FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 14, 2016

Chase Junghans Finishes 4th in Showdown at Senoia; Gateway Dirt Next

Manhattan, Kansas (11/14/16) – Chase Junghans raced to a Top-5 finish in the finale of the Showdown at Senoia at Senoia Raceway on Saturday evening.

“We’ve had some crazy bad luck this season, so it felt great to finally get a strong finish that reflects just how good our program is,” commented Junghans. “I won’t lie. I thought bad luck was going to find me again when Riley Hickman got spun in front of me late in the race. Luckily we got our spot back and came away with a 4th-place finish.”

Piloting the Shop Quik Racing #18 Capital Race Car/ Jay D ickens Racing Engine Super Late Model, Chase Junghans traveled to Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Georgia) on Friday for the opening round of the two-day Southern Nationals Bonus Series, sanctioned weekend.

With 34 Super Late Models entered for the Showdown at Senoia, Junghans edged his way into the feature on Saturday night with a 3rd-place finish in his heat.

Rolling off 11th for the $10,000-to-win A-Main, Chase slowly worked his way forward in the field. He would be forced to get hard on the brakes late in the feature, when Riley Hickman spun up the track in front of him. The two cars made slight contact, but no significant damage was incurred. Junghans retained his spot in the running order and went on to record a 4th-place finish in the 60 lapper behind Shane Clanton, Michael Page, and Brandon Overton with Jimmy Owens coming in 5th.

For full results from this event, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

A single event remains on the docket for Chase Junghans in 2016 as he will compete in the inaugural VP Racing Fuels Gateway Dirt Nationals presented by Karl Performance on December 15-17. The much-hyped event will be held at the Dome at America’s Center (St. Louis, Missouri). Competitors will compete for a total payday of $25,000 on a 1/5-mile bullring that will be constructed inside the dome. For more information on the event, please visit www.GatewayDirt.com .

Chase Junghans would like to thank his principal and associate sponsors including Shop Quik Convenience Stores, Sunoco Race Fuels, Junghans Discount Liquors, Paulson Rock Products, Hoosier Tire, Jay D ickens Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks and Springs, Fast Shafts Driveshafts, Speedway Motors, PRC, Sweet Manufacturing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Chase Junghans and Shop Quik Racing please visit www.ChaseJunghans.com .