tell you ever thing...Been on a race committee be for and some times I was the last to know....

You haven't corrected me on anything, you have a love affair with the 2500 dollar anthem guy and I think he's a hustler.

Hmmm. I reckon ya'll oughta' practice whatcha' preach.
    Life is a Box of chocolate dont mean I have to eat the peanut ones that i dont like.. CIRF that would never happen some people just know it all... LOL