Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Something we need to teach our children.

We need to change what we teach regarding civics in America. We are badly misleading our children into thinking this is a Democracy, which is one person, one vote and the majority wins.

When we have 2 elections in 16 years for the leader of this nation that the person who didn't get the most votes won, it's time to stop telling our kids this is a Democracy. No, it isn't. It is a power focussed electoral system and those in power get to use legislation to ensure they remain in power regardless of the majority's choice.

The Victory goes to whomever manages to shape the elections so that they win. I don't know if there is a word for that, but in our nation, it is what a very clever Republican party with lots of money has done. We are almost to a point where elections don't even matter any more with the way the Republicans stack the deck in their favor.

read the news he did win both popular and electoral votes stacking the elections now that's funny coming from a democrat with their voter fraud

We live in a Representative Republic. We vote Democratically for our Representatives (that's why each state has a different # of Representatives, but each State has 2 Senators each (and why we have 2 houses of Congress).

What needs to happen is CIVICS CLASS Actually be taught to our youth. That is what is missing. I learned all this in 8th grade. I have a daughter who is a Junior in High School, Civics Class isn't even required in Middle or High School (and may not even be available)....but then again, the "No Child Left Behind Act" made schools choose math and science over basic learning (and most kids still don't score high on the tests to get funding).

We lost track of BASICS that we should be teaching all our kids and instead have focused on something because another Country has better test scores than we do (forgetting that they don't test everyone, just the kids they have in specializes math and science courses).

Hillary did as much to get trump elected as trump did himself...........just sayin.

They were both terrible choices IMO........one just less terrible than the other.

Had the dems put sanders on the ticket, Donald would not have stood a chance......IMO.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by vande077 View Post
    We live in a Representative Republic. We vote Democratically for our Representatives (that's why each state has a different # of Representatives, but each State has 2 Senators each (and why we have 2 houses of Congress).

What needs to happen is CIVICS CLASS Actually be taught to our youth. That is what is missing. I learned all this in 8th grade. I have a daughter who is a Junior in High School, Civics Class isn't even required in Middle or High School (and may not even be available)....but then again, the "No Child Left Behind Act" made schools choose math and science over basic learning (and most kids still don't score high on the tests to get funding).

We lost track of BASICS that we should be teaching all our kids and instead have focused on something because another Country has better test scores than we do (forgetting that they don't test everyone, just the kids they have in specializes math and science courses).
    Well said vande.......well said.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I just love the whining and pining over the electoral college. tnie, in your not so subtle way you're whining but you left yourself some awkwardly placed plausible deniability by blathering about how we need to teach the kids about the lack of pure democracy without coming out and expressing your hatred for the electoral college.

All ya' have to do is start a nationwide movement to abandon the electoral college and elect the president based on popular vote. That way the urban inbred's that live within 100 miles of the coast's can elect the president every time. Jump on right on that tnie, get the ball rolling. It only takes a super majority of both houses of congress and the affirmative vote of the citizens of a minimum of 38 states to pass a constitutional amendment that would do away with the electoral college. LOL!!

It ain't gonna' happen, and it shouldn't happen. The founders got it right but when it don't go tnie's way the electoral college is bad. I'm gonna' go out on a limb and predict that tnie wouldn't be upset with the electoral college if his girl the rapist enabler and defender had won without winning the popular vote. LOL!

Just take a look at the county by county results. Not a whole lot of blue except for along both coasts and a smattering here and there in other places.. Should we allow the urban inbred's to rule these elections? I don't think so, tnie.

Last edited by CIRF; 11-14-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I just love the whining and pining over the electoral college. tnie, in your not so subtle way you're whining but you left yourself some awkwardly placed plausible deniability by blathering about how we need to teach the kids about the lack of pure democracy without coming out and expressing your hatred for the electoral college.

All ya' have to do is start a nationwide movement to abandon the electoral college and elect the president based on popular vote. That way the urban inbred's that live within 100 miles of the coast's can elect the president every time. Jump on right on that tnie, get the ball rolling. It only takes a super majority of both houses of congress and the affirmative vote of the citizens of a minimum of 38 states to pass a constitutional amendment that would do away with the electoral college. LOL!!

It ain't gonna' happen, and it shouldn't happen. The founders got it right but when it don't go tnie's way the electoral college is bad. I'm gonna' go out on a limb and predict that tnie wouldn't be upset with the electoral college if his girl the rapist enabler and defender had won without winning the popular vote. LOL!

Just take a look at the county by county results. Not a whole lot of blue except for along both coasts and a smattering here and there in other places.. Should we allow the urban inbred's to rule these elections? I don't think so, tnie.

In simpler terms..........he's just a sore loser!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Whine, cry, safe spaces?? This is beyond pathetic. Colleges suck. They are destroying the fabric of our youthful society. Colleges having cry ins. Good Grief, what a bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    We need to change what we teach regarding civics in America. We are badly misleading our children into thinking this is a Democracy, which is one person, one vote and the majority wins.

When we have 2 elections in 16 years for the leader of this nation that the person who didn't get the most votes won, it's time to stop telling our kids this is a Democracy. No, it isn't. It is a power focussed electoral system and those in power get to use legislation to ensure they remain in power regardless of the majority's choice.

The Victory goes to whomever manages to shape the elections so that they win. I don't know if there is a word for that, but in our nation, it is what a very clever Republican party with lots of money has done. We are almost to a point where elections don't even matter any more with the way the Republicans stack the deck in their favor.
    Your pathetic. I thought you would man up, but I guess I was wrong. there are RULES to elections SON. Just because your side didn't win, that is no reason weep and sob. GOOD GRIEF

Come on, enough with the sour grapes...she lost fair and square and she has no one to blame but herself... she had the private server and she screwed up the Bengasi deal and she is the one that lied about everything.... us regular Americans just had enough... no clear thinking individual should have ever voted for her and her criminal ways which will be borne out at a later date... you didn't have to vote for Trump, but you never should have voted for the criminal... and that will be all I say about that....

I have a feeling that teany is on Soros' payroll!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

We need to change what we teach regarding civics in America. We are badly misleading our children into thinking this is a Democracy, which is one person, one vote and the majority wins.When we have 2 elections in 16 years for the leader of this nation that the person who didn't get the most votes won, it's time to stop telling our kids this is a Democracy. No, it isn't. It is a power focussed electoral system and those in power get to use legislation to ensure they remain in power regardless of the majority's choice.The Victory goes to whomever manages to shape the elections so that they win. I don't know if there is a word for that, but in our nation, it is what a very clever Republican party with lots of money has done. We are almost to a point where elections don't even matter any more with the way the Republicans stack the deck in their favor.
    We need to teach our children how to lose and be ok with it instead of pitching a fit and making an a$$ out of themselves
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

This map just shows that all the voter/election fraud took place in the cities!

He's a sore loser? Coming from a group that have been complaining about the president for the last 8 years. Now that's funny!

we have a right to complain obummer hates this country and what it stands for,and some people on this board need to listen to Mark Levin
    Last edited by calverton; 11-15-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    He's a sore loser? Coming from a group that have been complaining about the president for the last 8 years. Now that's funny!
    Yes, that's right, we've complained. However, note, we didn't riot in the streets, cry, whine and miss work, classes and any other responsibility we could think of because we were so distraught. We didn't say we were going to kill ourselves..... we didn't wonder what we would "tell our children". We didn't have to play with Playdough and hug puppies.

We simply stated we didn't think Obama is the President he claimed he would be.... and he's not.

Let's talk about that ss12. Can you say he's united the country? Has he calmed race relations? Has he "ended wars"? Has his policies grown the economy? How are our relations with other countries? How's ISIS doing? (oh yeah, they didn't exist before Obama) How's that great Obamacare working out? Did people get to keep their dr.? Keep their plan? Are they saving money? How about the welfare state? More people dependent on government? (you bet your a$$)

So tell me something good Obama has done....

Maybe we should give both candidates a trophy and call it a draw. We have been teaching our kids for to long that everyone is treated equal and there are no winners and losers. It's time these kids, and their parents learn that they can't always have their way.

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Yes, that's right, we've complained. However, note, we didn't riot in the streets, cry, whine and miss work, classes and any other responsibility we could think of because we were so distraught. We didn't say we were going to kill ourselves..... we didn't wonder what we would "tell our children". We didn't have to play with Playdough and hug puppies.

We simply stated we didn't think Obama is the President he claimed he would be.... and he's not.

Let's talk about that ss12. Can you say he's united the country? Has he calmed race relations? Has he "ended wars"? Has his policies grown the economy? How are our relations with other countries? How's ISIS doing? (oh yeah, they didn't exist before Obama) How's that great Obamacare working out? Did people get to keep their dr.? Keep their plan? Are they saving money? How about the welfare state? More people dependent on government? (you bet your a$$)

So tell me something good Obama has done....
    Do you really think Trump is going to unite this country? As far as the economy goes I guess you forgot the mess that the former republican president left Obama. Are relationship with other countries I would say it is probably better than it was with the former president. So what changes is Trump going to do with the (republican idea) called the affordable health care act? Is it still going to be a law that makes it a mandate that everybody has health care? If he doesn't get rid of the mandate then nothing really changes. Its already went from repeal to making changes. The old bait and hook works every time. Is he going to prosecute Hillary Clinton? I'm not a Obama fan by the way but what he had to work with(the reject Republican party) I think he done a decent job.

and Trump is not Busch , he is not even in office ss12 give him a break , income taxes will be dropping you gotta like that corp tax is dropping which will bring more jobs back and also lowers prices imagine that and TRUMP has both senate and reps on his side ,OBAMA is and was a dangerous man

Sorry but all remaining credibility you had left to make your far left liberal rants is all over now. You make this rediculous thread and you can obviously see by the map on here and the millions of illegals who voted illegally by a rogue president who told them to vote so that they can become citizens, that the Democrat party lost big time.

Pretend and pout all you wish on here and show us how you people think. You are a prime example of what people voted to get rid of. The nation could actually get back on it's feet again if your mindset is finally beaten in this country.

It's been a whole week and you are still not accepting the truth and reality. You lost you lost you lost. Get it Mr. Whacko, you lost!!!?