For Immediate Release
November 14, 2016

Shane Clanton Shines for $10,000 Victory at Senoia

Zebulon, Georgia (11/14/16) – Shane Clanton put an exclamation point on the 2016 campaign by scoring a $10,000 triumph in the season finale in his #25 Super K Express/ Capital Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“Anytime you can end the season with a win it’s a big deal because it gives you momentum heading into the off-season,” said Clanton after registering his 10th win of 2016. “It means a lot to win a race close to home with so many of my family and friends in attendance. I just want to thank all of them and all of my supporters. Hopefully we can have an even bigger year in 2017.”

Behind the wheel of the Weldbank Energy #25 Super Late Model, Shane Clanton visited Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) on Friday night for the opening round of the Southern Nationals Bonus Series (SNBS) sanctioned, Showdown at Senoia. Drawing 34 entries for the two-day show, Clanton followed up the 3rd-fastest time in his qualifying group with a heat race victory. Rolling off 2nd for the A-Main on Saturday evening, Shane jumped into the lead on the opening lap and never let go of the top spot to capture his 10th victory of the season. Holding off a late-race charge in the final laps of the 60-lapper, Shane Clanton topped Michael Page, Brandon Overton, Chase Junghans, and Jimmy Owens to pick up the $10,000 top prize.

“The track clearly took rubber, and late in the race I missed the rubber a few times, and Michael (Page) did his best to get by, but luckily I was able to hold onto the top spot,” said Clanton. “It just feels real good to be in Victory Lane at Senoia.”

Full results are available at www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com/bonus_index.html .

The 2016 season has now drawn to a close for the Weldbank Energy team. Their focus now shifts to the short offseason as they prepare their equipment for another assault on the World of Outlaws (WoO) Craftsman Late Model Series in 2017. For the latest team updates, please keep your browsers pointed to www.ShaneClanton25.com .

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Weldbank Energy, Capital Race Cars, Cooper’s Country Meat Packers, Super K Express, Clements Racing Engines, VP Racing Fuels, Hoosier Tire South, QA1, Keyser Manufacturing, GW Performance, Southern Fibernet Inc., Quarter Master, Bert Transmission, Weld Racing, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Cizmar Racing, CV Products, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Integra Racing Shocks, Integra MX Springs, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, Driven Oil, Wilwood Brakes, Braille Batteries, Slavic Graphics and Apparel, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com .